5.0 out of 5 stars great christmas gift
Bought this for my mother's christmas, she loves it and uses it for recipes all the time and is planning a party on it :)
Published 5 months ago by Vera

3.0 out of 5 stars Where in the world are the pictures?
Published 5 months ago by ReshmiZulphay

3.0 out of 5 stars Where in the world are the pictures?, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Levant: Recipes and memories from the Middle East (Kindle Edition)
This book is packed with delicious recipes however there is not a picture in sight. I purchased this for approximately £9 to read on my Kindle Fire HD and I am disappointed. Although the recipes read fabulously, I have no idea what the end results should look like. Now, it's ok for those who are familiar with all types of Middle-Eastern cuisine.....but what about those who aren't?

I have rated this book three stars purely for the non existence of accompanying pictures. I feel that in this day and age, customers expect value for money, and no good cook book compromises. I am hoping that this review will be read by the author and publishing house....and it would be great if an update is provided for this book so that no-one else is left disappointed in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars great christmas gift, 7 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb., 24 July 2013
I love this book. It's not just a book of recipes, there is a lot of explanations of why the recipe is there, when, where etc.

My copy is already got mucky fingerprints over it, I've cooked a few things out of it (Lamb shank and Aubergine is recommended) and it was amazing.

There aren't any pictures to it but it doesn't need them. The book is split into sections and goes beyond starter, main, desert... It has at home, at the restaurant at the bakery etc. So give's a different way on selecting a meal.

Fantastic book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Andouillette?, 8 July 2013
Excellent culinary book built around childhood memories in the "Levant" (Syria, Lebanon, Turkey, Iran, Palestine and Jordan). The dish I would love to try is the Turkish andouillette (Kokoreç). Impossible to find in London or Paris). Crete is reputed to be the closest place to get them. In Greece one can also try Kokoretsi.