Format: DVDChange

on 15 March 2013
I can honestly say nothing has captivated me so quickly as this film,within a few minutes I was hooked and couldn't take my eyes off the screen.There is next to no dialogue,the story is all told visually,and it tells it with style and breathtaking flair.All of the acts are amazing,and almost all seem to defy gravity,from the Wheel of Death,which has to be seen to be believed.To the silk acrobatics,which are an aerial ballet,and are graceful,beautiful and mesmerizing in equal measure.

If,like me,you have never seen the Cirque du Soleli,this film gives you the best possible seat in the house.The clever camera angles and slow motion ensures that you don't miss a thing,even so some sequences need to be watched more than once just to take everything in.These performers really are the best there is at what they do,and what they do is out of this world.The musical accompaniment creates drama and,in some places,an ethereal charm that suits the visuals perfectly.Personally I cant fault this film,its everything I could want,and more besides.
0Comment23 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 December 2013
Cique Du Solei - Mondi Lontani is a great 3D experience. This could be a great demo disc for anyone who is interested todays 3D technology. Also, the content is also entertaining and it is hard to get bored with Cirque Du Solei.
on 23 December 2015
I ordered this to see how it looked in 3D - and I was absolutely delighted! A must for your 3D DVD collection. Apart from the interesting story line , the acts are stunning, as is to be expected with Cirque du Soleil. It was nice to be able to view it close up. My only disappointment was in the special features on the second Blue Ray disc- it did not really go into detail about the way it was filmed. However, I am glad that Cameron did show the wires that were used to support the players in the most of the acts. Loved the quirky characters and costumes in the Beatles numbers.
I envisage showing this to a great many friends of all ages; who may have seen their staged performances, but never close up in 3D. Such a treat!
on 6 November 2015
It is advertised as region free, but it doesn't play at all on our blue ray player - allegedly due to compatibility issues. It seems it is not region free after all...
on 7 January 2016
Poor quality dvd. It kept distorting and stopping. The little bits I did see though were fantastic up to the usual standard of Cirque du Soleil. Unfortunately I bought two copies one for a gift but havnt heard yet if this was a dud too.
on 22 January 2016
GREAT Movie from .. Andrew Adamson .. presented by Paramount Pictures .. also .. Erica Linz .. & .. Igor Zaripov .. are very good in this movie .. I like it a lot ! ... till now .. this is the BEST movie of my life ...
on 6 December 2013
First 3D DVD for me on new TV.
I was not expecting it to be so good compared with cinema, but everyone who has seen it was very impressed.
on 30 November 2013
Perfection is the only word that I would use to describe this blu ray. I, like a great number of other people, have never had the opportunity to see this troupe live, so it is great to watch it on blu ray. The whole story from beginning to end is captivating and yes I did have a tear in my eye. If you have never seen any dvd by this group, then, buy the blu ray, turn on the surround sound and immerse yourself in a world of utter disbelief and be amazed at what the human body is capable of.
on 27 March 2014
It's hard to imagine how such a talented team can put this together. I've been to 2 live Cirque de Soleil performances which were stunning. An absolute feast for the eyes and ears. However add the creative genius of James Cameron and the whole effect is in some cases breathtaking. Different camera angles intensify the experience.
Whether you're a fan of Cirque or a first timer, I would definitely recommend this.
on 25 September 2014
Amazing, having seen Cirque du Soleil several times live, it was wonderful and spell bounding to see them on screen, will watch it time and time again,