5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Laptop
16GB Version

This laptop is amazing for the price. The processor is fantastic.
Graphics card runs Battlefield 3 on High quality no problem.
1920x1080 screen resolution gives brilliant quality.
Superb Battery life.

Would recommend this laptop to anyone.
Published on 12 Mar. 2013 by Sean

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as spectacular as I expected
Not easy to initiate as I expected.Had problem with linking to my home wifi network and so on and so on. On line assisitance not great either
Published 22 months ago by John Inverness

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Laptop, 12 Mar. 2013
16GB Version

This laptop is amazing for the price. The processor is fantastic.
Graphics card runs Battlefield 3 on High quality no problem.
1920x1080 screen resolution gives brilliant quality.
Superb Battery life.

Would recommend this laptop to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars New Laptop, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Acer Aspire V3-771G 17.3 inch Laptop (Intel Core i7 3632QM, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Blu-ray, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Nvidia Graphics, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)
I needed a new laptop to learn a software product and my old desktop wasn't up to the task. The machine is equippedwith a magnificent hi-def panel and it boots up very fast indeed. So far I am very happy apart from the fact that it comes preloaded with Windows 8. I am one of the many that hate this o/s and I hope it's not long until Microsoft see sense and let us have a desktop environment again,

Mike L

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer Aspire V3-771G 17.3" i7 Laptop - 16Gb Ram - * * * * *, 22 April 2013
GPM (LEEDS, Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a superb laptop and an ideal Desktop replacement.
Fast and stable and an excellent screen. The fastest computer I have ever used and I've used many.
I can imagine that most typists will find the keyboard more than adequate but I learned to touch type on a split keyboard so am not really "qualified" to comment further on this.
My only slight quibble is with the shiny top which marks very easily and has to be cleaned regularly.
Yes! It has Win 8 loaded and yes! I'm replacing that with Win 7.
This is only because I have a spare copy and I will readily change back to Win 8 when a few of the (small) problems are resolved - probably with the next release/update. Win 8 is certainly not as bad as many make it out to be.
If this machine had a touch screen I would probaqbly have stayed with Win 8.
All in all this latop is an excellent purchase. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Would be 5 Stars Without Windows 8, 20 Feb. 2013
I Heart Books "Bookworm" (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This laptop is so ridiculously over-specced that you know it will still be good in a few years time when the rest are catching up. It is sturdy, has a great 17" screen and does not compromise on aesthetics. It has an excellent processor and memory capacity and the dedicated graphics card is a hit with me. I am not a very big gamer but I do have one or two memory-rich games that I play and the fact that the card has dedicated memory is just perfect.

The downfall for me was that this laptop came with Windows 8. I can see Microsoft is catering to the growing popularity of the touch screen market - but this is not a touchscreen laptop. Still, this was easily remedied. The Windows 7 disc was duly dusted off and - BAM - Operating System issue resolved.

At the price, this laptop delivers. It is a bit heavy, so will be cumbersome to lug around for the business traveller, but for what it packs in its mighty powerful punch, this can be forgiven.

An all-round excellent laptop (we can excuse the Windows 8 transgression...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Computer for wife, 3 Sept. 2013
I bought the Acer Aspire V3-771g 17.3 inch (Intel Core i7 3632om,8gb RAM 1TB HDD, Blu-ray, LAN,WLAN,BT Webcam, Nvidia Graphics, Windows 8
for my wife to replace a 10 year old desk top computer that had become dead slow on the internet.I wanted the laptop portable enough to take to any room she wants in the house, with large enough screen (17.3 inch) to watch without glasses, but not so portable to take out of the house,(wife in her 60s might forget she left it outside home, could be very expensive!). I found it very easy to set up and get running and boy its fast, no complaints there. I bought this powerful computer to future proof my wife's usage of this computer so it will still be fast enough for her for years to come. So for me a great buy. But now the down side which is not the computers or the sellers fault. Its the operating system windows 8
I started in the 90s with windows,95,98,Xp,Windows7,and the transition to each one has been fine, each better than the last, but not this time,
I have tried to persevere with it but I am now looking for an app that will make windows 8 like windows 7. (any suggestions out there) .
To conclude its a Great laptop very pleased. As for the Seller, I was astonished as to how quickly it arrived after ordering.
I ordered it on the Friday the 16th of August and it arrived on the Monday 20th of August, that's fast and I am sure I did not select any special fast posting, so very good. Since I have not had any problems with the computer I have had no need to contact the seller any reason other than this Review. Chris, From West Sussex

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - don't believe the naysayers on reviews of similar models!!, 6 July 2013
I read some reviews of this laptop after I had ordered it from a different supplier (with a bigger hard drive & 16Gb of RAM yet even cheaper than Amazon's price for this unit!).

Thinking about other criticisms and complaints I have read people making about the same model, but with lower specifications:

1. The unit has a good feel, is sturdy, not too weighty; it's plastic and the screen feels a little bendy if you open and close by holding the screen away from centre, but it's perfectly fine.

2. The keyboard is very good. It has much better, rigid plastic, keys - not those awful spongy rubbery ones! You get a nicely satisfying click when you press the keys and, being hard plastic, you know when you have pressed one. Laptops keyboards in recent years have never matched desktop keyboards and never will because of the space-saving nature of laptop keyboards, but this is certainly one of the better ones that I have used.

You also have the luxury (with the 17" model I have anyway) of a separate numeric keypad!

3. The mouse is a little fiddly but probably just needs a bit of familiarity and the settings changed. The main problem I have encountered in the first few hours of use (it only arrived this evening)is trying to use the scroll functionality at the right-hand side of the mouse. If you aren't in the specific (and seemingly narrow) section designated for scrolling the cursor just scrolls up or down the screen.

4. The speed is ok. My old Packard-Bell (a brand to avoid if ever there was one!!) had started taking 7-10 minutes to start up, with Windows 7, so anything is an improvement. This seems ok though. There is more of a lag when opening programs than I'd expect from a PC or laptop with quad-cores, 16GB RAM and so on, but this could be a hard-drive seek and read-time thing, not software of other, non-hard drive, hardware. Maybe I'm just overly demanding.

5. Start-up and initial set-up was good, if slow (one of the areas where I thought it seemed a bit 'laggy') but it has been smooth-running so far. Am as per having to re-set and re-install all of the software from my broken laptop, and hope the last backups I did just before my old laptop hard drives conked-out, but it's looking great so far.

6. Screen. This has a fully HD, 1080P screen which looks excellent both for normal PC use, and for Blu-Ray. Despite what others have said about similar models, and assuming these were not older models using different display panel technology, this screen has a great viewing angle range. Honestly, it is fine from a very good range of angles vertically and, again, far, FAR greater than my old Packard-Bell where you had to sit dead-centre and in exactly the right position, and even then the vision was rubbish.

7. Speakers and sound seem good so far, but not tested this out much as yet. Seems a little 'tinny' but, again, the volume output is good and I'm sure it's all about tuning it up and getting the settings correct.

8. Windows 8. Not about the hardware of the laptop itself, but so many people go on about it, and may be a buying consideration for some, but for me it has not been a difficult transition from Windows 7. There ARE some annoyances until you find out how Windows 8 actually works - the key things to remember are:

8.1 There IS a keyboard button to enable you to access (toggle between) the usual Windows Desktop layout as well as a Windows 8 tile to do this
8.2 Functions such as the Control Panel can easily be found by moving the mouse cursor into the top right-hand of screen, making a toolbar appear, then selecting 'Search' and typing in
Control Panel. You don't even have to type all of the words, as a search result appears that you just click on to select
8.3 If you scroll to the right of the Windows 8 tiles, there are more functionality tiles here for certain Windows / Control Panel items such as disk defragmenter or disk cleanup

It really, REALLY is NOT that bad, or as bad as people say. The dissenters are all those hillbillies & bumpkins who hate change or the usual tech numbskulls who love to kid themselves they are somehow 'tech savvy, yeah!', simply because they can turn on an Apple product and have it do everything for them.

Only the first few hours, but so far a great purchase. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars powerful laptop.all we need., 8 April 2013
very fast and appears well made. It has got good graphics.This laptop suits our needs for a desktop replacement PC

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as spectacular as I expected, 19 Sept. 2013