on 23 October 2013
A lovely gentle book peppered with humour. I could relate to this book as I'd stayed in a lot of the places named in the book, it certainly made me smile. It also opened my eyes to the real Greek culture, I'd only experienced a taste of the culture but could definitely identify with the author's stories. I bought this for the recipes but found myself enjoying the story more than the recipes - which, incidentally, are delicious!
on 11 March 2014
This was one of those books where I noticed the percentage read at the bottom of the Kindle Page getting bigger and dreaded finishing. It was wonderful - a real escape from the grey winter. I wanted it to last so much longer ! It is the first thing I have read for a very long time where the English was absolutely spot on, not one typo/spelling mistake, grammar wonderful and yet written in a really captivating style. The recipes are lovely, the tips for those going to stay awhile/work abroad extremely useful and the stories very interesting. I beg the author to write more, and I'm off to search now to see if she has. A real joy.
on 4 February 2015
I simply could not put this book down. Having spent 10 years
Living in Crete the experiences of the author brought tears to my eyes and many smiles . This book gives a fantastic insight into the cretan ways and brought back all the memories and made me thankful that I have also been lucky enough to spend time in the most beautiful place on earth with some of the most amazing people you could every wish to meet. Thank you Elizabeth Christie
on 31 January 2014
I read this inbetween my usual thrillers,and really enjoyed a look at Greek life,and some of the recipes sound wonderful.I have been to several Greek Islands on holiday but you don't really get to experience life as a local, this is exactly as I would imagine it,and I will also be trying several of the recipes,good book.
on 5 February 2014
I loved reading this book, I got it for free on kindle but I would have happily paid for it. It is a lovely read and you get some good tips on loosing weight. Seeing this to review (I can't believe I haven't reviewed it already) I am going to re read it as I enjoyed it so much the first time :)
on 5 November 2013
Liked the feisty tone to this...! Witty and intelligent. Haven't tried the recipes but may well do if I can shed a couple of stone eating lamb and feta !
on 16 September 2013
This book was an excellent read it gave me a better understanding of the Cretan people and the recipes look brilliant.
Well done
on 18 January 2013
Very readable and engaging book about food, not diets! Full of easy and tasty recipes with a touch of Greek - much needed on grey January days!

Witty and well written with a healthy approach to food and all our cravings.

Would thoroughly recommend it. The Diet Book that is not a Diet Book
on 4 March 2014
A very easy read and insight into life in Crete. I will definitely use some of the recipes from the book.
on 15 February 2014
a joy to read and having been to Crete and eaten some of those meals , could relate to both