4.0 out of 5 stars Different approach to securing a new job, 20 Jan. 2013
Getting a job these days is almost a full time job in itself. Jackie covers how to achieve this in good depth with lots of excellent practical tips and case studies. The book is very different from most career books, as Jackie takes a very different approach to securing a job, focusing on language, mindset and behaviors, which are all key to a successful outcome. Don't worry if NLP is new to you as the way the book is written makes this fairly easy to understand the perspective and benefits of her advice.
If you are looking at jobs in the private sector, this is an excellent alternative book to the usual ones, especially when looking at how to win interviews. My only reservation is if you are looking at public sector roles as the process is totally different.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent, practical read that gets results., 28 Feb. 2014
I found this book really useful in preparing for an interview. I work in HR and have a pretty decent grasp of how these things should work, but it was still useful to follow Jackie's advice which is clearly based on lots of real life experience. You can dip in and out of the book and choose the chapters and/or exercises that suit you and your situation. I focussed mainly on preparing answers to questions, researching the organisation and enhancing my performance in the interview and presentation. But I can see how for someone just starting out with their job search, or even wondering what the right career is for them, the book would also be useful.

I got the job and one of the interviewers commented that I was a perfect cultural fit for the organisation, which in part is down to the rapport I created using NLP.

5.0 out of 5 stars A practical book packed full of helpful hints and tips on getting a job, 12 April 2013
I found the book very practical and packed full of helpful hints and tips on getting a job. It really does go through the whole process which is very effective. The book is relevant and helpful for people at all levels who are looking to get a new job.

The layout of the book is good and I particularly liked the stories and examples which really bought it all alive and made it very real. I could easily relate to them and make connections to myself
I have personally recommended the book to many of my clients and people that I know who are going for a job!

A good book , easy to read, in a nice layout, very practical and really useful. It is a must read if you are going for that new role!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wise words for anyone between jobs, 2 Jan. 2013
Ms. J. S. Rees "Judy Rees" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Job hunting can be a lonely and depressing time in anyone's life. But with the help of Jackie Arnold's wise words, it doesn't have to be. This book is packed with straightforward exercises that will shift your focus, energise your search and empower you in interviews - in ways which work perfectly for you. I wish I'd had this book when I was last between jobs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get that job with NLP, 2 Jan. 2013
I like the practical approach of this book to help people find the right path into finding the job that they will want for the future. I intend to include this book in my coaching programme as it will work in a complementary way with my career coaching. Excellent book, well written and will be ideal to support people make the right decisions for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 27 Jan. 2013
This is an excellent book to take you right through the process of securing a job from beginning to end. From finding the right career path for you, getting noticed and surviving an interview - Jackie Arnold's book approaches it with useful tips, case studies and advice. Whether you are new at interviews or a pro taking time out to reflect and think about what you are trying to achieve with this book will ensure success. A really good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars NLP and Clean Language are Great Tools for Job Hunters, 4 Jan. 2013
Jackie Arnold takes the ideas and tools that NLP and Clean Language have to offer and applies them to the challenge of getting a job. These are great tools if you are looking for a job and this book will give you the kind of guidance that's not available in a regular job-hunting guide.

Get That Job with NLP: Teach Yourself