Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 28 October 2013
Brilliant absolutely brilliant.

I would class myself as a casual to moderate gamer. But with the proviso that I have very little budget for a new PC. My old machine was a dual E2220 with 4gb ram and 9500gt 1gb video. I know I know piece of c**p. However it just about managed to run most of the games I play in all graphic settings turned off and everything on low.
(I play Crysis 2, The adventures of Van Helsin, Call of Duty black ops 2, Planetside 2, diablo 3). So the games are not that old but the hardware is.

When my PSU died on my old pc. I bought this motherboard coupled with the Celeron GI610 processor (£32), 4gb 1600mhz Kingston ram (£37), dragon slayer mATX case (£53), Gainward gtx 260 graphics card (£31 from EBay). I already had an SSD plus other storage.

I can now confidently single player and multiplayer with the above games play all of them in very high graphics settings. I can play Crysis to in Ultra with everything turned on but in large battles it does struggle a little bit. Plus the fast boot an monitoring utilities with this motherboard are excellent.

So in all I have a gaming PC that can run nearly all of today's games in high or very high res for £153 if you add £60-£65 for a 120gb ssd. You have a gaming system for around £200.

Thanks for reading my review
on 10 December 2013
This board is perfect for an ultra small gaming system. I was going to drop close to 1k on a gaming laptop when i just decided i couldn't do with the expense so started looking at an ultra small, no compromise gaming rig instead that i could put in hand luggage (minus PSU).

True, ASRock do not shout from the roof tops about how small this board is and simply list it as a mini-atx. As another reviewer has mentioned its closer to the mini-dtx standard which i had not heard of until i searched for it.

Despite its diminutive size i dropped in one of the finest gaming (at the moment) cpus, the i5 3570k, 4gb RAM and a 1tb SSHD. This thing flies. Just need to upgrade the GPU (HD5850) and there will no game it cannot play. I was even suprised that the BIOS allows for a 10% overclock so basically have a quad core running at 3.7ghz by just selecting 10% overclock from a drop down menu !!

Also, if your interested in a small PSU suitable for gaming check out the silverstone ST45SF-G. Its a modular, quiet, 450 watt, small form factor PSU that even has 2 x 6 pin adapters for power hungry graphics cards.

Job done. Thanks ASRock
on 28 July 2013
The description of item was as accurate as it can be. Go for it! It's a great motherboard as I coupled it with an i5 3570k and works great.
on 6 July 2014
i thought it was what i wanted..i intended to build a small ht pc with a shoebox case..those that take atx power supplies-about £30..after i bought this board i was given a itx board and case..had i waited-i wouldn't have spent money on this but i made a gift of it to a friend who's delighted with it...and it was only £28 so no complaints..he says it works fine and hes a gamer/overclocker...and by the way-if anyones interested-this is described by asrock as a micro atx..if anyone cares to look on silverstone case maker website-its actually dtx..but i guess they dont know/havn't heard of/don't recognise that form factor in china...addition to review...still going strong as friends gamer pc with powerful graphic card...playing bf2 every night...
on 20 March 2013
This is a great little board. Fitted a Celeron G465 and fitted into a mini ITX case.It is classed as a mATX board but is really a Mini DTX size. Runs fast and no issues so far. Had to update the Bios to latest version as it wouldn't shut down properly. It was very easy to do in the UEFI Bios, once updated everything works great now.
55 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 June 2014
Arrived on time,the mother board is top quality and is very easy to put togeather with other computer parts,will order again and will tell my friends about this,many thanks for the very good service.
on 7 February 2016
Ordered this to put into my girlfriends pc build. Was only using one stick of ram at 4gb for 6 months. Last week tried to add another stick of ram and computer would not boot. Tried working ram stick on its own in other slot and had the same problem. Not happy as now i can not return and have a motherboard which i can not increase ram due to a broken slot. I know this review can not do the motherboard justice but something that is faulty annoys me. Works fine with one stick of ram and the bios is easy to use but i rated it down for being faulty. Motherboard works but only one ram slot works for me.
on 20 January 2016
Ordered this as part of my custom PC build. Took roughly a month to arrive from America and all seemed well at first. However, after building the PC, turns out the audio jacks had developed a fault and didn't output any sound. So i had to order Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter for Windows and Mac. Plug and play No drivers Needed. [Black] (AU-MMSA) to enable me to use my speakers. Other than that, all working well
on 20 June 2014
This is a good motherboard for the price and I love the utilities you can download for it, would definitely recommend for a small pc build and I play allot of games, shame it only has 4 SATA slots though. it also only has 1 fan connector so that's why ive given it a 4 star
on 24 March 2014
Great little Motherboard, Delivery was prompt and came as Advertised. It's just a PCI slot Shy of being an ITX board. I wonder if it can fit in an ITX case. None the less its a nice board and can support some serious Hardware and for this price its a freaking steal!