5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome action movie
Love this film; great special effects and fight scenes a bit of humour and buckets of ninjas!
I've been into G.I. Joe since I was a kid and it was called "Action Force" in the UK and the films really build on the nostalgia with a healthy dose of action movie goodness.
Definitely succeeds on its own terms though don't expect much in the way of deep...
Published 19 months ago by A. Robinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Read before you buy - for your enjoyments sake!
If your reading this then you might just have made a lucky escape, why the drama you ask it's just this don't buy this version of the movie. In all honesty you need to get the Blue-ray extended addition, "Why?" because this version is a chopped up or chopped out hatchet job. I was lucky enough to see the Extended version first at my friends house not knowing that what it...
Published 20 months ago by Patrick Bodenham

‹ Previous | 110 11 1221 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars G.i.joe 3d, 31 Aug. 2013
Pretty good film but not as good as the first film in my opinion not the best 3d film i've seen but worth a watch

4.0 out of 5 stars Action, 31 Aug. 2013
This review is from: G.I. Joe: Retaliation [DVD] (DVD)
I compared this to the first one and was quite supprised that it was just as good, plenty of action from start to finish.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok nothing more just guilty pleasures., 26 Aug. 2013
arsenal (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: G.I. Joe: Retaliation (Extended Action Cut) [Blu-ray] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
Wonderful dumb action film. Hasbro and Hollywood have successfully created a franchise based on toy action figures that were introduced almost 50 years ago, now featuring all the guns, glory, and apocalyptic politics of the modern age but still couldn't create a better script. The film is better than the first but I wish it could do a lot more .

There are some spectacular action sequences and the film looks great throughout. The first filmed bombed, which is a real shame. it could have been brilliant, so I'm just glad someone somewhere had faith in the franchise and - even though we had to wait awhile - gave the go-ahead for part 2.

Once again, it leaves the door open for another film, so let's hope the next G.I. Joe film will more fulfilling with bit more brains to it and I would definitely want to see Gina Corano come back as ......the BARONESS. Its not the first time she played an eastern block Character. Plus she turning out a great actress too.

5.0 out of 5 stars the joes are back and better than ever, 16 Aug. 2013
I have been a gi joe fan all my life and after seeing the highly disappointing gi joe the rise of cobra my hopes were set pretty low when I went to see retaliation In the cinema. low and behold they finally got it right , a gi joe film fans can be proud of and to make it better its in glorious 3d. if you are a fan of gi joe then this is the fim for you , crazy plot crazy action sequences and fast paced fight scenes, this is just what the doctor ordered , mindless fun. Yo Joe .

5.0 out of 5 stars fast pace, 4 Aug. 2013
This review is from: G.I. Joe: Retaliation [DVD] (DVD)
Very fast paced film, lost of action all of the time. Good storyline .I had not seen earlier G I films but found this easy to follow. Great cast of actors, Bruce is my favourite that's why I got it.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!!, 1 Aug. 2013
This review is from: G.I. Joe: Retaliation [DVD] (DVD)
This film is really well produced. It has everything; the drama, the emotions, the combat and the weapons. It may only be 1h 46mins but in that time the legend comics of G.I. Joe become reality with a twist!!!! Love it.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Must see, 30 July 2013
This review is from: G.I. Joe: Retaliation [DVD] (DVD)
Fantastic movie, great action drama kept me on the edge of my seat and good value for money. Look forward to the next one

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Film, 29 July 2013
This review is from: G.I. Joe: Retaliation [DVD] (DVD)
I loved this Film I am very Glad that I got it very fast Delivery and in time to enjoy it on my weekend

4.0 out of 5 stars Improved sequel, 3 April 2013
Mr. R. W. Graham (Lincoln, U.K.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: G.I. Joe: Retaliation [DVD] (DVD)
G I Joe The Rise Of Cobra was hardly a classic film. Based on the popular action figures which turned into a popular comic and cartoon series back in the 80's the sequel Retaliation is a huge improvement over the mediocre first film. Most of the first film's cast which thankfully means no annoying Marlon Wayans or Sienna Miller but also means no Dennis Quaid and Christopher Eccleston is gone leaving only ninjas Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, a cameo only from Channing Tatum as Duke and Jonathan Pryce's bad guy now a fake President Of The United States and a recast Cobra Commander are all that's left from the first film. The film takes place 4 years after The Rise Of Cobra with a Cobra attack killing off most of the Joes and leaving only a handfull of survivors lead by Dwayne Johnson who vow revenge teaming up with the original Joe who started their elite team played by Bruce Willis. The film isn't big or clever or high art but is good dumb fun with good action scenes and decent performances. Fans of the cartoon and comics will love it as the film is pretty much a live action cartoon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Aug. 2014