5.0 out of 5 stars At last! a book to give family and friends!, 26 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Verity Red's Diary - A Story of Surviving M.E. (Kindle Edition)
I have battled ME for 7+ years and this is the only book I have ever found that just tells it like it is. It is very draining trying to explain what it is like to have no brain and no energy, not because you fancy a day off but because there is simply nothing in the tank to fuel anything. Even digesting food saps the reserves and the whole day has to be planned around what has to be done -v- what I would like to do. This book is written with insight and plenty of humour, but within the pages are the frustrations, depressions, and sheer imbuggerance of living with this much misunderstood and frequently trivilised condition. A must have for anyone who needs to understand from our side what it is like to deal with day by day of not doing a fraction of what you took for granted just a few years ago.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light hearted read about a heart breaking subject, 14 May 2014
Acknowledges how very very exhausting it is whilst poking fun at it all - makes a nice change from the doom and gloom you can read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and funny !, 9 Nov. 2013
What a great book ! I'd heard quite a bit about this book since I got M.E. and had been wanting to read it for a few years. The only problem i'd had up until now was the print version has got small type and I couldn't read it because of my M.E. ! I was given an old, original, kindle to see if I could read with that, and found that with print size just short of maximum I could read this book :-) (it's soooo good to be able to read something after 8 yrs of not being able to read :-) ).
I've heard that the book got it's title 'verity red's diary' from 'very tired's diary', which I think is clever :-).
It's a light hearted look at a year in the life of verity and what life's like having to live with M.E. I would assume that the author has M.E. herself to be able to write such an accurate account of what life's like living with it.
I found it a great book with a good 'discription' of life with M.E. and quite light hearted - people without M.E. but have family/friends with it might find it hard to believe that this is what life is like with the illness but unfortunately this is what life is like for us. If you don't have M.E. or know anyone with it then I think that you'll enjoy this book as the author has a sense of humour :-) (and a love for the 7 dwarfs !!!)