5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking read!
Published on 8 Dec. 2012 by BC-Cheshire

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay
Did like the flow of the book and Alison seems like such a lovely person but the book didn't blow me over by any means. Finished it but it wasn't like I couldn't wait to turn the next page ... found it dragged a bit.
Published 5 months ago by Anne 0547

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking read!, 8 Dec. 2012
BC-Cheshire (Cheshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Quirky Medium (Paperback)
I have a read a lot of books of this nature and this one stands with the very best - I just couldn't put it down. I particularly liked the warm-hearted and refreshingly open delivery. Alison Wynne-Ryder shares her personal journey as a medium with disarming honesty, fascinating insights into her role as a co-host of the Rescue Mediums, and the stories of others who have chosen to share stories of their own with the author. I also liked the strategically placed thought-provoking quotations. I really liked it, and it was a pleasure to read. I do hope that this isn't the last book to be published by this author. I definitely recommend this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can I believe it?, 28 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Quirky Medium (Paperback)
What an amazing book. Alison is no 'ordinary' medium. Her first-hand accounts of working with earthbound spirits in haunted houses are breathtaking. Her descriptions are graphic but also straightforward, told with total honesty and not a little humour too. There are so many important stories here, this book has opened my eyes to the reality of the afterlife. And by the way, what a brave woman!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 6 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Quirky Medium (Paperback)
I gave this 5 stars because it's really interesting and anyone who is into this kind of stuff or not will find it facinating to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Quirky Medium, 5 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Quirky Medium (Paperback)
A Great Book full of tips and Information for those interested in Angels and Spirit. Also gives insight into the Rescue Mediums TV series, I would recommend to All!

5.0 out of 5 stars Assessment, 1 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Quirky Medium (Paperback)
Alison writes in a very readable style, I enjoyed the book very much, I will be buying another for family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Title The Quirky Medium The Extraordinary Life of an Unlikely Clairvoyant Author Alison Wynne Ryder FEEDBACK Cover 10/10 The rea, 21 July 2014
This review is from: The Quirky Medium (Kindle Edition)
This book was entered in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what our readers thought:

Title
The Quirky Medium
The Extraordinary Life of an Unlikely Clairvoyant
Author
Alison Wynne Ryder
FEEDBACK
Cover 10/10
The readers thought the cover was excellent. Strong central image of the lady herself, very easy to read fonts and a superb blurb, particularly the first line enticing the reader in. One reader put in her feedback, ‘What I liked most about the cover were the colours. Being a graphic designer myself, I know how difficult it is to get colours just right. This designer understands colours.’

Editing 10/10
The book was well structured with no apparent spelling or punctuation errors.

Theme 10/10
The readers thought this book was highly inspirational. They also thought it was a fascinating insight into the work of a medium, in particular, her work on the TV show.
They very much liked how the book was divided up which kept the book feeling fresh. Many of the readers enjoyed the Rambling and Thoughts; others enjoyed The ABC of Spirituality. One reader put, ‘The Ramblings and Thoughts were very accessibly written. It gave the reader a chance to understand where the author is coming from in a ‘day to day’ sort of way.’ Another reader put, ‘I liked the ABC part. Not only was it informative but, despite being an encyclopedia of sorts, it was still written in a fun and light-hearted way. I learnt a lot from the chapter. Now, at last, I know what Shamanism and Psychometric are!’

Style 8/10
Most of the readers enjoyed the style of writing. They thought it was humorous and easy to follow. They also liked how the book was broken up, making it very accessible to the readers.
A few of the readers felt that the most difficult moments in the author’s life, although honestly written, were almost glossed over. For example, the violent incident with her second husband pushing her head in the sink was covered in just one large paragraph. The readers were interested in knowing how the author actually extracted herself from the marriage. One reader put, ‘I loved this book but I was often a little frustrated. I could hear myself saying ‘Tell me more’. In just six paragraphs, she covered bullying at work and abusive husbands. This, I feel, did not do the topics justice.’

STATS
Of the 21 readers:
21 finished the book and loved it.
9 thought the strongest aspect of the book was the accessibility of the writing.
6 thought the best part of the book was how well it was structured.
6 thought the best part of the book was the Ramblings and Thoughts chapter.
21 thought the cover was excellent.
2 suggested developing a fewer of the darker moments in the author’s life would add to the book.

“An insightful and often surprising look into the world spirituality. Almost impossible to put down.” The Wishing Shelf Awards

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally amazing, 14 July 2013
Dickie (Noth East En gland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Quirky Medium (Kindle Edition)
A beautifully written account of an unusual though certainly not easy life for a truly lovely and kind hearted Lady. Alison had me laughing / sometimes moned almost to tears and wanting to read on all the way through the book. I was intrigued by the series rescue medium and had the great pleasure of meeting Alison whilst on holiday. What a warm and soft hearted Lady who I think has a sort of lovely glow about her to match her beautiful smile. This book was enjoyable, fun and very thought provoking.
Buy it- believe me you won't be disappointed!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and Funny!, 8 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Quirky Medium (Paperback)
This book gives a fascinating insight into Alison's life and her work as a clairvoyant/medium. She tells the story in a straightforward and down to earth way with such a sense of humour that I laughed so much at some of her experiences.

The book is also very informative about all things spiritual so I would recommend it to anyone wanting an insight into this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 25 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Quirky Medium (Kindle Edition)
Loved the flow and easy to understand way in which Alison has written. Would recommend to my family & friends & everyone who wants to know & understand more. Answers questions that don't always seem okay to ask. A great book. THANK you so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 19 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Quirky Medium (Paperback)
A brilliant gift idea - readable and funny as well as fascinating - I have bought several of these now for friends and all are deighted!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›