4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but sizing perhaps slightly off.
The corset is very pretty, really reminiscent of real Victorian corsets - which was why I bought it. I the smallest size they were offering (10, I think) was in the sizing guide as fitting my measurements, but it is loose - I'll have to wear something a little baggy underneath to get it to feel snug, as I think even a fashion corset should.

Obviously don't be...
Published 22 months ago by B.R.G

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but wonky
Published 11 months ago by em84

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but sizing perhaps slightly off., 3 Oct 2012

Obviously don't be fooled by the fact it says 'victorian' - its nothing more that a fashion corset, you're not going to get much waist reduction at all from it as the boning is flimsy steel, although the fabrics are very Victorian style.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but wonky, 20 Sep 2013
I like the design, it is very pretty and is comfortable to wear. You get what you pay for with this one. I'm using it as part of a Halloween costume so the fact that the eyelets don't quite line up properly and the stitching is slightly askew isn't too much of an issue. I ordered a size up from what I usually would order. I have a 33 and half inch waist and heavy up top. There was a lot of space up top but less at the bottom.

It's laced with a ribbon and only in one direction. I'll be replacing that with two laces for a more secure and more flattering fit. There is no modesty panel, this isn't an issue as I've bought a size up but just be aware of that if you order it.Also The boning in the corset doesn't feel quite right.

For the price it is nice and functional, just don't expect the 5 stars form some of the other reviews. If I wasn't going to cover it in fake blood then I'd probably send it back.

Hope this helps.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tricky to put on, 16 Sep 2013
This is very tricky to put on. I had to lace first then hook up the front, then get a friend to tighten the back. I must have put on weight since last week because this was a size too small. The worst part is the front hooks. You do one up, but that comes undone when you do the next one up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 20 Oct 2012
Mrs "Rumour" (Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Bought this for a Gothic Romantic fancy dress, and it was perfect. Looked lovely on. I did have some difficulty getting the front fastenings done up (not lined up perfectly) but I think at this price it was acceptable. Got lots of compliments!5

5.0 out of 5 stars Gobsmacked, 22 July 2014
Lisa (London, England) - See all my reviews
Honestly, for the price I didn't have high expectations, but it fits beautifully and looks lovely - the only thing I may change is the ribbon, but that is out of personal taste not a comment on the top

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 13 July 2014
This is a gorgeous top, BUT it's spoiled by the row of silver catches up the front. What a shame

1.0 out of 5 stars crap.., 8 July 2014
dont buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
beutiful corset for my grandaughter she loves it

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, What I Wanted, 29 Jun 2014
Arrived quickly, gorgeous corset, comfortable but will need to purchase extra ribbon as there isn't enough supplied due to size

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty and great fun, 22 April 2014
This was purchases for a Victorian fancy dress party..just what I wanted, no grumbles at all, was surprised at standard of product for the price..excelant!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›