5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome action movie
Love this film; great special effects and fight scenes a bit of humour and buckets of ninjas!
I've been into G.I. Joe since I was a kid and it was called "Action Force" in the UK and the films really build on the nostalgia with a healthy dose of action movie goodness.
Definitely succeeds on its own terms though don't expect much in the way of deep...
Published 10 months ago by A. Robinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Read before you buy - for your enjoyments sake!
If your reading this then you might just have made a lucky escape, why the drama you ask it's just this don't buy this version of the movie. In all honesty you need to get the Blue-ray extended addition, "Why?" because this version is a chopped up or chopped out hatchet job. I was lucky enough to see the Extended version first at my friends house not knowing that what it...
Published 10 months ago by Patrick Bodenham

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Back with a bang!, 28 May 2013
This review is from: G.I. Joe: Retaliation [DVD] (DVD)
If you're looking for an action blockbuster to watch at home this summer, look no further than this! Explosions, ninjas, girls, The Rock, tanks, even Bruce Willis - they're all here and the combination makes for a really entertaining film. This will appeal to original fans of the GI Joe comics and also a whole new generation of 'Joes' - 5/5!

4.0 out of 5 stars Been hoping this film would get made for ages., 11 July 2013
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: G.I. Joe: Retaliation (Extended Action Cut) [Blu-ray] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
G.I. Joe Retaliation is a film I've been waiting for and hoping would come about after being blown away by the first instalment of this saga. The first film, for me, is a 5 star film - and part 2 is almost just as good.

Almost as good, but not quite. Still - don't let that put you off. It's still packed full of action and the story is still exciting - though not quite as original as that of the first; it does at least pick up where the first film ended though.

There are some spectacular action sequences and the film looks great throughout. The first filmed bombed, which is a real shame because it was brilliant, so I'm just glad someone somewhere had faith in the franchise and - even though we had to wait awhile - gave the go-ahead for part 2.

Once again, it leaves the door open for another film, so let's hope there's another G.I. Joe film to come.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lots of pointless shooting little else, 2 Aug 2013
A. Murphy (Dorset, England England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: G.I. Joe: Retaliation [DVD] (DVD)
Starts off with a unexplained attack on a N. Korean guard camp with little guards. Then jumps into another series of shootings then another and another. If you like lots of pretend guns firing with plastic characters and zero story you will love this. Thank goodness for the off button.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
enjoy the escapism

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome punchy bass, 30 Jun 2014
Absolutely worked really well in 3d. Awesome! Visuals stunning, sound is pounding, 3d flies out at you in places. Nearly had several flying stars in my forehead. Was ducking in my seat, really funny at the time. Got several sub woofers fitted to my 4d cinema and when Bruce willis fired his automatic weapon from the back of the moving vehicle, I felt like I was right there. The 4th D in my cinema being an tactile transducer fitted to my cinema chair to turn sound waves from the film into thumping vibrations through my chair. Each powerful gunshot is felt right through your body and adds an fantastic dimension to this film. Will be watching again and probably be ducking for more throwing stars. Brilliant!

4.0 out of 5 stars G.I. JOE-RETALIATION: GREAT SCI-FI ACTION FLICK, CAST, AND SPECIAL EFFECTS, 24 Jun 2014
RBSProds "rbsprods" (Deep in the heart of Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: G.I. Joe: Retaliation [DVD] (DVD)
Four ACTION-PACKED Stars! The 2nd edition of the G.I. Joe series of movies, following "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" is full of action, adventure, and GREAT special effects starring the G.I. Joe Elite Team of "Duke", "Road Block", "Lady Jaye", "Flint", "Snake Eyes", "Mouse", "Ship Wreck", and others, taking place after the Nanomite War. Terrorist leader "Cobra Commander" and "Destro" are already in captivity; "Storm Shadow" and "Zartan" are still at large. The story begins with the "Joe's" involved in a rescue at the North-South Korea DMZ and later during another mission they are ambushed, which sets the stage for an international conspiracy. The rest of the story is pure enjoyable, entertaining Sci-Fi fun, improbable scenarios, plot holes, lots of fights and explosions, while keeping the audience guessing who is on which side. But it also features one of the most marvelous swashbuckling ninja fight sequences at the 55 minute point at a mountain stronghold, away from the main `Joe' group, featuring amazing CGI, `wire' fu, great fight and stunt coordination, and breathtaking matte landscapes that rival the likes of the Matrix Reloaded and is definitely worth the price of admission for this 7 minute sequence alone. Great action, adventure fun in an expensive-looking movie. Starring Duane "The Rock" Johnson, Channing Tatum, Jonathan Pryce, Byung-Hun Lee, Adrianne Palicki, Elodie Yung, Luke Bracey, and Arnold Vesloo, with an extended cameo from Bruce Willis, it brought in $375 Million at the box office: with the preceding film bringing in $300M. Directed by Jon M. Chu. Four ENJOYABLE SCI-FI Stars! (Amazon Prime Video; Time-1:50)

4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!, 27 May 2014
This review is from: G.I. Joe: Retaliation [DVD] (DVD)
Cool, funny, actioned packed and simple popcorn entertainment. Does exactly what it says on the tin! An action movie with a simple plot, nice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 14 May 2014
This review is from: G.I. Joe: Retaliation [DVD] (DVD)
This is an incredible awesome movie
well worth watching. the action the comedy. awesome well worth it. a must have in any collection

5.0 out of 5 stars G.I. Joe; Retaliation (DVD), 4 April 2014
This review is from: G.I. Joe: Retaliation [DVD] (DVD)
Just as good as the first, better as it has Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson, saving the day and blowing things up like the first film. Action movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars is a good film recomend it, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: G.I. Joe: Retaliation [DVD] (DVD)
i choose it because i had saw clips of iti liked it cause it had lots of actiona realy good film

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›