Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The HX6511 is one of the more basic models of the Philips Sonicare range, but it really does everything you need. Some of the other models in the 900 series have setting for gum massage, sensitive mode and various other brush cycles and come with a UV cleaner included with the charger, but you'll find that you'll rarely use and never have much of a need for those advanced functions. This model has the Quadpacer mode, which is the standard 2-minute clean with build-in buzzes to ensure that you cover the four sections of your teeth and gums.

If you follow that recommended procedure, you'll achieve the best results and you'll notice it too. It really does cut down on the amount of work you need done at the dentists and reduce your dental bills. My own dentist has noticed the difference and my regular check-ups now usually require nothing more than a clean and polish. A Philips Sonicare is the best investment you can make if you really care about your teeth.

Operation of this model is straightforward then, but it's also packaged in this set with a good quality travel-pouch/wash-bag, a charger (requiring a 2-pin to 3-pin adaptor) and it comes with three brushes - two regular and one small. It's recommended you change heads every two months. You can use a brush longer and it looks like it retains its firmness, but you aren't really getting the full strength brushing. Replacement brushes are relatively expensive, averaging around £4 each, but as mentioned above, it's a really worthwhile investment when set against the cost of dental bills.
VINE VOICEon 27 March 2013
There's nothing that says "I love you" more than a toothbrush, which is a good thing that the people at Philips thought about relevant gift set combinations for consumers with the Sonicare GIFT SET!

All jokes and excitement about receiving a toothbrush for a present aside, the Philips Sonicare range of electric toothbrushes are great brushes for a dentist clean feel - sturdy, good handling size and last a long time on one charge.

Having chosen Sonicare before the feel you get when licking your teeth after is noticeable the first time you switch to it, and the ultrasonic waves the toothbrush head vibrates into your teeth really dislodges a lot of plaque and daily build up.

As with other Sonicare this model is so powerful when you turn it on it shakes the toothpaste into the sink and sprays everything with froth until you've perfected your brushing technique.

There's nothing special about it being a gift set other than the additional free replacement heads, which even though averaging out average £6 a replacement, are often sold in packs of three or four, making them seem expensive for a single buy. Packaging them all together for a "gift set" makes it better value if anything, even if the travel bag has questionable tailorship.

Some complain about the length of the charging cable: Relax. Putting it on constant charge is a waste of electricity anyway. An overnight charge brings the battery to full, and you'll get around a week's charge from it, even if that means having to charge up in a room other than the bathroom.

Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have a HX6730 that I paid >£100 18 months ago. There isn't anything wrong with it but the battery has got a stage where it needs charging every 7-10 days.

And so, I get the opportunity to have the HX6511 which I can see retails for much less so of course my golden question was, will it be as good?

The older model has a few more bells'n'whistles and is heavier. It feels more substantial in my hand. The HX6511 is definitely geared more towards being more portable for travels. Thinner and lighter on both the sides of the handle and the charger meaning it is a little more compact in your luggage.

Just the one option of on/off on the button front. The advanced features of the older model where it would differ the pulse types I soon grew to not use after the novelty wore off so the HX6511's limit of only one mode is not a problem with me.

On the actual teeth cleaning experience, would the new, cheaper model live up to the high standards set by the old one? In a nutshell, yes! I can't tell the difference. I'm a little upset by this - I wasted too much money on the old one...

The battery life at this moment is staggering. I clean twice a day and the first charge lasted 6 weeks! As with the old model however, I expect this to fall off over time.
on 23 July 2013
I've had mine for a couple of weeks now and it is great. Three brushes came with it two regular sized and a smaller one. If you haven't used a sonic tooth brush before get one your dentist will love you and this one is good. There are others with whistles and bells on them but do you need all that. The timer is set at two minutes and that is divided into four so you can clean each quarter of your mouth evenly. It seems to hold the charge well and there are indicators to let you know when it needs a charge. A full charge will last around 6 weeks to start of but I expect that it will need charging more the older it gets. Well pleased with it and I think my dentist will be surprised when he sees me next.
on 1 July 2013
I love this toothbrush!! We used to have an older sonic model which eventually gave up the ghost when the rubber seals corroded, so we went for an Oral B instead - no contest!! The Philips Sonicare range is fantastic value and I believe gives much better results than the Oral B (more expensive) brush. This model also seems to have been built a bit better so hopefully will last longer than our previous model, but to be honest I'd still buy another one even if this only lasts a year, because I think they are brilliant!
on 27 June 2013
It cost just over £40 and is money well spent to keep my teeth healthy. It has a 2 minute timer to ensure you do the job properly, high speed vibration of the brush head (much faster than my old Oral B) and just a simple on/off button. No fancy gimmicks like the more expensive Sonicare toothbrushes which are not really necessary. My teeth feel cleaner and the charge seems to hold well, so far. This gift box came with 2 spare brushes which normally cost £5 each.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 April 2013
Philips Sonicare HX6511/33 Easy Clean Rechargeable Sonic Toothbrush

I have returned from my 3 monthly visit to the dental hygienist and this is the first time she had made positive comments about the cleanliness of my teeth which I put down to this toothbrush.

This Special Gift Pack I believe is a bargain with 3 toothbrush heads. Two standards and a mini. I am using both types of head as the mini is ideal for getting right to the back of the teeth.

The toothbrush charges very quickly on its charger base and with just one button to press on the handle you are ready to go. I soon noticed the difference, my teeth felt so clean and unlike so many competitors it is not noisy! The unit itself has a slim handle design so feels really comfortable in my hand. The charger base itself is light- so easy to take with you on holiday and it also comes with a white cosmetic bag so just take your toothbrush head off and put both in the bag ready for your overnight stay!

I have had quite a few rechargeable toothbrushes over the years and this model is up there with the best. With experience the higher the price is certainly not an indicator of performance. This one however is a great price for a first class toothbrush and anyone who buys this one will not be disappointed. I am highly delighted and can't praise it highly enough.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I think my title sums it up! I absolutely love this toothbrush, and as a family we now own three different tooth cleaning products from the range.

This particular set contains a travel bag and three toothbrush heads, alongside the cleaning unit. The heads come with the sliding covers, which are great for keeping your toothbrush head clean - particularly when travelling!

Once initial charging is complete you can use the battery warning lights to let you know when it needs charging. It is possible to just stand it back on the charger after every use, but that seems a little unnecessary when the charge lasts well. The battery indicator lights show as three green lights at the base for 75% charge and above, dropping to two lights for anything else down to 50%. When the battery reaches under 25% it will flash a warning light to indicate that it is in need of charging.

As with many of the products in this range, it is possible to change the mode of use according to your individual needs. These modes are all well explained in the literature provided, so you can choose that which is most suited to you.

I can't really say that I have noticed much improvement in the appearance of my teeth, but I think that is because I am already used to the standard provided by Sonicare products.

Overall, this is a very good set, and I would highly recommend it!
on 3 April 2014
I've had loads of these toothbrushes (as a family we've probably had 7 in as many years). I have not found one that cleans better- but they break down so often! The maximum lifespan we have found of any we have had is two years and a month or so (ie just after the warranty finishes!).

Ones that my wife and I share often only last a year (perhaps because we are taking the heads on and off each day). Our current one didn't even last that: seven months!

I need to find a better replacement!
VINE VOICEon 9 April 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
After using this toothbrush there isn't another one i'd try. This is excellent value for money considering a visit to the hygienist costs a fortune!! After using this for a month my teeth are noticeable shinier and combining this with whitening toothpaste it polishes and leaves my teeth sparkling! My gums are noticeable healthier - this toothbrush isn't too vigorous so if you have sensitive gums that bleed this is actually gentle on them but very effective. It gets in all the places you need to with super cleaning power and will be a great investment for your teeth as it gets in places and removes plaque that you can't reach. It's gentle on fillings and crowns, had no problems at all. Comes with 3 heads so will last a long time for yourself or has coloured rings to share with the family to each change the heads and use the same base - very economical and a worthwhile investment. Now i've tried this I am hooked, my whole mouth feels cleaner and I won't be going back to a regular manual toothbrush! Highly recommended.