on 8 February 2013
Like the UK Road Atlas, this is an electronic version of a paper map. It's nice and clear and the search function by postcode .seems accurate. Altogether a very handy offline reference for those who know how to read a map. BUT, it would help if Tube stations were clearly indicated with and named with the usual roundel. Apart from regular drivers and the insane, the majority of people going to Central London use public transport.
I wonder too if a future upgrade might be extended to include Greater London, like most of the paper streetmaps.
But overall a good bit of kit.
on 18 April 2013
I recently got a Kindle Fire and decided an inner London map was just what I needed and this one turned out to be a pretty good choice. It actually covers a fair swathe of London and goes out a lot further than the ones that can be purchased for the use of tourists and the like who are of course most interested in the really inner bits where museums and stuff like tyhat are mostly located. As I live in London that was not why I wanted it so as I said this is great. Easy enough to use, just enter the street name in the search bit and it zooms in on the buit of the map you need. If I have any quibbles I would say it does not show all the smaller roads which would be found in printed map books and the underground stations are not as clearly marked as they are on the printed books but they are still easy enough to see and as long as you dont need those small roads and alleys it is great.
on 15 September 2013
. . . and I do mean basic. Okay for tourists but I need detail, for example it displays were a Tube station is, but it does not give the name of the station. Best pick up a copy of a London A-Z paperback.
on 25 April 2013
I regret buying this app, it's slow and you cannot search for attractions or names of galleries etc
it will only take post codes and street names. Forget searching for Buckingham Palace!!
on 7 October 2013
It is a reasonable map of London. By pressing a enlargement icon it was able to elect the area enlarged. It is not something that I would choose to take to London.
on 12 October 2013
Useful to have this map at hand on a Kindle, but the degree of detail and magnification could be improved. You are probably better off with an A to Z paper map!
on 10 June 2013
Street or road names which are correct have been rejected "as no such name ? This product is not helpfully at all its useless.
on 18 August 2013
It is very handy to have this app on my Kindle - I'm sure I'll use it a lot but would have liked one more level of magnification
on 10 May 2014
Very useful app to have, easy to use and navigate, would recommend if visiting the big smoke. Can't get lost with this app
on 26 November 2014
Found this Atlas of LOndon Street Maps total rubbish do not bother buying complete waste of money!!