4.0 out of 5 stars A definite improvement on the previous version
Published 14 months ago by S. Wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars Very loud vibration.
Nice shaped chair and good toy bar but the vibration is very loud. I didn't expect it to be on an expensive chair like this.
Published 2 months ago by jesss

4.0 out of 5 stars A definite improvement on the previous version, 19 Jun 2013
S. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Fisher-Price Infant-to-Toddler Rocker and Seat (Baby Product)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As my title of this review advises - this is a definite improvement on the previous version and Fisher Price have very obviously listened to some of the (few) negative points that were raised by customers of the earlier version. We also own the previous version of this chair Fisher-Price Infant to Toddler Rocker and so I have been able to compare the two side by side. With our second baby due later this year, we knew we would need to think about getting another infant to toddler rocker for our new arrival as our first born still uses his Infant to Toddler Rocker every day and so we were delighted to be given the opportunity to test out the new and improved version. Apologies for the length of my review but I really wanted to make sure that I compared the two seats properly and gave as much information as possible to hopefully help someone make an informed choice about purchasing the rocker.

The main benefit of either version of the Fisher Price Infant to Toddler Rocker is that it is the only chair we have spotted that you can use when your little one outgrows the 'normal' baby bouncer type chairs as these all have a weight limit of 24lbs/11kg. Both versions of the rocker are suitable from newborn until your little one is 40lbs/18kg so plenty of use and 'your money's worth' out of the rocker. Both versions of the rocker have a kickstand to enable the rocker to go into a lie back position for your newborn and both have a vibration function (operated by a D/LR20 battery) for you to help soothe your little one although to be honest we have never really used the vibration function on the first chair as our son isn't particularly fussed on it. Both versions of the rocker are also easily cleanable as the chair cover on both is removable and machine washable on a cold wash. We have also found that the cover always drys very quickly too so great when you need to wash the cover and get it back on fast so that you can use the chair. There is the option to tumble dry on a low setting with both versions but we have always just hung them up on the maiden and they always seem to be dry by the following morning.

Well that is about where the similarities end between the two as some of the minor 'niggles' I had with the first version have been fixed on the newer version:-
1) Although the covers on both are machine washable, the actual two side straps of the three point harness on the old version are not removable as these are attached to the chair frame by a permanent screw. This means that when washing the fabric cover after for example a puking incident you have to maneuver the chair frame into a funny position in order to leave the side strap pieces in soak in a bowl of bleached water as there is no other way to clean them properly. Other than this being a pain to do I never feel like the chair is properly clean. Thankfully Fisher Price have attached ALL of the three point harness to the seat cover on the new version and so you can wash the lot together in one go which is such a time/effort saver.
2) The seat back on the new version is properly adjustable and has two recline settings which you simply adjust by pushing the buttons in on each side and moving the seat back to the position that you want. On the old version the only way to make the back sit up more is by a clip at the back of the chair which tightens the fabric to make it more of a sit up back, however this doesn't really sit our son up enough and we have to use an additional child's cushion behind him to help him sit up properly.
3) The actual three point harness straps on the new version appear to be longer and a better fit as on the old version the harness always seems to sit a bit low on our son and lots of other customers were complaining that their little ones could climb out. Thankfully our son has never attempted to climb out as he is actually quite happy sitting in his chair but this was a bit of a safety worry to us when he was smaller. The new versions straps seem to secure better and with them being a bit longer it also gives more room to strap your little one in better without the harness being really tight.
4) The new chair is much lighter to lift than the old one and is a lot less bulky thanks to the new design. This obviously saves on space and helps for when you need to move the chair around in the day.
5) The toy bar on the new version is a lot more interactive than the old version as it has the musical frog which plays by your little one either pulling on the handle or spinning it around the toy bar. The other two toys on the toy bar could be improved by maybe giving them the rattle feature that the old version has but I am just nitpicking here as the new toy bar is certainly better. Also the new toy bar is padded which is so much better than the old non padded version as our son whacked his head a couple of times by accident when he was little on the old version and it's nice to know that our newborn won't have the same issue.

Now finally my couple of 'niggles' on the new version although these really are just niggles and not in my mind major issues but perhaps Fisher Price may fix these for any future versions?:-
1) The seat cover pulls down a bit at the top and the bottom bit when my son is sitting in it which it doesn't do on the old version. This isn't an issue but I have noticed it with having the old version to compare it to. Maybe Fisher Price could see about some sort of securing strap to stop this?
2)The new seat is missing the little fabric slot cover that the old seat has which hides the hole that you slot the seat harness buckle bit through when converting the seat to the toddler mode. Again this isn't a major issue but more of a nice little quality finish that they have somehow missed.
3) The toy bar on the new version is higher than on the old version. Whilst this isn't an issue for my son, it may be an issue for a younger baby as they may not be able to reach the toy bar properly and I shall be testing this theory when our new little one arrives later this year. Maybe if there was any way of making the toy bar height adjustable?
4) The front rocker feet on the new version are mainly plastic whereas on the old version it is mainly metal rail with a little bit of plastic. It probably isn't an issue but the old version just looks and feels a bit more robust because of this when compared to the new version.

So in summary a definite improvement on the original version but with just a few minor 'niggles' that Fisher Price may hopefully look at fixing in the future to make this a truly superb chair and the reason why I haven't felt I can give the chair 5 stars. We (my hubby, son and I) really like the new version but still like the old version too, however if I was to choose between them both I would choose the new version as it definitely the better seat. Any questions that you think I may be able to help you with about the rocker then feel free to leave a comment on my review and I shall reply to the comment when I spot it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Rocker, 28 July 2013
I would recommend this rocker to any new parent. It is stable and easy to assemble, the bar on it has some good toys and the vibration seems to calm the baby.Very light and easy to lift.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 29 Nov 2013
Excellent for my little chubster who was too big for a normal bouncy chair but still little enough to need something!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lisa gwent, 22 April 2014
Best chair I have ever bought my daughter loves it perfect from newborn right up to toddler age fab x

3.0 out of 5 stars Very loud vibration., 10 Jun 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 1 Jun 2014
This product was chosen because of the colours and the fact that it can convert into a toddler seat later. My son is kept animated by the toys. The seat is so comfortable that he has dosed off once.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product, 30 May 2014
I bought this for my daughter and she is simply loving it. It is strong and safe. I am simply reducing one star because hanging just have stickers on one side.

3.0 out of 5 stars Baby chair, 10 May 2014
I was a little disappointed with the chair we bought for our 4 month old grandson thee was not a long of give in the material the toys on the bar looked cheap and a do not think it will last till he is toddler size as the material is pulling already for the price a would not recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome, 7 May 2014
Great chair for my gorgeous boy who was only 9 months old, so i bought an additional one for my nephew who is 6 months old.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab product, 7 May 2014
Baby loves it. I have one and so do parents for when we're at their house! Great for downstairs naps as you can rock to sleep then push kickstand out to lie flat. Only criticism is the mechanism to recline is a bit awkward.

Fisher-Price Infant-to-Toddler Rocker and Seat