4.0 out of 5 stars Writing Down Your Soul
The method presented in Writing Down Your Soul is part journaling and part channeling. Essentially, you start off journaling. Not benign topics like the weather or your daily habits, more like dumping your truth onto the pages. All your frustration, all your deepest darkest secrets, and all your fears laid out without any reservations. Complete purging.

The key...
Published on 31 May 2010 by Tami Brady

2.0 out of 5 stars Some good concepts - very simplistic overall
The idea of starting to journal simply by writing to something (your deepest self, god etc)and using questions and answers is a good one and some of the prompts later on in the book are good springboards to this. The bits about starting off - writing everything with no censorship, without worrying about mistakes are helpful but not new concepts.

I am afraid she...
Published on 26 Aug. 2011 by Dr. J. B. Weitz

4.0 out of 5 stars Writing Down Your Soul, 31 May 2010
Tami Brady "Integrated Whole Health" (Calgary, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

The key difference is that your writing is meant to be a conversation. A dialogue between you and God or your higher power (or whatever term you use to denote the sacred or divine). Yes, at first it is one sided, you spilling your guts. But after the emotion is spent, you begin to see answers and solutions.

It's so very easy to get caught up in our own dramas. We are so sure that our secrets are unforgivable so we hold them in but it's the denial that makes us sick. Writing Down Your Soul shows us a better way.

5.0 out of 5 stars WARNING:This book can change your life..............., 20 Aug. 2011
It is said that many books can "change your life" but this one really can. For those of you who know how a daily practice of writing can reveal your soul's purpose, quickly digest and absorb the wisdom within these pages so that you can access your own inner wisdom. It is an up-to-date equivalent of that other great book "The Artist's Way". I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who is stuck on any level in their life. Many thanks and blessings to Janet Conner for being the catalyst to my own inner journey and for bringing this book into being.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soul work, 24 July 2012
jane churcher (Gosport, Hants United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I wasn't sure what to expect when I followed up the recommendation to read Writing Down Your Soul; it has proved to be a well researched and informative book, I frequently found answers to questions I didn't realise I needed the answer - if you work on 'self improvement' this book will be a welcome addition to your library. Janet Conner has an approach which makes her written advice 'readable' and interesting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 29 July 2014
I've read quite a few books in this genre, all which have been very good but there was something about this book that a) really resonated and b) got me writing! I liked the facts and science to back up suggestions, it really felt like Janet had done her research, not just shared what worked for her though this was powerful in itself. The first few pages drew me in, her extraordinarily difficult story and how writing helped her through it made a big impact. She also deal with practical stuff that has often stopped me writing (worrying about other people reading your writing, how to keep it secure etc and also typing vs handwriting) that I haven't found written about before but which can be the key to writing or not writing. Highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Every Home Should Have One, 5 Feb. 2014
An extremely informative book, very well researched. Just anyone who wishes to get to know themselves better, find the purpose in their lives and make a deep, deep connection with their soul's wisdom should read this book. It is passionate, compassionate and pours out love where it might be difficult to find.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book!, 24 Jun. 2013
I just love this book and the whole concept of writing down your soul. It is remarkably easy to do. Already my life seems a bit less stressful and I am able to find ( be shown) solutions to problems that I dont think would have occurred to me had I not been writing. Give it a try! Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the tonic I needed, 23 July 2014
Interesting book about the benefits of soul writing and how it differed from journaling... I intend to revisit it time and time again as my craft develops...I don't think I can stop journaling now...it's as if my soul depends on it ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking book, 30 Sept. 2014
Janet obviously believes deeply in what she writes about, and I passed the idea onto someone else, who has also found it extremely helpful, so well done for writing it

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Mar. 2015
Whether you believe in your inner soul or God (of whatever kind) or just your subconscious, this book will help you gain access to its wisdom. Easy to read, easy to put into practise, with a thoroughly well-reasoned argument as to why your brain works best on journalling. Excellent.

2.0 out of 5 stars Some good concepts - very simplistic overall, 26 Aug. 2011

I am afraid she lost my ability to take her seriously when she started talking about water taking on different structures due to positive energy. Also the idea that real inner spiritual work is synonymous with asking for x thousand pounds and getting it delivered on a plate. Overall quite simplistic - would recommend reading Jung for anyone serious about the inner world.