Platform: Xbox 360|Change
Price:£16.39 - £69.95

on 29 March 2013
Received my copy of the game on Wednesday from Game. I was very eager to see what the new features were like in the game. Below is a list of pros and cons

Pros:
Historic feature is good, getting to play in days gone by with old golf equipment and how the courses were from 1897 to present day.
Time of day is a nice touch
Swing and spin have been greatly improved.
Latest equipment from manufacturers

Cons:
EA have removed Sponsorship
EA have removed Course Mastery
EA have now made all downloadable courses pay only so you can no longer use in game currency to buy rounds.
In order to unlock new gear, we are back to levelling up your golfer, as opposed to being sponsored
In pre-event training rounds, you no longer unlock new gear.

Overall, despite the new features, EA have went back to money, money, money mode with this game. I would return the game if I hadn't already used the online pass code which EA prompts you to enter when you first load up the game. All in all, if you have Tiger Woods 13 and are not interested in playing historic golf then don't buy this game. If you are only interested in playing historic golf, then this could be the game for you.
VINE VOICEon 3 May 2013
Platform: Xbox 360|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I played this game for several hours using the standard wired controller, and I never once hit anything like a bad shot off the tee. Bunkers presented no challenge, as I was able to chip out to a good position every time. Falling short of the green wasn't a problem either, since I was regularly able to chip in from the edge!

The only aspect I did not manage to master was putting, which seemed impenetrable. The greens were (to me) impossible to read, even with the wee spangly lines twinkling at me.

Graphically, the game was flatter than a steamrollered pancake. The fairways look like carpet, and the greens look like painted cork tiles. The swing animations are fine, but every golfer swings the same, including the guy from 1873. There was a reason these guys played 91, and they did not swing like that. Also, plunging exactly the same course into sepia doesn't do anything to convince me I'm time travelling. The old course at St Andrews didn't look the same in 1873 as it does now, but just a bit browner! Nor did crowds in those days whoop and holler.

Aside from the swing itself, the animations are a joke in this day and age. Have the developers of this game not seen another modern game? Tiger looks like a cardboard cutout, little better than the weirdly synchronised crowd. Often, the animations will stutter as the menu loads in the background. Title animations and playbacks sometimes freeze, if only for a second or so. Still, it's enough to rub the shine right off.

I have a horrible feeling that most of the budget for this game went on securing the rights to the players, rather than on gameplay and design. It's a stodgy, underdeveloped mess compared to any of the current generation of AAA titles.
on 2 July 2013
I last played a Tiger Woods game years ago, I think 09/10. I can't see much improvement in this copy. The gameplay is good and always giving a challenge and is unrivaled.
It annoys how addictive this game is because it constantly freezes and it feels like your only given 10 courses to play. I'd say it freezes around 1/3 times I play (1-2 hours of play). The most annoying thing are the amount of courses you have in the standard game. In the career mode, I've played around 10 tournaments and I've played on only 7 courses because when doing the fedex cup, half the courses are a part of a DLC! That for me is like buying the Formula 1 game to find that you have to pay extra to race at Monaco or Silverstone - Bull****! I don't think anyone at EA has ever heard of Wales because for some reason, there's no option to choose Wales as your pros nationality. Even the Fifa games don't have a Welsh team.
The improvements I'd like to are that more courses are available as standard to at least play one full series. I haven't played online much but some of the features used in this i would like to see in the career mode. By this I mean being able to see who you are grouped with, where each players ball lies and comparing longest drive and nearest to the hole with players in your group and the best of the day.
I did read prior to my purchase about the lack of improvement but went ahead with it anyway but I didn't read anywhere about having to pay around £50 for extra courses!
on 31 March 2013
Bought this TW for XB Kinect having loved it for the WII a few years ago and how disappointing. The Kinect and hand console controls are clumsy. Supposed to be a relaxing hobby, but this golf is more frustrating than the real thing. Atleast then I get exercise, this is only an exercise in temper-frustration management.
I thought to add just how bad this truly is ! Not only do you have to push 4 buttons per round to start, but it fails to memorise your options should you come back to it. The aiming system rhymes with SNAP,, A shot it credits for 150 yards is really 120 and nothing to do with the atmospheric conditions, playing on the controller is at best laughable, when a straight shot veers as a result of your follow through.
OMG.. I WISH I COULD CALM DOWN AS THIS RANT IS ONLY A 10TH OF THE FRUSTRATION I AM CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING !!!!
on 24 December 2014
This game has real issues with the online content I have basically stopped trying to play as despite having a live code I cannot download any of the online content and EA despite saying they are working on a fix for months this has not been forthcoming.
on 28 April 2013
Pleased to see the sponsorship challenges are gone. This was a distraction. Easy to pick up from all the previous editions bought. Glad to see that all members of the country club contribute to the bonuses, as I only get a chance to play at the weekend, I could never achieve 5 day streak.
on 10 February 2014
Legends of the majors is a great feature on this game, it senda shivers up your spine involving the history of the game.

online multiplayer is good fun too.

Migh seem an easy game at first, make it as hard as you need it to be!
on 30 January 2014
Haven't had a tiger woods game for 5-6 years so was expecting it to be a lot different, but didn't expect this. I think it's brilliant, the whole new way of playing as an amateur first and moving up the ranks.
Fantastic game would recommend it to anyone who likes playing golf
on 13 August 2013
I have always enjoyed the Tiger Woods games and looked forward to seeing the 2014 edition. Initially liked it, but then things started to become apparent your shots being hidden by pop up scores or information screens, not being able to see the flight of your ball because it switches to an odd angle, if your logged in to the EA server and you try and use your skill points on your created golfer it freezes on the 'please wait' screen and last but not least the most annoying thing is, if you suddenly lose xbox live connection halfway through it kicks you straight back to the loading screen and doesn't save your progress. If I was closer to where I had bought this from it would head straight back to the shop, as it is, it will get attached to some PE4 tomorrow and blow in to oblivion as thats about all it is good for.
on 23 June 2014
I payed extra for next day delivery due to it being a present for the Saturday but wasn't delivered (Friday). I was in the house but did not here a knock and went downstairs and found a slip saying could not be delivered will try again tomorrow. I found this strange as it was only a game and its usually posted through my letter box (like previous times) so i presumed it needed signed for or was too big, fair enough partly my fault. The next day it was then delivered, i wasn't in the house (as i was traveling to Huddersfield early morning for the party that the game was for) but they managed to post it through the door this time? why couldn't they do this on the Friday? This then cost me more as i had a disappointed nephew when i landed at his party without his desired game and cost me more money as i had to send it to him when i got home that weekend.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse