5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase
Published 19 months ago by lemsip

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit late-2013 rMBP 13 inch properly
Published 1 month ago by Dean Irwin

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 20 Jan 2013
This is my first Speck product and i have to say the quality, look and feel of this cover is excellent! Had the cover fitted in about 20 seconds with no issues what so ever. The cover looks very smart with the apple logo shining through the top cover, And there are rubber feet on the bottom cover to save scratches etc. The clips on the cover are very sturdy but also very subtle. I looked at quite a few snap on covers online and in store at my local Apple store and was recommended this model for my retina Macbook Pro, haven't looked back and would definitely buy Speck products for my Mac in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Speck Products Fan, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: Speck SeeThru Satin Hard Shell Case Cover for 13 inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display - Black (Personal Computers)
I have been a bid fan of Speck Products since my first case a little over 3 years ago.

This is another good quality product from Speck.

Yes it is a bit expensive for essentially a couple of bits of plastic, but when you look at the cost of the laptop it will be protecting, it isn't really all that high.

Some reviews have said that small specks of dust can get between the case and the laptop and cause some minor scratching. Yes that is true, but as long as you are careful this shouldn't be an issue. I have Speck cases on 3 other laptops and have not found any scratches caused by dust on any of them.

Just make sure you clean both the inside of the case and the body of the laptop with a lint free cloth before putting it on the laptop. Although I very rarely remove the Speck cases from any of our laptops, you could always periodically remove the case and clean (if you feel you are working in a dusty environment).

Still a highly recommended product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case, 14 Nov 2013
I cannot fault this item. If you are looking for a protection case for your macbook that fits perfectly and looks great this is for you! Don't go for the cheaper options, you are paying for quality here and this will last!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit....., 6 Feb 2014
I have been looking a cheapish case for ages for my macbook pro retina.... and i stumbled across this case. I had a look online and found that in the apple store it was selling for 45, so not even is this product cheaper on amazon i think this is best brand to get for apple macbook, its a perfect snug fit and does not wabble or move around at all, lovely texture feel also. 5 stars in my book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the cover, 4 Feb 2014
This cover makes MacBook Pro Retina look really cool.
It gives to MacBook soft and silky touch.
If you want to protect your MacBook You should get this cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great MacBook Pro case, 3 Feb 2014
Great case the best MacBook Pro case I have ever bought matt feeling is great and also it doesn't get scratches easily

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfectly, 8 Dec 2013
Nice case, fits perfecty, but be careful if you buy, for exemple, a sleeve carrying bag case, because on some of them the laptop with the speck case does not fits inside. Beside that, great product and high quality

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit late-2013 rMBP 13 inch properly, 17 July 2014
Dean Irwin "Beason" (Belfast) - See all my reviews
I bought this case for my new macbook pro 13" retina display, and quite simply it doesn't fit as snug as I would like. I have the late 2013 model which is a mm thinner than 2012 13" retina model. It appears that Speck only make one case for both models, I found that the cover on the bottom is actually slightly loose and moves a tiny bit when lifted using the base. I believe that over time and continued use this would eventually scratch the macbook which eliminates the point of having hard case in the first place.

It's not all bad as I find the build quality to be good and it does look very aesthetically pleasing with a nice look and rubberised feel. If it was for another model I would probably recommend this but if you have the late 2013 rMBP I would advise against it. I've also done a bit of research and it seems none of the manufacturers make a hard case that caters specifically for this latest model, just a generic 13" rMBP. Maybe I'm just too fussy but I'll be purchasing a nice sleeve for transport and when using the macbook I shall be showing it off in all it's glory.

1.0 out of 5 stars After 3rd version with same failure point I changed back to Black..., 14 Mar 2014
I've used a Speck case on my 15" MBP since buying the current model in 2010.
The first one (black version) lasted really well until 2013 with no problems, then a couple of the plastic tabs holding the bottom of the case to the keyboard area cracked.

I decided on Purple to replace it. Wish I hadn't now had 3 of these, each one cracked and failed around the power (magsafe) port. May have been a bad batch but seems odd to me to have so many failures in exactly the same spot.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy, it will ruin your mac book, 24 May 2014
I brought one of these cases based on the good reviews it had got from varies websites. I went to take of the case to clean it, to my horror i discovered it has scratch and marked the aluminium body of my mac. Absolutely gutted, if you value your mac buy a good carrier or a tight soft case that you can guarantee will not scratch it!!