4.0 out of 5 stars Every angler's story
Great start, sums up the universal addiction/lunacy of fishing but towards the end I felt that the author was struggling to find anything new to say and some of the pieces fall flat or just didn't work for me compared to the excellence that preceded them. Neverthess well worth reading - if you fish you'll recognise yourself in there several times at the very least.
Published 21 months ago by G. Evans

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Poorly written
Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Every angler's story, 17 Aug. 2013
G. Evans "The Bimbler" (Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Bad Angler: The collected Bad Angler columns as they appeared, more or less, in The Angling Times, along with one or two that didn't make the cut (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars a cracker of a collection of short fishing tales, 8 Feb. 2015
Made me chuckle. I used to fish years ago when you could guarantee a bite a cast on your maggot baited, split cane rod, OK so it may have been sticklebacks but it was in the days when you peddled off on your bike with a cheese sandwich and a glass of pop. I returned to angling at an older age and the well written, lighthearted tales that this author tells certainly ring a bell with me. My son, who is a far more competent angler than myself, has just downloaded this book and he thinks it's great too, so it's not only for oldies like me. And what's nice about the shorter stories is you can pick it up and put it down when you have five minutes to relax, especially when on the bank and you have a bite alarm doing the work for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hillarious!, 23 July 2013
What a great read! Like the hero of this book I too have come back to fishing after leaving the sport behind as a late teenager and I can thoroughly relate to him all the way through. Every fisherman with a family should read this book. The style of writing is nice and to the point and each story is short. This is great for me as I can read a few pages at a time without having to worry about where I was.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 13 Feb. 2013
The best read that I have downloaded to my Kindle so far.
Like one of the other reviews said, this book makes one laugh out loud in public, especially the piece on John Wilson.
Odd that the price has increased though. I could have sworn that I paid 71p a few weeks ago?

5.0 out of 5 stars Rate gud read!, 6 Dec. 2013
The book was a speculative purchase for me. Fishing books are not usually my thing. However this is not so much a book as a collection of 300 word articles. They are funny, ironic, and sometimes sad...but always tightly written they are a rate gud read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bad Anglers everywhere take note., 11 Sept. 2014
The stories in this book are so funny, anglers everywhere should have a copy of it.
I think I'll leave a copy on my kindle app on my phone , just in case the fishing is a bit slow , it'll cheer my mood

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, and so true!, 5 Nov. 2014
Recalls plenty of scenarios that most anglers will have found themselves in but dare not mention! I now know I'm not alone when it comes to the wrath of the boss when it comes to fishing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!, 12 Mar. 2014
I really enjoyed this book, short quick fire stories brilliantly written. Well worth the money, I would recommend this book to anyone, into fishing or not.

4.0 out of 5 stars Oh so true!!, 27 Feb. 2013
A really funny book, with some wonderful anecdotes, who hasn't got a wife that thinks he spends too much on fishing.A must read for any aspiring angler.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comments, 28 Feb. 2014
Entertaining! Made me think about my style fishing. I have previously tied his fly suggestions which catch for me. in Scotland.Great read.