5.0 out of 5 stars I should have worn a balaclava..., 23 May 2014
This review is from: Nikon 1 S1 Compact System Camera - Black (10.1MP with 11-27.5mm Lens Kit) 3 inch LCD (Electronics)
I'll keep this short and sweet.

I stumbled across this little gem of a camera when in PC World, it was the last one in stock so it was going for a steal. I got the camera and two lenses (11-27.5mm and 30-110mm) for less than 190. Like I said, I should have worn a balaclava...

Having used a DSLR for sometime I was looking for a walk around camera rather than lugging all my heavy gear everywhere. It's not the most advanced camera on the market but it easily out performs any point and shoot or camera phone.

The image quality is great in good light but slightly grainy in poor conditions. The battery seems to last an age even when you are using the screen all the time. Controls take a bit of getting used to if you are used to having everything on hand with a DSLR but once you get the hang of it, it's quite intuitive. The screen is lovely and bright and once you've set it up correctly shows all the information you are ever likely to need.

The lack of Wi-fi and GPS doesn't bother me as they tend to chew up the battery on other models. Besides if you know where you are in the first place it's easy to add in location data through Lightroom/PSE when you upload to your computer.

To sum up: as an enthusiast photographer I find it a great day to day camera that can produce some great photos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter absolutely loves it, 27 Nov 2013
Mme Sharon Green "Sharon" (France) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my 18 year old daughter after she had seen a tv advert for it.
She loves all the functions to edit and change the type of photo.
Need to read the instruction book though.