4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the money when compared directly with Bose
I like my gadgets and covet the Bose and Parrot Zik noise cancelling headphones, however the price is a bit steep for something that will be used on 4 flights a year at most. Having read the reviews I decided to have a look at these and I'm glad I did.

A few comparisons.

Published 13 months ago by Mr. Gary Coates

3.0 out of 5 stars Should be renamed sound dampening headphones
They seem to be good quality headphones, easily worth the price I paid I'd say (around £30). However the sound cancelling seems to cut out some sound but not all of it - maybe it can't detect certain pitches? I'm not sure. Would be more accurate to call them sound dampening headphones.

If you have both music playing and the sound cancelling on then the effect...
Published 4 months ago by Oliver Jay

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the money when compared directly with Bose, 17 Jan. 2014
This review is from: 7dayshop AERO 7 Active Noise Cancelling Headphones with Aeroplane Kit and Travel Case (Electronics)

A few comparisons.

Power - Bose 1 AAA battery, Aero 7 2 AAA batteries, Parrot Zik - re-chargeable with limited duration, spare £25.78. Win Bose and AERO 7, AAA cheap and readily available.
Case - Bose Included, Aero 7 Included, Parrot Zik £39.99
Cost - Bose £259.95 , Aero 7 £28.87, Parrot Zik £224.99
Noise cancelling - Bose and Aero 7 very similar to my ears and those of the Bose owner, Parrot Zik not available to me.
Sound - Bose nice, Aero 7 OK. Very basic and subjective, if that frustrates you probably should spend the extra.

My conclusion for my purposes. For 4 flights a year the superior sound of the bose isn't worth the extra cash especially after tweaking the equaliser on my phone.. If I were using the headphones week in week out I would probably go for the improved sound of the Bose and ignore the Zik due to battery practicality.

5.0 out of 5 stars To Bose or not to Bose, 20 Sept. 2013
You name it. I've tried it. As a long suffering Kent to London commuter I've made it my quest to find a set of headphones that kills the ambient low drone of the train without stripping my bank account. These are excellent: very well-made
Very effective. Very comfortable. Noise cancelling they're a close second to Bose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised at how good this was, 20 Feb. 2013
M. Ali - See all my reviews
After my Audio Technica headphones stopped working and didn't last as long as I would have expected, I wanted to buy something cheap (£26) but with active noise cancelling to cancel out background office noise.

I was pleasantly surprised with these headphones - great price and good noise cancelling. Granted it was not as effective as my previous headset but seeing as they cost 3-4 times as much I was still very happy as the noise cancelling was noticeable and in the same ball park. I also think the sound quality is better and there is very little sound leakage in comparison which was a problem with my last pair.

Like AT these headphones are quite comfortable too in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, use at work, 21 Aug. 2013
I was busy recommending these to my colleagues when I decided I should really write a review about these great headphones.

I looked around on Amazon for a while specifically for noise-cancelling headphones for under £30, as people talking and other noises in the office were getting too much to be able to concentrate on work (we have an open plan office). These had the best reviews for the price, and so I decided to try them.

Delivery was fast, no problems there.

Ever since I've been using these I feel much more productive. If I need to hear what's going on I can have them as normal headphones listening to music (no complaints about sound quality from me), and if things get too loud I just flick the 'On' switch and get plunged into a lovely bubble of peace and quiet. Whatever I listen to gets louder as well, and I can just get 'in the zone'.

They are very comfortable and don't press on and hurt my ears like others have done. The ear 'cups' and headband are all nicely padded. I often forget that I'm wearing them now.

I'm not keen on using the noise-cancelling feature without something playing mainly because it can get a bit oppressive on the ears, but I think that's probably a personal preference.

The detachable cable has also been brilliant - I have not had a great track record with cables (they loosen, get loose connections, breaks, and even accidentally cut in half with a guillotine... long story!), so when, after one too many catches with my foot the end of the cable came apart, I was able to just grab another one (plain old headphone jack to headphone jack), plug it in and carry on as before without buying new headphones. Genius!

It comes with a sturdy case and an airplane adaptor as well.

The only minor complaint I could have with these is that when they arrived - as others have mentioned - they smelt really strongly of smoke. I mean, REALLY strongly. It meant they were slightly unpleasant to wear at first, but it did wear off eventually. It they could take a look at remedying this, then they would be almost perfect.

At £25 they do a great job, and I feel I have no need to go for a more expensive pair.

3.0 out of 5 stars Should be renamed sound dampening headphones, 23 Oct. 2014

If you have both music playing and the sound cancelling on then the effect is amplified, but to be honest I was hoping for more of an effect without using music to drown out the excess, so that I could choose to have silence in my office when I'm working.

However, if you just want the sound cancelling so that you can enjoy your music without hearing outside noise (e.g. on public transport), and you're not keen to get tinnitus from playing at excessive volumes then these will fit the job perfectly!

Conclusion?
They work, but not well enough. :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 28 Mar. 2013
Not as good as a 200 pound pair, but well worth every penny.

I would say that it eliminates about 80-85% of background noise.

One feature I loved was that the cable is a 3.5mm plug at each end, so many of my past headphones have broken where the cable meets the headphones

4.0 out of 5 stars Great set of headphones, 3 Dec. 2013
I was slightly doubtful of the quality of these headphones even with so many good reviews however all doubts have been put aside since receiving them.

Noise Cancelling facility is more than adequate for my needs. So I am very happy with this.
They are comfortable and easy to adjust.

I personally have no negative points to offer and would recommend these to anyone hoping to save a few quid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Sound, 28 Jan. 2014
Really good sound quality that you would expect to pay twice as much.
Good noise cancelling and the plane kit is a bonus.
Works great on Etihad long haul flights.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, good sound quality, reasonable ANC for the price, 4 Oct. 2014
Just to be clear, the ANC on these is nowhere near as good as that of the Bose QuietComfort 25 headphones. My friend has these, and the ANC is vastly superior and the difference is poles apart from these.

That said, there is also a massive price difference so comparing the products is perhaps a little unfair in the first place. I don't think anyone would expect a product costing almost 10x as much to be comparable to these. So perhaps we should concentrate on this product instead...

The ANC on these does make a difference. I commute to London each day on a busy train and these headphones do reduce the overall noise and improve my journey. The main thing I notice when I switch the ANC on (no music) is the sound of the carriage air conditioning pretty much disappears. Other train noise also reduces. Voices do not reduce that much, but then as the instructions clearly say, it's only low frequency noise which is cancelled.

When playing music I've noticed that my volume level on my iPhone needs to be much lower and I don't feel as though I'm playing music as loud to hear it. Everything is very clear and the ANC at this point is still noticeable and you can tell it's making a difference.

On sound quality, the headphones do have a reasonable amount of bass, but I don't think too much. Sound is clear and I'm pleased with it overall. I've not noticed any hiss when switching them on without music, although other reviews say they do.

The headphones are comfy and I've not noticed any pains when wearing them for over an hour. They have a nice quality feel and I think they'll wear well. I had no problems with the battery door as I've seen mentioned in other reviews, so perhaps the design has been changed - slides off/on nicely and feels sturdy. My case did not smell smokey, so they must have resolved this issue. The lead is decent quality and the connection to the headphones feels sturdy. The case is nice and also feels like it will last. It should protect the headphones well. I've not tried the other connector accessories so cannot comment on those.

Bottom line here is that these are great value and sound good. I would recommend them, so long as you don't compare to the more expensive products as they are not the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars They really work., 22 Sept. 2013
Was dubious about this purchase but these headphones really work and cut out 80% of background noise in my workplace, the case is great too.