5.0 out of 5 stars amazing
I am extremely happy with this laptop and it handles everything you throw at it.
I have been using it for gaming and it seems to run much smoother when plugged in and is a bit jolty when just on the battery
Published 13 months ago by Aj Seago

3.0 out of 5 stars Good budget gaming laptop
The lenovo z580 is a good budget gaming laptop for those of you who are looking for somthng that can run world of warcraft,starcraft counter strike source etc how ever the screen quality is not good at all its extremely saturated and colours are not vivid at all.
Published 10 months ago by Mike

3.0 out of 5 stars Good budget gaming laptop, 18 Aug 2013
This review is from: Lenovo Ideapad Z580 15.6 inch Laptop-Gunmetal (Intel Core i5 3230M, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Nvidia Graphics, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 10 Jun 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Good Good, 21 May 2013
I ordered this laptop as it is the best specification for the money.

The graphics card is better than the standard Nvidia 630m, the memory is massive - both RAM and HDD. I am happy with the screen although it is glossy and reflective but i have nothing negative to say about the sound which is excellent.

Its well made and feels sturdy apart from the disk drive which is relatively flimsey.

I would recommend this laptop to anyone who wants to do more that just surf the internet and if you want to future proof yourself for a few years.

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment, 25 July 2013
Adam K. "adam k" (London, London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
While looking for a new laptop, I did a lot of research and hunting around, and this seemed absolutely ideal. Great looks, great specs, great reviews and a very reasonable price (which I notice has gone up significantly, so I was lucky). Out of the box, I was thrilled by its looks and its feel in a way, I must say, that I never am when it comes to machinery. It has a whopping 8GB RAM, 1TB harddrive, and Nvidia graphics card...oh, so much going for it. But it was not love, and this came down to three very overwhelming reasons.
1 - The keyboard. I'd read (and expected) brilliant things about the keyboard, it's comfort and ease, and it was real selling point for me. The keyboard on the machine I got, however, was dull, unresponsive and stiff. I can speed type - or could, until I got this machine, and continually found myself having to go back and insert spaces and letters (the space bar was particularly awful) and it made typing an absolute chore, and this was one of the main purposes of the laptop for me
2 - the tracking pad. While it wasn't as erratic as I'd feared it would be, it's not exactly smooth and doesn't always direct the cursor in the direction I want, while swipes also, repeatedly bring up a random Windows 8 "tile" out of nowhere, so I have to keep finding my way back to the desktop.
3 - Windows 8. I know, I know, it's unfair to judge a laptop on its operating system, but Windows 8 is so invidious, so obnoxious, it's like a virus infecting the machine rather than a utility. Whatever I wanted to do, there the tiles were, dropping in front of my screen like a curtain, getting in my way, insistent in their usefullness but, when prodded, oddly ineffectual. Oooh, the weather in Dubai -- how useful! Oooh, a "mail" tile that can't connect with my account because it's not IMAP -- how useful! I followed some online tips for minimising their presence, but they continued to pop up like unwelcome ghosts at the slightest brush of the tracking pad.

So for a month I struggled with this machine, really REALLY wanting to love it, but finding it hard work, like wading through treacle. I'd never realised how important the ergonomics are on something like this. I was going to stick with it, though, 'cos it was a beautiful machine with great specs and I was lucky to have it, even if it hated me in return. And then, a week before we were due to go on a holiday I'd planned to take it along on....I dropped it. I should say that this was NOT on purpose, not even subconscious, as I can ill afford to do such a thing and felt quite sick afterwards. The AC plug is buggered, the jack skewed and I know from past experience that while you can get this fixed (for a cost) once broken, it's a permanent weak spot destined to fail again. And I feared I didn't have time to get it repaired before I went on holiday. So, for now, it's been replaced by a Samsung, which doesn't evoke the same irrational love, but the keyboard works and I've found, so far, that this and a reliable trackboard actually help keep control of Windows 8 better. Once I get back from holiday I'll look into getting the Lenovo fixed and keep it as a spare, I guess: a bitter reminder of a failed love affair.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a keeper, 17 April 2014
J. Lee "goldleadero" (Merseyside) - See all my reviews
So, now that the warranty has ended, this laptop has decided that there's no longer any need to function
Lenovo support were very helpful in pointing out that most laptops seem to run into crippling problems just around the end of the warranty period and assured me, I could get it repaired for the cost of the whole unit/ No thanks.
WiFi randomly stops working, disables reconnection options so you have to reboot. OneKey factory restore doesn't give you a clean rebuild so you ultimately end up with a buggy windows 8 install that can't configure its own updates.
I would avoid this brand indefinitely after this laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lenovo Ideapad Z580 15.6inch Laptop with 2GB video card, 21 July 2013
Bought as a present for my son and he thinks it is fantastic. The speed is really great and the graphics superb. Runs all kinds of games with ease, especially the more complex demanding games. Internet browsing is very quick.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reaview of Lenovo Laptop, 28 May 2013
Fast laptop with plenty of memory, unfortunately loaded with Windows 8 and not 7. Windows 8 is awkward and difficult to use especially without a touchscreen

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent laptop, 22 July 2013
I've had this laptop a while now, and i'm very pleased. It's very fast and plays games like Fallout New Vegas and battlefield 3 on high with no issues. I've had no problem with the wifi as some reviewer mentioned at some point. Also some people were complaining about the track pad being too sensitive, i think it's a fairly normal track pad. However the 'smart gestures' are a bit useless, i've never once bothered to use them but they might be useful for some people.

The battery life is about 3 hours if using it for watching a movie or things like that, which isn't the best in the world but i didn't buy this laptop with the intention of using it out and about.

The only tiny niggle I have is that the lid and certain other areas are fingerprint magnets, but they do wipe off easily.

Oh and the speakers are actually pretty good, they sound lots better than my last one and if you switch the dolby home theatre mode on they are quite impressive for laptop speakers.