5.0 out of 5 stars Simple is as simple does...
TC Electronic do us all a favour and invent something we’ve been waiting ten years for: a looper pedal that you can actually figure out in seconds!

Published 22 months ago by Strummedit

1.0 out of 5 stars Customer service sucks
Avoid TC electronics pedals. They are unreliable and their customer service sucks.
I've contacted TC electronics after my pedal turned out to be faulty and their reply was short, glib, and didn't help. Don't be a fool like me, avoid this pedal.
Published 4 months ago by Seoulman

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple is as simple does..., 5 April 2013
This review is from: TC Electronic DITTO LOOPER Electric guitar effects Loopers (Electronics)

Straight from the box, holding it in my hand gave me that warm and fuzzy “new gadget” feeling that anyone who’s bought an iPhone will know well. It’s very compact but has a reassuring weightiness.

On testing, it proved brilliantly simple to use.

Stomp 1: It records
Stomp 2: Recording stops and loop continues
Stomp 3: Noodle away to your hearts content
Stomp 4: Repeat stomps 2 and 3 until your hands fall off…

If you make a mistake while adding a part, deleting it is done by simply holding your foot down for a few seconds, this is extremely useful as anyone who has gigged with a looper pedal will know that fluffing a note or two can be a truly catastrophic experience as your mistake is then repeatedly played out to your audience as you scramble to recover your cool.

Further testament to its simplicity is the size of the instruction manual which is printed on one side of a sliver of paper roughly the size of a tea bag.

Another benefit live performers will enjoy is that the pedal remembers your loops even after you turn it off, allowing you to perfect at least one loop in rehearsal and have it recorded and ready to use on stage. It also holds a decent 5 minutes of recording time so performing complete songs is perfectly possible too.

Overall, this is a great little product from TC and at a very reasonable £105 will meet the demands (and budgets!) of many guitarists which for me indicates that they’re a company with a good feel for what us humble musicians want and they were probably aware that Boss’s RC-3 looper (now £179 but previously £260!) was a little too pricey to manage.

There is one small design fault that I encountered: because of its very small size, when stomping, the tip of my shoe obstructed the control light meaning I had to count in my head rather than waiting to see the light blink. Luckily my wife suggested a practical solution- don’t wear pointy shoes.

More on my wordpress blog: strummedit.wordpress(dot)com

5.0 out of 5 stars A bassists looper!, 9 Aug. 2013
I almost had to search the package to find this looper.......its very small!. I bought a daisy chain multi lead for a few quid so I just plugged the bass/ looper in and stomped away. The instructions are simple and brief to say the least.
Great , simple and so much easier than the RC3 (Boss) I had before to get your head around.
Plug in and enjoy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - why didn't someone do this years ago?, 24 Feb. 2014
I've owned at least 4 looper pedals, none of which have I kept as they're either too complicated or compromise the signal too much. This has both problems sorted - dead easy to use and doesn't interfere with your sound. Once you've sussed it (10 seconds max) you can build up layers or jam to your heart's content. I've already used it for a couple of solo gigs in the pub and it was absolutely brilliant - don't need a second guitarist to sound like a band. Honestly, this and a tubescreamer and you're sorted - an absolute must for every guitar player. Be interesting to see the reaction of the other manufacturers that have gone down the kitchen sink route - Line 6, Roland etc, 'cos this thing is a game changer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 16 May 2013
Was very close to giving this 5 stars as the product is excellent - seems very well built and very simple to use. I'm using it with an electric violin and it's just the job.

A couple things to note and the reasons for the 1 star missing:
It doesn't come with a power supply and doesn't accomodate a battery - seems a bit odd to supply a product that won't work out of the box without having to buy a power adapter.

This should not put you off getting one - as long as you know in advance!

Also, the instructions that come in the box are minimalist to say the least, so it's worth noting that there is a more detailed manual available on their website, and some good demos on youtube.

5.0 out of 5 stars it loops it loops it loops.., 1 Oct. 2014
Great looper, does what a looper should and has a small footprint. The fact it retains the last sample even when the looper is switch off is nice too for teaching/gigging. Only downside is that TC Electronics sell their FLashback Delay (which has built in looper function plus 12 or so delays) for only £20-£30 more, The loop function isn't worth as much as this or many other units are sold for as the processing is minimal.

Great pedal though

...

Great pedal though

5.0 out of 5 stars Reapeating myself, 14 April 2014
R. Silcox - See all my reviews
My other loopers are much more complicated than this little gadget. Menus and sub menus make it irksome task to get even a simple loop going. This little gadget however, is so simple to use. It is strongly made and the sound reproduction is spot on. A great buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Customer service sucks, 11 Sept. 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Returned within 30 days - replaced with alternative brand with a feature I can't live without!, 20 May 2014
Alex P (England, UK) - See all my reviews
I was very excited to buy this as my first foray into loop pedals and was initially very impressed, I loved the size, simplicity and quality of the pedal.

I had to return it due to a factory fault, a background crackling noise was being recorded by the looper and added to my loops - from online research I suspect it was a soldering issue with one of the jack sockets. I managed to return it to amazon with no trouble just within 30 days. I became a little worried before this as I'd read through my research that TCs warranty services can include hefty bills for repairs or replacements.

I decided to buy the Digitech JamMan Express XT as a replacement and would now recommend this over the Ditto, simply by features alone. It has double the looping time, stereo inputs and outputs, dedicated function LEDs and allows you to silently erase loops - something you can't do on the Ditto and I've found this to be an essential feature for my needs. The XT is relatively smaller than most pedals on my board but no where near the size of the Ditto and also has a "learn to love" paint job - the Ditto definitely wins in the looks department. The XT is also slightly cheaper, but I'm sure this won't be an issue for most as they are both fairly affordable.

I hate to diss the Ditto as it ticks all the boxes on paper. I was undeniably happy with it when it first arrived and I don't doubt that it would not have received the accolades it has without others having success with it. After having gone through what I did I'm glad to have opted for the Express XT instead, as the silent erase function makes much more sense and now feels like a necessity.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 27 Jan. 2015
Great piece of kit, I use it a lot. The lack of internal battery power is a bit of a pain if you just want to plug it in to try something and the power connection on the side makes it awkward to stack neatly with adjacent pedals. The switch has quite a positive click and I have read that these can need replacing in time. In retrospect I wish I had bought the BOSS as this has none of the issues noted above.

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not be simpler to use, 10 Oct. 2013
Mr. J. A. Williams (cumbria england) - See all my reviews
A friend wanted a looper that was not over the top with extra functions and was easy to use after having unsatisfatory experience with an over- complicated product from another manufacturer, I read about the Ditto looper and as it seemed to be just the job I ordered it for him, it arrived very quickly and as my friend was at work I decided to try it out myself, it could not have been easier, very few instructions are needed and it works perfectly, I will be recommending this to other friends.