4.0 out of 5 stars Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2014
It's been many years since i last played a Tiger Woods game, although i always enjoyed them they seemed to get a little bit silly and far fetched, almost made for young teens and taking a comical approach to things rather than a true golf game. Going years back the commentary was shockingly poor with the same phrases being used on virtually every hole and every course...
Published 20 months ago by MrE

3.0 out of 5 stars Overly complicated but with some good additions
I`m pretty loyal to the "franchise" of Tiger Woods golf, so in many ways I`m a schmuck. However, there are just (and only just) enough additions to the previous year(s) each time to make a purchase worthwhile. Whether it`s worth £35-40 cost each year, rather than waiting six months for a big drop in price, is normally down to my finances at the time!
I`m a...
Published 20 months ago by Little Cat Voom

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Lack of Polish, Lack of Fun, No Skill Required, 3 May 2013
Peri Urban "periurban" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I played this game for several hours using the standard wired controller, and I never once hit anything like a bad shot off the tee. Bunkers presented no challenge, as I was able to chip out to a good position every time. Falling short of the green wasn't a problem either, since I was regularly able to chip in from the edge!

The only aspect I did not manage to master was putting, which seemed impenetrable. The greens were (to me) impossible to read, even with the wee spangly lines twinkling at me.

Graphically, the game was flatter than a steamrollered pancake. The fairways look like carpet, and the greens look like painted cork tiles. The swing animations are fine, but every golfer swings the same, including the guy from 1873. There was a reason these guys played 91, and they did not swing like that. Also, plunging exactly the same course into sepia doesn't do anything to convince me I'm time travelling. The old course at St Andrews didn't look the same in 1873 as it does now, but just a bit browner! Nor did crowds in those days whoop and holler.

Aside from the swing itself, the animations are a joke in this day and age. Have the developers of this game not seen another modern game? Tiger looks like a cardboard cutout, little better than the weirdly synchronised crowd. Often, the animations will stutter as the menu loads in the background. Title animations and playbacks sometimes freeze, if only for a second or so. Still, it's enough to rub the shine right off.

I have a horrible feeling that most of the budget for this game went on securing the rights to the players, rather than on gameplay and design. It's a stodgy, underdeveloped mess compared to any of the current generation of AAA titles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 July 2014
Great game and cheap

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 4 Sept. 2014
good thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars On the right track, 1 April 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I've had every Tiger Woods game since '07. While I still remain that they peaked at '11, '12 and '13 were dreadful. I was extremely hesitant to buy this game but the demo convinced me otherwise.
Had it for a day now and, while it still isn't the best in my opinion, EA are getting back on the right track.
The improvement to online play is been long overdue.
However the fact that EA insist on you throwing more money at them for courses they could very much include with the game, really makes it obvious that EA has reduced the funding for the development of the Tiger Woods franchise.
Shame really.
People who are on the fence about getting this game, wait for a couple of months for the price to fall to about £20, and then you'll have no regrets.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tiger woods genre comes again, 29 Mar. 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Ok first I must say this is still the best franchise of golf available on any console, which gives you some idea of how little the golf sim games have progressed the last 5 years, now the the game itself: Firstly if your looking for major improvements over the last game its not going to please you at all , additions to this game are that you can now play all 4 majors in a career season which is great, except yet again they have taken the option of adding spin to the ball during the Masters, how dumb is this I mean its like saying you cant use a driver in real golf come on EA this is a poor decision ,also again there is a levelling up system based on xp earned from rounds challenges etc, but for me its got old and tiresome and its needs a new approach to getting a golfer to a level needed to win on the more difficult levels of the game, the historic mode is ok but I wouldn't buy this game for that as its just a rushed add on which is hopelessly easy to complete, graphically its good but no real improvements, there is still glint errors in certain tree shaded areas making it hard to see if branches are in your shot view, 20 courses are freely available, but 15 are ones you have played on many occasions, I liked the fantasy courses but no new ones, unless your willing to pay for them , this is where the franchise is heading now, stinging you out of more money for courses that you really dont need, online is great the country clubs have been increased to 100 people , and night golf is an interesting addition, but completely un realistic if you think of the real world, a few new pros added, but I always crsate my own golfers so this does not bother me either way, not many challenges options which is a shame as I found that the most interesting of all about Tw golf, womens golf LPGA is ok but its aimed at getting to there so called major yawn , ive not entirely explored all avenues of the game but if you want the most from this game online is where its at, yes its an improvement over Tw13 , but not 40 pounds worth, only get this, if like me you want the latest of everything, be cautious though as its same old same old enjoy if you can ..........

2.0 out of 5 stars Stripped down career mode, 23 Oct. 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I like this game. However I feel that there is 1 thing which lets it down.
The experience of playing in the career mode is very shallow.

Its almost as if EA has said, lets just make this part as uninspiring as possible. They have really killed all sense of personality and fun out of this part of the game.

I know they can do better as they have made at least some attempt in previous versions.
But this time they have really made the career experience as mundane as it can get.

Why make it worse? It wouldn't take too much extra effort to enhance this.

I liked before when you finished a tournament you had a little graphic of a cheque being written out to you for your prize money. You could even take a virtual walk through a clubhouse and view your trophies and awards. Looking in the calender also showed you when you played and what position you came and you were able to examine your playing history in at least some detail. It was all so much more satisfying.

Now you can barely get the basics. For example I tied a tournament recently and went into a play off with Tiger Woods. It was the best of 3 holes. I had no idea how I was doing during the play. Only when I sunk the birdie at the second hole I realised something must have happened because the game suddenly went into loading mode and I was dumped at the start screen saying press x to continue career etc. I was dumbfounded. Not even a simple screen in recognition of what I did or didnt do. Did I even win? I guess so. I had to go into the generic 'Trophy view' and had to work it out by examining the number below all the awards, looking to which of them had gone up by one! I felt totally deflated and just felt like saying 'why bother?'
Its stupid and pointless the way they have stripped this down.

I dont feel like playing any more because even if I become a golfing legend it wont be reflected in the game... there is no sense of achievement.. or satisfaction. I am just a stat and going through all the motions as if I was an AI player.

5.0 out of 5 stars sons review, 23 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Brilliant great ect ect ect and so on
Older sons love it too
so a great buy I think
a winner

5.0 out of 5 stars xbox 360 tiger woods 14, 20 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
the worst game that ea sports have produced in the tiger woods franchise. full of glitches and almost not playable. amazon has a good delivery as always.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiger 14, 7 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Brilliant game love it as if you got FIFA 13 season pass there give you free pin packs every week

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I actually bought this for a relative and he has told me its brilliant game and well worth the money paid.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (Xbox 360)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (Xbox 360) by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)