4.0 out of 5 stars A parent's nightmare
Terry was just a wild teenager but went off the rails and fell in with a bad crowd. Has happened to many kids. The real heroine is Terry's mother Pat who has pulled her out of the mess.
Published 16 months ago by David John Gray

Published 11 months ago by Kindle Ed.

2.0 out of 5 stars An manipulative version of 'the truth' and an insult to my intelligence, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Passport To Hell: How I Survived Sadistic Prison Guards and Hardened Criminals in Spain's Toughest Prisons (Kindle Edition)
I was extremely disappointed and insulted by this book. This author must think we readers are stupid if we believe this tale. An admitted drug user and alcohol abuser (who now says she is clean) who is trying to manipulate the truth and make money out of her story - and story is what I believe it is. She wants us to believe she was in the wrong place at the wrong time - not just once but several times. She put herself in those places with her behaviour and, if not actually 'guilty' she is certainly culpable. Her family have been amazing for her and how does she repay them? By taking more and more money off them and not being there when they needed her. Selfish!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother!, 7 Aug. 2014
I got this book imagining it would be similar to that of other innocents that have been incarcerated abroad, it's actually the story of a silly selfish woman who abused drugs and alcohol in the extreme. Not particularly interesting or thought provoking, certainly not worth the money!

4.0 out of 5 stars A parent's nightmare, 14 Feb. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put this down, 6 Feb. 2014
I found this book very interesting and would be a great lesson in what not to do to anyone thinking of trying something crazy! I found the writer to be very honest and open and my heart goes out to her, her strength for managing to cope with the immense pressure of what had happened and was hanging over her constantly is amazing, i feel so sorry for her that she was put in that situation by someone else and was so let down by the authorities. A great read though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this!, 20 July 2014
I enjoyed this book, I found it interesting to see what goes on abroad!
Very addictive once I started reading I wanted to know more.
Defo a 5 star rating!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant.., 6 July 2014
Fab book, read it whilst on holiday....if you have ever had addiction problems you will relate very well to Terry the author of this book and main character...fabulous courage and stamina...she didn't give in...someone to be respected, her downfall was so unfair...but she eventually conquers all ...Brilliant ...loved it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 25 Nov. 2013
This was the most boring book I have ever read. I just didn't relate to the author at all and could not believe she was really that naïve!. I expected the book to tell the story of the authors time in a Spanish prison however, it is almost an after thought. Feel like I wasted part of my life reading this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't find any empathy for this self centred person who ..., 16 Jan. 2015
Couldn't find any empathy for this self centred person who kept making these major life mistakes and mum and dad had to spend years bailing her out with time and money. They probably had more pain and anguish than she did.

5.0 out of 5 stars GRIPPING AND HARD HITTING., 30 Oct. 2013
This book should be read by any young person who has spent or is planning to spend any time working abroad. The dream can so easily turn into a nightmare, as the author found out. Terry has not written this in a way as for readers to feel sorry for her, the opposite is true. She never denies that she enjoyed the party and rave lifestyle of the day. Drugs and partying was a way of life for her, as it was for many, She admits that while she was living and working in Tenerife drugs were in abundance , and she took them. and so ,combined with the twenty four hour party lifestlye of the Island not much else mattered.. but she made one big mistake, and that was putting her trust in someone, and that trust was going to cost her dearly. It would nearly destroy her ... I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story, It is well written and gripping. I admire how after all she went through and all she lost, she came through it all and is now helping others . HIGHLY RECCOMENDED!

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, 26 April 2014
I gave up half way through this book I wish now I has read all of the previous comments before purchasing

I found the book to be slow and boring. I cannot believe that someone would have 2 prison sentences hanging over their head and be completely innocent,

The prison situation in Northern Ireland took away any compassion I may have regarding the drugs issue in Spain.

For me, total waste of money.