Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 27 March 2014
Just about the worst Denzel Washington film ever. The film had little to nothing about airlines or pilots or anything else other than booze and drug addiction, and although I know it is a problem and that it is out there, I do not need it in my front room disguised as something else. Should have read the synopsis more carefully I suppose!!
on 4 December 2014
During a routine flight from Orlando to Atlanta, Whip Whitaker, played by Denzel Washington an airline pilot, battles with his plane after it develops a malfunction. Ultimately he is unable to gain back proper control, and his only alternative is to crash land. Due to his actions, he save the majority of his passengers, and ends up in hospital. He is hailed a hero, but after blood tests reveal alcohol and drugs in his bloodstream, he is told he could face criminal charges.

Denzel Washington plays a brilliant part as ever. The theme of this film may suggest a depressing movie, but it's certainly not. The acting is superb. The storyline, although done before, is immersive, and the film will keep you watching till the last frame. This movie was shot on HD video as opposed to film. This film shows that when done right, as this was, HD video can look as good as film.

Picture Quality is outstanding, with a pin sharp image. Colours are natural. This blu ray release was transferred in it's original aspect ratio of 2.35:1, and the sound is in 5.1

Recommended.
on 12 January 2014
The first 20 minutes of this film is gripping as we see Denzel fight to control a plane that has had a mechanical failure. The last 20 minutes are good as he has to account for himself being drunk in charge of a plane but by then i was so bored i didn't really care what happened to him. Thats it. The rest in between is just boring filler. I found myself fast forwarding it as nothing was happening what so ever. It's basically Denzel lounging about getting high and drinking.He is also 59 but we see him sleeping with several women who look like they are in their twenties and we are supposed to accept this as believeable. It was laughable. When will Hollywood stop doing this? We never see women at 60 sleeping with lots of young men portrayed as normal behaviour. John Goodman is also completely miscast as a laid back drug dealing " fixer". When he appears the film feels like its going to turn into a comedy. Ridiculous. I would give this one star if it wasnt for the first 20 minutes which is gripping and similar to the plane crash in Castaway with its realism.
on 23 June 2015
Disappointed. Too much story about pilots personal troubles and not enough story line with the plane and crash.
on 20 May 2015
This is a great film, with an interesting take on the life of a pilot! Came well packaged, delivered quickly
on 3 January 2015
I have become a big fan of Denzel Washington after seeing this movie. He is just brilliant. Awesome movie.
on 9 April 2014
Really like this film - Denzel plays the not so good guy for a change - makes a change and it is gripping!
on 13 July 2015
Loved the film, the tragic irony of the star character and most of all the realistic ending to the story.
on 10 May 2015
Denzel is usually good, but I did not like this one as much as his other stuff. I prefer him as a goodie!
on 21 August 2014
I've resisting buying this for some time, but it wasn't what I was expecting. It was better. Great story.