on 2 November 2013
Having previously owned this models predecessors and had many years of trouble free use, I have recently purchased this particular model. Why particularly I hear asked ? Well partly from product experience, the steam output for this domestic appliance I assert we'll exceeds any of its closest competitors which is essential when cleaning and also reassuring.
As well as providing copious amounts of steam there is an option for vapo rapid function which provides hot water for particularly stubborn floor stains (in my case)
The steam output is variable vis a control switch on the machine itself, also the water reservoir tank is removable for filling or if you prefer can be filled whilst attached to the machine, this is an improvement on the older models as when the tank was empty you had to wait for it to cool before refilling.
On to the steam iron function which I principally used this models predecessor for I cannot praise highly enough the power and ease with which the iron cuts through the toughest dried/creased laundry the nearest thing I can compare it to would be a commercial product. I would not recommend the young or frail using this as it really is powerful.
The other improvements made to this model are tool storage which allows all the sc5.800 tools to be stored on board which is handy.
In summation this is by no means the cheapest steamer out there but speaking with some experience the the steam output and iron capacity really do make jobs much easier. For a steam iron generator alone you can pay in excess of several hundred pounds with this machine you have multi options available open to you.
on 13 September 2013
I have owned a small hand-held steamer for years, which go occasional use for stubborn stains in the kitchen, but it always cooled down and ran out of water way too quickly.

Looking for a larger cleaner for everywhere I ran through hundreds of reviews of all sorts of different products. All had mixed reviews and I really didn't know where to go.

This beast is expensive, that is true, but after saving up for a while (all the time trying to stop my wife from just buying the first one she saw), I went ahead and splashed out in the hope that going for the flagship Kärcher would mean a lot of the problems of other cleaners would not turn up. I thought paying £300 for something that really works was better than paying £100 for something that would just sit in the cupboard after 2 attempts.

And luckily I was right! No issues with waiting for the thing to reheat, no issues about it running out of water, no issues of it just spitting out hot water, no issues of steam leaking out of joints and scalding hands...

The more powerful heater and the very cleverly designed "continuous steam function", meant that when we attacked the conservatory we spend a couple of hours getting into every nook and cranny inside and out without once having to wait for steam. And we could top up the water into the secondary container a couple of times without missing a single beat.

Great quality and a dream to work with.

I guess in this case, you really do get what you pay for!
11 comment|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 March 2014
Super Steam Cleaner. I have to say this is the finest Steam Cleaner money can buy. Yes it is much more dearer than all my previous cleaners, but if you want a cleaner that does really clean,then you need this one. It has to be one of the finest things I have ever purchased. Highly recommended.
on 22 July 2014
This thing is a beast. My bathroom was declared a toxic environmental disaster area by the World Health Organisation. I brought this little beauty in and it cut through the imbedded grime, dried soap and Lord know what else in no time at all. It took me about fifteen minutes to unpack, read instructions and set up then I was good to go. You need to experiment to get the best results, but once I had got the hang of it I was on a roll. My bathroom is now an area of outstanding natural beauty as a result.

If I have a gripe it is that they should have included a couple of those little bristle attachments needed for getting into those hard to reach corners. Apart from that, I'm happier than a dog with two tails.
on 17 November 2013
Makes cleaning easy,
Kitchen floor daily, no hassle,
Bathrooms weekly they come up smelling of fresh air and not a chemical smell any where !
Easy to fill, love the dual tanks, means no waiting for water to heat up when you refill.
on 1 April 2015
Hands down, this is the best. I've gone through so many steam cleaners by many brands, and Karcher comes out on top. It's super powerful, leaves a fantastic gleam on all surfaces and has a host of extras to help you get into all manner of nooks and crannies. You could get away with cleaning on a less frequent basis as it seems to keep things clean for longer.

The continuous steam really is fantastic, a huge selling point. It takes about 4 minutes to warm up from powering on, then you are good to go no matter how many times you have to plug in as you move around the house. From initial plug in it never stops to reheat so you can just get on with your work. In fact, this feature is so good, I've taken it for granted. Most other steam cleaners have re-heat wait time which just slows you down.

But, there are some things to consider. For the money, I'd expect there to be better on board storage, with a retractable power lead and a place to secure the hose. It also drips quite a bit on the first few trigger pulls, but the terry cloths supplied seem to soak that up so you're not left with dripping surfaces.

It's not the best made product. I've had mine just shy of a year, use it once a week to clean a semi-detached house and already I've had to replace the nozzle and there's a crack on the trigger.

The cloth that covers the smaller cleaning head is my favourite as it's a generous fit, covers well, (looks like a tapered glove) and is great for cleaning most surfaces. And you don't need to fiddle to get it on. Attaching the floor cleaning cloth though is not fun, takes ages and by the time I'm half way through cleaning the floors it needs securing again.

Overall I'm a little in love with my Karcher steam cleaner. So four stars with one knocked off for design flaws.
on 11 March 2014
Got this as we have just moved into a house that is very dirty (smoker/cats). It is excellent for cleaning the walls, floors and getting the grease of surfaces. It is particularly good at removing the nicotine and stains off the wallpaper, and getting the grease off the kitchen appliances. We can't quite keep up with the need to wash the cloths, so some additional cloths would be useful if tackling a big job (one/two cloths per wall). The small brush attachment is good for tackling very greasy corners; however, it is very difficult to clean itself once it gets clogged up. Be warned - it will take the varnish off wooden surfaces if used too enthusiastically. The machine is very easy to use, quick to get going and can be used continuously without having to wait for refills. It is a little inconvenient to store between sessions, with nowhere for the cord or hose to go/hang. Very glad we got it, and I suspect that no other machine would perform any better for cleaning.
on 27 December 2013
it is so easy to use not to heavy to lift. You can refill the water canister at anytime no need for it to cool down or reduce pressure.

It has a swivel wheel at the front which makes it easy to move around. I have used it on tiled floors and cleaned the cooker (with the attachments) had excellent results, so would definitely recommend it.
on 19 April 2014
This steam cleaner is expensive but the quality, performance and build , justify the additional cost - go for the best! I have had cheaper steam cleaners and this one is without compare- if you can afford it, this is the one to buy.
on 12 October 2013
This piece of kit is worth it's weight in gold! I run a cleaning company & specialise in OCD Contact Contamination, Mental Contamination amongst other wonderfully weird conditions I come across.
Adding this product to my knowledge of dust, bacterial transfer, particles, and Anatomy & physiology etc etc, I am now able to make this machine dance to suits all my clients.
The temperature and continuous steam allows me to totally rid dirt from any surface, creating a perfectly sterile area & improvement to that immediate atmosphere. This bit of kit has helped my Asthma client breath easier too...
The jobs I undertake are very unusual and steam cleaning the entire toilet..... Is second nature to me but I can confidently say there is no other steamer that delivers the same result ... Shower cubicles & urinals on a industrial level are a major challenge but this machine is capable of delivering the temperature & continuous steam. if you have the correct attachments & stamina to tackle any job any size this machine will fully compliment your efforts!
I would not be able to deliver the service I do without this product... Just wish the nylon bristles wasn't so expensive as I go through so many!
Over all highly recommended does what it says on the packaging & has a fantastic steam flow ....