5.0 out of 5 stars A convert, 26 Feb. 2014
I was a bit sceptical about this - I didn't believe it would be 'hardcore' enough to make a difference. I used to have sports massage for knots and tightness (especially in my upper back), and didn't think this could replicate that effect.

What I have found is that the roller helps prevent you from getting knots in the first place. I use it for about 5 minutes after strength training (on the muscle groups I've worked), and have found it makes a big different to delayed onset muscle soreness and tightness. My body isn't generally very good at clearing away lactic acid on its own, and the rolling seems to help flush it out after a workout.

You can find lots of examples of how to target different muscle groups online. The roller is also fantastic for opening up your upper back (sit or lie down, position the roller under your shoulderblades and recline - ahhhh!)

You would still need some massage balls (or similar) for trigger point work if you do get knots, however I wouldn't be without this now, as a preventative aid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, does the job!, 3 Sept. 2013
I have had problem after problem with tight muscles, especially in my back, IT band and calf muscles. This foam roller really gets to the trigger points and releases the muscle tension. Definitely worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice peice of kit, 27 Feb. 2014
After a workout lie face up on this and roll it up and down and it feels just like a full back massage, i also do a neck massage exercise with it. BLISS!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really, 26 Feb. 2014
Just got this and so far its been good .its helped my lower back .This product is really good for your muscles

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 15 Mar. 2013
I first bought a white foam roller as I hadn't used one before so didn't want to spend alot of cash. I did end up using although it quickly gave up the ghost and the middle section was practically flat after maybe a month.
I ummed and ahhed about this one as it was expensive but I'm glad I did now. Very sturdy and feels like it will last. Not too hard and not too soft. If you're serious about training and staying healthy I'd say this is an important bit of kit along with regular stretching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing self massage, pops the knots, 23 Sept. 2014
I work out 3 times a week (most of the time) and I always find that however much stretching I do it does not release all the aches from my muscles. This roller does the trick. They also help for releasing stress and tension without having to go to a masseuse. They do wonders for me. They are better than other rollers as the grooves are designed to replicate knuckles so when you roll on it you are giving yourself a really good massage. I totally recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for gym users, 25 Jan. 2015
I've been weight lifting for nearly 9 years now and have found that my body always took a few days to recover from a strenuous workout, particularly if I finished up with a long cardio session. My recovery improved once I started taking an intra workout, but this didn't recover me fully, so after seeing so many positive reviews I gave this roller a go.

I can without hesitation say that since using this I have had no issues with recovery whatsoever. Particuarly on leg days this has been a revelation. I've nearly always experienced DOMS after leg day, but my legs now feel back to normal after a good nights sleep after using this.

The price may put a lot of people off, but I believe it pays for itself within half a year especially if you pay for a sports massage. Furthermore, the quality is a level above any cheaper roller I've seen and looks like it should last me a long, long, time.

If you do any sort of intense exercise (or even moderate exercise which leaves you feeling a little sore) this roller is a god send.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does a great job, 21 Mar. 2014
I already have a knobbled trigger point roller which was great for targeting specific points however it stretch the whole muslce. This roller is excellent for stretching right across the breadth of the muscle an i use it regularly to ease my hamstrings and quadsafter a session in the gym.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every Penny, 5 Feb. 2014
Great bit of kit and cheaper than physio because you don't do the basics at home. Would recommend, more robust than some cheaper rollers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Oct. 2014
Best roller I have ever bought, expensive but durable and lasts! Unlike other cheep copied brands

Trigger Point Performance Grid V2 Foam Massage Roller