5.0 out of 5 stars Simple is as simple does...
TC Electronic do us all a favour and invent something we’ve been waiting ten years for: a looper pedal that you can actually figure out in seconds!

Published 12 months ago by Strummedit

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, Wouldn't work had to send back
I bought the item and it arrived today I took it out of the box to find that the pedal wouldn't work it powered up with my 9V power supply and lit up however wouldn't record or play back the loop had to send it back for a new one maybe it was a one off however keep this in mind when you get yours
Published 3 months ago by David

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple is as simple does..., 5 April 2013
This review is from: TC Electronic DITTO LOOPER Amplifiers Effects Loopers (Electronics)

Straight from the box, holding it in my hand gave me that warm and fuzzy “new gadget” feeling that anyone who’s bought an iPhone will know well. It’s very compact but has a reassuring weightiness.

On testing, it proved brilliantly simple to use.

Stomp 1: It records
Stomp 2: Recording stops and loop continues
Stomp 3: Noodle away to your hearts content
Stomp 4: Repeat stomps 2 and 3 until your hands fall off…

If you make a mistake while adding a part, deleting it is done by simply holding your foot down for a few seconds, this is extremely useful as anyone who has gigged with a looper pedal will know that fluffing a note or two can be a truly catastrophic experience as your mistake is then repeatedly played out to your audience as you scramble to recover your cool.

Further testament to its simplicity is the size of the instruction manual which is printed on one side of a sliver of paper roughly the size of a tea bag.

Another benefit live performers will enjoy is that the pedal remembers your loops even after you turn it off, allowing you to perfect at least one loop in rehearsal and have it recorded and ready to use on stage. It also holds a decent 5 minutes of recording time so performing complete songs is perfectly possible too.

Overall, this is a great little product from TC and at a very reasonable 105 will meet the demands (and budgets!) of many guitarists which for me indicates that they’re a company with a good feel for what us humble musicians want and they were probably aware that Boss’s RC-3 looper (now 179 but previously 260!) was a little too pricey to manage.

There is one small design fault that I encountered: because of its very small size, when stomping, the tip of my shoe obstructed the control light meaning I had to count in my head rather than waiting to see the light blink. Luckily my wife suggested a practical solution- don’t wear pointy shoes.

More on my wordpress blog: strummedit.wordpress(dot)com

5.0 out of 5 stars A bassists looper!, 9 Aug 2013
I almost had to search the package to find this looper.......its very small!. I bought a daisy chain multi lead for a few quid so I just plugged the bass/ looper in and stomped away. The instructions are simple and brief to say the least.
Great , simple and so much easier than the RC3 (Boss) I had before to get your head around.
Plug in and enjoy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not be simpler to use, 10 Oct 2013
Mr. J. A. Williams (cumbria england) - See all my reviews
A friend wanted a looper that was not over the top with extra functions and was easy to use after having unsatisfatory experience with an over- complicated product from another manufacturer, I read about the Ditto looper and as it seemed to be just the job I ordered it for him, it arrived very quickly and as my friend was at work I decided to try it out myself, it could not have been easier, very few instructions are needed and it works perfectly, I will be recommending this to other friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - why didn't someone do this years ago?, 24 Feb 2014
I've owned at least 4 looper pedals, none of which have I kept as they're either too complicated or compromise the signal too much. This has both problems sorted - dead easy to use and doesn't interfere with your sound. Once you've sussed it (10 seconds max) you can build up layers or jam to your heart's content. I've already used it for a couple of solo gigs in the pub and it was absolutely brilliant - don't need a second guitarist to sound like a band. Honestly, this and a tubescreamer and you're sorted - an absolute must for every guitar player. Be interesting to see the reaction of the other manufacturers that have gone down the kitchen sink route - Line 6, Roland etc, 'cos this thing is a game changer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius Looper, 14 Jan 2014
Mr M J Milbourn (Torbay, Auckland, NZ) - See all my reviews
In the past i have not made much use of loopers, I have been playing semi-pro for the best part of 40 years and have used a huge variety of pedals. This little beast in an absolute gem!

In use the DITTO is so simple that I find it a total inspiration. There is no reading a complicated manual and then spending ages trying to get it to work; the DITTO works with one button straight out of the box leaving you free to just play. It takes and repeats sounds from sweet ambient to rocked out delayed lead lines with total accuracy and makes practicing and doodling great fun.

I would recommend this pedal to anyone, some more experienced players who develop complex loops may well need something more sophisticated but for just about everyone else this baby is great value and great fun.

TC Electronic DITTO LOOPER Amplifiers Effects Reverb - delay

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 16 May 2013
Was very close to giving this 5 stars as the product is excellent - seems very well built and very simple to use. I'm using it with an electric violin and it's just the job.

A couple things to note and the reasons for the 1 star missing:
It doesn't come with a power supply and doesn't accomodate a battery - seems a bit odd to supply a product that won't work out of the box without having to buy a power adapter.

This should not put you off getting one - as long as you know in advance!

Also, the instructions that come in the box are minimalist to say the least, so it's worth noting that there is a more detailed manual available on their website, and some good demos on youtube.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reapeating myself, 14 April 2014
R. Silcox - See all my reviews
My other loopers are much more complicated than this little gadget. Menus and sub menus make it irksome task to get even a simple loop going. This little gadget however, is so simple to use. It is strongly made and the sound reproduction is spot on. A great buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars looper simplicity, 29 Mar 2014
Andrew Jones "Andy Jones" (Herefordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Cracking little looper this. Does what it says on the tin. I think it is really aimed at the bedroom rockstar though as I'm not sure that it would be that user friendly whilst gigging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant...., 23 Mar 2014
Great product. High quality, simple.....perfect. It does just what it says on the tin, does not affect sound quality and has a good long loop memory. No bells, whistles or MIDI. I run it in the FX loop of my Marshall so I can change channel for the overdubs & not alter the tone of the loop. Brilliant....... There is no option of using a battery - so why is the power supply not included?

5.0 out of 5 stars Less is more, 9 Mar 2014
C. Lambert - See all my reviews
I have a big Vox looper that is truly an awesome bit of kit. It provides massive control over looping, and has effects, foot pedal control, multi inputs. The works. And I have the Ditto. One button, one knob. I bought it about 6 months ago, and I've used it every day since. Literally. It sounds great, is accurate, and makes you WANT to use it. I've discovered that ease of use is the main attribute with loopers. I'd use it on stage, definitely. As a practice and arrangement tool it is peerless. It's well built, small and unpretentious. If you buy it, you WILL like it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›