4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the premium price, but you'll need to tape up the lids
We bought these to manage the moving of books and office files. They coped admirably with the weight, and were the perfect size to carry easily. They don't come apart at the handles or the base, which is what invariably happens with cheaper brown cardboard versions, and we managed to stack them six high in storage with no compression at all.

Both lids and boxes...
Published 14 months ago by Third Time Lucky

1.0 out of 5 stars Very weak and tear easily
These are waste of money. They tear easily and are useless! Lids are too loose... Not strong at all! Disappointing
Published 10 days ago by Gordāfarīd

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the premium price, but you'll need to tape up the lids, 11 Feb 2013
Third Time Lucky (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Both lids and boxes come flat-packed and are quick and easy - if somewhat tedious - to fold together.

Equally important is the ease of dismantling and packing away for the next move, and again these coped well. The lids are the only exception, as their corner tabs tend to tear. A little bit of judicious sellotaping solves that problem, though it does mean they can't be folded completely flat again. To keep the unfolded cartons together and clean in storage after use, wrap some Clingfilm around them.

Oh, and another tip we learnt only when it was too late: archive boxes regularly appear on Freecycle!

5.0 out of 5 stars Immensely useful at a very good price, 20 Feb 2011
Andrew "impulsive gadget buyer" (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
These boxes are fantastic for organising an inside space. Be it professional or eprsonal. They are easy to assemble, you merely push the corners in and base out and your away!

They are very sturdy and take a fair weight with easy to grip handles.

I took it upon myself to tidy my attic. Bought a pack of 10 of these and everything is not tidy, organised and neatly labelled so I know where everything is. Also really handy for transporting things.

Also use these in work for storage and movement of files.

Excelelnt product, can't fault the quality compared to some hgih street own brands!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - so easy can be assembled with one hand - and a foot :0), 27 April 2013
Beanie Luck Spud (Cotswolds) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Fellowes Bankers Box System Standard Storage Box - Blue (Pack of 10) (Office Product)
Length:: 0:34 Mins

I was very excited to get these, as i am in the middle of moving house and was in desperate need of additional boxes.

These are fantastic.

I got the Blue standard ones and when assembled they measure 15.5" x 11.5" x 13.5"

They are super strong and have held my books, dvds, crockery, shoes, clothes bedding etc with absolute ease.

Obviously these are supposed to store files but these boxes are really thick and i have found they hold a lot of stuff.

I am so impressed i am going to buy more.

I have uploaded a short video to show you how easy it easy to assemble with one hand and a foot because my other hand was holding the camera lol

5.0 out of 5 stars These are jolly good, Fellowes!!, 24 April 2013
G. J. Oxley "Gaz" (Tyne & Wear, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love quality boxes and can't get enough of them (ignores sniggers from any juveniles reading this). Why? - well, although I live in a three bedroom flat, I own enough books to fill a bookstore. I have around 18 decent-sized sets of bookshelves and these are all currently double stacked. However, I keep the greater part of my collection in dozens of (Fellowes) storage boxes, and I need a lot more than I currently own!

Why Fellowes boxes are so good:

1) They are very durable and can be stacked atop each other without the sides buckling, leading to possible damage to the contents. This is due to the strength of the corrugated cardboard itself and the added bonus of them being double-walled makes them more robust again - more so than many other options available in stores.

2) Due to ingenious design they are easily erected in no time at all. Their method of construction is, in fact, idiot proof.

As I treasure my books so much and take great care to maintain their condition, I buy Fellowes each time because they've proved their worth to me over the years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very convenient for storage, but not suitable for daily use, 23 April 2013
R. F. Stevens "richard23491" (Ickenham UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These Bankers Boxes are a useful component in the Fellowes range of storage boxes. Ideally they should be employed to contain archival storage or transport storage for suspension pockets or box files. I have the 'Standard Size' which is nominally 333mm deep x 285mm high x 390mm wide and weighs 540gms. Two of these boxes are needed to accommodate the pockets and documents normally jammed into a standard filing cabinet drawer. Do not expect to be able to use them for daily work, they are not a substitute for a filing cabinet or a set of shelves.

The card base is a bit too weak to trust with random packing of heavy objects such as books, and the first box I tried with this simply deposited them on the floor when I picked up the box. Also I was not able to stack four boxes high with the suspension pockets and their contents from my filing cabinet drawers without the lowest box bulging ominously.

They are not suitable for frequent access of the suspension pockets as some types of metal suspension ears catch on the cardboard and cut into it. The folded cardboard is however the correct thickness to correctly engage in the suspension ear slots and retain the pockets. And the lid fits snugly over the ears. I've posted a picture to show this.

The assembly is quick to begin with: open it out to square, and then fold down the inner base flap. But then it slows down as care is needed to correctly fold in the top edges with the double fold to give the desired square supporting edge. Similarly with the lid, care is required to engage the side flaps in the fold-over. I guess it takes about a minute to completely assemble a box and its lid.

On the 'Standard' size, the carry handle holes are in the same sides as the pocket ears rest on, so ones fingers go through into the ends of the pockets and the documents within. This could be a problem if the box is tightly filled.

For heavier storage, such as books etc (as I had hoped to be able to also use them for), then the much more robust and easier to assemble one-piece R-Kive Transit Moving Boxes also from Fellowes are much more appropriate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality and super sturdy, 22 Jun 2013
I bought these boxes to cart about some really heavy books. The total weight must have been 20kgs in some of the boxes, but they were really sturdy and we were able to carry them around with the handles without the boxes falling apart.

They are really easy to assemble, the box pops open just by pulling the sides apart and popping a flap down which literally takes seconds. The lids take a bit longer to assemble, but each side is just folded down and secured. Each box takes about 30 seconds I would say.

We also stacked them for a while (full of books), but the lids started to cave in which is to be expected. So bear this in mind, but the boxes really were heavy. They fold back down for easy storage and we popped them back into the boxes they came in so they didn't take up too much room.

I bought these from the Amazon warehouse deals (see the used section), and even though it says they have cosmetic damage, they looked as good as new to me. I may have just been lucky but I bought two lots and both were in perfect condition.

I can't think of any negative points!

5.0 out of 5 stars Boxes, 4 Dec 2012
Fantastic size, I was expecting to be disappointed with the size of the box but not at all, so easy to set up, very solid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good size and suitable for lighter items, 21 Nov 2011
S. Thomas (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought these to tidy up my office prior to moving. They are a good size compared to some and perfect for lever arch files and other items but I would recommend purchasing an extra strong version for books and cassettes as I broke a couple of the boxes by putting items in that were too heavy for them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very weak and tear easily, 9 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy box, 2 Dec 2013
Really strong boxes, I used them to store kitchen cup, crockery, pots and pans when I was refolding the kitchen and they were great. Some of the boxes when full were really heavy but they were really fit for purpose.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›