5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Blu Ray Player
Published 7 months ago by J. R. Tripathy

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MAC
Despite the product description, this item is NOT compatible with Mac. More exactly, the hardware is compatible but not the software. You can plug in the player but you can't install the software and, if you enter a blu-ray disc, your Mac won't recognise it. In order to use the Samsung player, I found I had to download the MacGo Mac Blu-Ray Player at an additional cost of...
Published 6 months ago by Doug

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Blu Ray Player, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: Samsung Slim Retail External 3D Blu Ray - White (Personal Computers)
I wanted to buy this, as i have a blu ray box set that is region locked. Installed the software that came with it and worked fine. The cyberlink power dvd 10 player is a nice player that plays blu ray and dvds. I googleed region free software for the player and now i can set the region of the player as many times as i want. Its great for those looking for a easy region free player :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Sep 2013
Does everything I ask it to! If only everything in life was this good! Used with iMac (10.6.8).
No hesitation recommending.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly out of the box on both Mac and Windows for me, 3 May 2014
N. Brown - See all my reviews
Have used this for watching and ripping backups of BluRay and DVD discs, as well as to install Windows on a Mac, and it worked perfectly. It is slightly noisy when copying large amounts of data, as some reviewers noted, but it's certainly not enough to distract from watching a movie unless you put the drive right by your earhole. The noise might be annoying to a sleeping partner if you're using it to watch movies in bed or something though. The light didn't seem too bright to me, although another reviewer found it irritating. I have a WD hard drive that is far brighter and extremely annoying, so I suppose it's all relative.

The white version is cheaper, and while I thought it would look tacky, it's surprisingly nice looking and solidly made, even if it is only plastic. It's also lighter than some drives with metal cases, so would be easy to carry around. I would recommend this machine highly to anyone, and Mac users should be happy to know that it works fine with free BluRay player software you can find online. Far better value than Apple's Superdrives too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 18 Dec 2013
Mr. Sh Watson "DnB DJ" (Surrey & Herts, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this for use with a Mac OS - looked at various options of different prices, quality was worried about software etc. but if you own a mac all you do is plug it in and off you go - There's two bits of free software Mac Blu Ray Player and Make MKV which are perfect for all uses of the samsung!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does What It Says, 5 July 2014
D. Griffiths (Europe) - See all my reviews
Neat little unitd does everything you expect.
My only moan is that for ripping purposes it is liminted to 2X speed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I could have hoped for., 12 Jun 2014
Reads and writes everything, no issues with writing BD-R discs thus far. Very slim, very quiet and only needs single USB2 port. Very good value for money too. Perfection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 16 Feb 2014
Slightly larger than I expected. Works perfectly. Need third party software to watch 3D bluray discs. I wish I had gone for the black one instead of white although it looks quite good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivered fast and does what it said on the box, 25 Jun 2014
Delivered fast and does what it said on the box. Great price, bought this to playback Blueray disks on a Macmini and it works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars did what it said on the tin, 9 Jun 2014
We have been looking for a Blu-ray recorder for some time in order to do justice to the footage in HD on our HDD Camcorder. The price looked good and when it was received it was simplicity itself to get it up and running. Good value for money and we are sure that it will be a most useful tool

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 10 May 2014
Originally was going to get an Apple Superdrive for my iMac / MacBook as neither have any Media device, but decided to go for this one instead as clearly has the benefit of Blu-Ray capability (something I can't see Apple ever officially supporting).

I went for the White one, as opposed to the Black one and I'm glad I did. It sits nicely on the desktop and compliments the style and sleekness of the iMac perfectly.

I bought it with the intention of ripping lots of my most watched DVDs/Blu-Rays to M4V/MP4 so that I can add them to my iTunes library for streaming to my AppleTV3. It has worked a charm with everything I've thrown at it. Doesn't take too long to rip a Blu-Ray (on average say around half an hour) and less for a DVD / CD. It's fairly quiet in operation, but it's not something you will be running 24/7 so shouldn't be an issue for most users. I've not yet tried the Disc Burning side of things as I've not had any need to.

Overall, very happy with it and glad I chose this over the Superdrive. Does far more, for far less!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›