4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the money when compared directly with Bose
I like my gadgets and covet the Bose and Parrot Zik noise cancelling headphones, however the price is a bit steep for something that will be used on 4 flights a year at most. Having read the reviews I decided to have a look at these and I'm glad I did.

A few comparisons.

Published 14 months ago by Mr. Gary Coates

3.0 out of 5 stars Should be renamed sound dampening headphones
They seem to be good quality headphones, easily worth the price I paid I'd say (around £30). However the sound cancelling seems to cut out some sound but not all of it - maybe it can't detect certain pitches? I'm not sure. Would be more accurate to call them sound dampening headphones.

If you have both music playing and the sound cancelling on then the effect...
Published 5 months ago by Oliver Jay

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the money when compared directly with Bose, 17 Jan. 2014
This review is from: 7dayshop AERO 7 Active Noise Cancelling Headphones with Aeroplane Kit and Travel Case (Electronics)

A few comparisons.

Power - Bose 1 AAA battery, Aero 7 2 AAA batteries, Parrot Zik - re-chargeable with limited duration, spare £25.78. Win Bose and AERO 7, AAA cheap and readily available.
Case - Bose Included, Aero 7 Included, Parrot Zik £39.99
Cost - Bose £259.95 , Aero 7 £28.87, Parrot Zik £224.99
Noise cancelling - Bose and Aero 7 very similar to my ears and those of the Bose owner, Parrot Zik not available to me.
Sound - Bose nice, Aero 7 OK. Very basic and subjective, if that frustrates you probably should spend the extra.

My conclusion for my purposes. For 4 flights a year the superior sound of the bose isn't worth the extra cash especially after tweaking the equaliser on my phone.. If I were using the headphones week in week out I would probably go for the improved sound of the Bose and ignore the Zik due to battery practicality.

5.0 out of 5 stars To Bose or not to Bose, 20 Sept. 2013
You name it. I've tried it. As a long suffering Kent to London commuter I've made it my quest to find a set of headphones that kills the ambient low drone of the train without stripping my bank account. These are excellent: very well-made
Very effective. Very comfortable. Noise cancelling they're a close second to Bose.

3.0 out of 5 stars Should be renamed sound dampening headphones, 23 Oct. 2014

If you have both music playing and the sound cancelling on then the effect is amplified, but to be honest I was hoping for more of an effect without using music to drown out the excess, so that I could choose to have silence in my office when I'm working.

However, if you just want the sound cancelling so that you can enjoy your music without hearing outside noise (e.g. on public transport), and you're not keen to get tinnitus from playing at excessive volumes then these will fit the job perfectly!

Conclusion?
They work, but not well enough. :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, use at work, 21 Aug. 2013
I was busy recommending these to my colleagues when I decided I should really write a review about these great headphones.

I looked around on Amazon for a while specifically for noise-cancelling headphones for under £30, as people talking and other noises in the office were getting too much to be able to concentrate on work (we have an open plan office). These had the best reviews for the price, and so I decided to try them.

Delivery was fast, no problems there.

Ever since I've been using these I feel much more productive. If I need to hear what's going on I can have them as normal headphones listening to music (no complaints about sound quality from me), and if things get too loud I just flick the 'On' switch and get plunged into a lovely bubble of peace and quiet. Whatever I listen to gets louder as well, and I can just get 'in the zone'.

They are very comfortable and don't press on and hurt my ears like others have done. The ear 'cups' and headband are all nicely padded. I often forget that I'm wearing them now.

I'm not keen on using the noise-cancelling feature without something playing mainly because it can get a bit oppressive on the ears, but I think that's probably a personal preference.

The detachable cable has also been brilliant - I have not had a great track record with cables (they loosen, get loose connections, breaks, and even accidentally cut in half with a guillotine... long story!), so when, after one too many catches with my foot the end of the cable came apart, I was able to just grab another one (plain old headphone jack to headphone jack), plug it in and carry on as before without buying new headphones. Genius!

It comes with a sturdy case and an airplane adaptor as well.

The only minor complaint I could have with these is that when they arrived - as others have mentioned - they smelt really strongly of smoke. I mean, REALLY strongly. It meant they were slightly unpleasant to wear at first, but it did wear off eventually. It they could take a look at remedying this, then they would be almost perfect.

At £25 they do a great job, and I feel I have no need to go for a more expensive pair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great set of headphones, 3 Dec. 2013
I was slightly doubtful of the quality of these headphones even with so many good reviews however all doubts have been put aside since receiving them.

Noise Cancelling facility is more than adequate for my needs. So I am very happy with this.
They are comfortable and easy to adjust.

I personally have no negative points to offer and would recommend these to anyone hoping to save a few quid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 28 Mar. 2013
Not as good as a 200 pound pair, but well worth every penny.

I would say that it eliminates about 80-85% of background noise.

One feature I loved was that the cable is a 3.5mm plug at each end, so many of my past headphones have broken where the cable meets the headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised at how good this was, 20 Feb. 2013
M. Ali - See all my reviews
After my Audio Technica headphones stopped working and didn't last as long as I would have expected, I wanted to buy something cheap (£26) but with active noise cancelling to cancel out background office noise.

I was pleasantly surprised with these headphones - great price and good noise cancelling. Granted it was not as effective as my previous headset but seeing as they cost 3-4 times as much I was still very happy as the noise cancelling was noticeable and in the same ball park. I also think the sound quality is better and there is very little sound leakage in comparison which was a problem with my last pair.

Like AT these headphones are quite comfortable too in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars A cocoon of concentration and enjoyment!, 28 Aug. 2014
I have been searching for a noise cancelling product for a while. I cannot afford Bose products, so after reading many many reviews, I bought these! OK....do they cancel noise, no when my partner was using a hammer in the same room as me! However, they really do cancel out the 'whirr' of the computer hard drives, the freezer switching off and on! They also prevented my partner from talking to me....do you want a cuppa?.....from 6 feet away! They said they are anti-social.....from my point of view though....bliss! With the headphones on noise cancel and with no music, the world became calm for me and allowed me to focus on computer work. The headphones with noise cancel and music.....a little cocoon of concentration and enjoyment! I do not pretend to be a music engineer, so I cannot comment on accoustic frequencies etc, but I certainly heard more tonal signatures on tracks I have heard many times before! I have listed to music with Bose, and the sound is not as good....but for me, at home, travelling on public transport, it is more than sufficient! The headphones are adjustable for size and ear pads are very, very comfy! The case is great, sturdy and protective! If these get lost or broken, I will not be heartbroken...I'll just get another pair! So, in summary...for price go for it, get a pair and like me and enjoy a good level of noise cancellation, good music quality and comfort!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Sound, 28 Jan. 2014
Really good sound quality that you would expect to pay twice as much.
Good noise cancelling and the plane kit is a bonus.
Works great on Etihad long haul flights.

5.0 out of 5 stars A product that actually does what it's supposed to!, 7 Sept. 2013
Well, I read some reviews of other, more expensive headphones with similar features, but was drawn to these for a number of reasons; the travel aspect of them (excellent hard shell case & aircraft adapter which I don't think's needed these days) and the connecting cable design, not to mention the noise cancelling feature!

Seller sent word that the estimated delivery was between 7 & 11 September 2013 but they arrived on 6 September 2013 & I only ordered them on the 3rd!

Tried them out & all is well, noise cancelling works well with no noticeable hiss as others have mentioned. Yes, they do smell of 'smoke' but that's the ear pads & leave the headphones outside the case for a while & the smell soon fades, no biggy! Looking forward to testing these out on a flight to Florida next spring, that'll be the real test!

Overall I'm very happy & would recommend these!