Format: Audio CDChange

on 12 July 2013
Great to listen to ! Another great album from a great artist who knows his stuff and what his fans want.
on 14 June 2013
The 1st single was very good but I feel as if the rest of the album pales a little. Some good tracks but overall, left wanting more.
0Comment2 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 August 2014
great
on 16 March 2013
First off, I have every Bowie album and I have been a fan ever since that Top Of The Pops show of Starman in July 1972. I`m saying that so you know where I`m coming from.
However this album while good is not as good as some are saying.I wonder if this album had come out in 2005 or 2006, two or three years after Reality, the reviews would be quite so gushing?
Yes it contains some great tracks but in my view also some not so great tracks too. I actually prefer Heathen and Reality as they are more tuneful. If Mike Garson had been playing then I think that could have made the difference. I hope he plays on the next album, (if of course there is going to be one).
As for the mastering, now that is a surprise.By todays ridiculous standards the mastering is a revelation, so well done to Bowie and the engineer for that.
All in all i`m over the moon that Bowie is back, but let`s not get carried away, this album is no second coming...Let`s hope the next one is though.

UPDATE
After more listens some of the tracks I thought were weaker have grown on me,but I got it wrong about the mastering. I initially thought it was good but now realise it is poor with limited dynamic range. There is also a muddy quality to the sound which may or may not be deliberate but also may be due to the loud mastering. According to the DR Database site the average dynamic range for the cd as a whole is 6db, with 4db minimum and 7db max....That is not good!
66 comments0 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 May 2013
enjoyed this album as much as others that came before. Some great tracks and some average. Highly recommended to Bowie lovers.
on 20 May 2013
as a child of the 70's Bowie was my hero back then. This album didn't disappoint and is highly recommended for any Bowie fans
on 13 March 2013
There are some real highs on the album, but quite a lot of filler, too. It seems sacrilegious to criticise Bowie, such an artist and innovator, but this doesn't seem to match his best albums. It's still worth its salt for the high points - but made me reach for the earlier, more off-the-wall and actually quite playful albums.
0Comment6 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 May 2013
Good cd not great as I said in the other revue you could have achieved much better you still are the greatest pop star
on 22 July 2013
this record is a top quality album with the bonus of a cd for the car. great price as well
on 19 July 2013
A great album from a great artist, Bowie back on form, play on loop in my car, reminds me of early work.