5.0 out of 5 stars Finch fan, Liverpool
Published 18 months ago by Anne Lee, Liverpool

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Stalkers but worth the read
Not as fast pace or gripping as Stalkers but still had a good twist. Found it much more descriptive in places which led to it feeling a bit slow pace but still glad I read it and will be pre ordering his next instalment
Published 19 months ago by Janine

5.0 out of 5 stars Finch fan, Liverpool, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Sacrifice (Detective Mark Heckenburg Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
As with Stalkers I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Despite the heinous acts contained in the story it was an excellent plot line, it gave me the same type of feeling when I read Messiah all those years ago, fast pace and quite dark especially being a woman but this is what makes it a good read and why I've given it 5 stars ,I really like Heckenburg as a character warts and all and am looking forward to February 2014 for the release of Hunted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 3 Jan. 2014
Gripping pace, well drawn and contrasting characters. Sergeant Heckenberg is as good a main character as Morse or Jane Tennyson. The Tv roots of the writer are evident in the fast pace and the dialog that constantly moves the plot forward. Excellent all round.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brutal and Gripping, 16 Oct. 2013
Absolutely stunning. Easily one of my favourite books of the year. Paul Finch gives us a brutally graphic and intrinsically gripping story that is as good as any you will read. The attention Paul affords each character in the story gives the readers a real sense of the horror, despair and helplessness of what is happening. And it is brilliant for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sacrifice by Paul Finch, 19 Aug. 2013
Just finished this book, great story, and I look forward to the reading more by this author. The characters were believable, (unlike some books I've read!) Loved it from start to finish!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 9 Nov. 2013
DS Heckenburg is trying to solve several murders all connected by the fact they are happening on the day of a celebrated holiday. It's causing nationwide panic but can he solve the case and arrest the perpetrator/s before any more lives have been lost?

WOW! I loved this book, I loved the characters and I loved the fast-paced action. The book just keeps making you have to guess what will happen next and I found myself wanting to turn the page to find out what was going to happen next. I have to say I enjoyed the last quarter of the book more than the rest, but all was thoroughly enjoyable, as it had the most action and more suspense.

I found myself gasping out loud towards the end, I can assure you I got a few concerned stares from the people around me because of it, and I was feeling sorry for what poor Claire had to endure. I love Heck, he has to be my favourite character in the book, and his constant perseverance of wanting to solve the case even if it means risking his own life, his great love and support for his fellow colleagues and the way he tries to always show them the positive side of things is admirable.

The description of the action was just perfect, not too shallow but not overwhelming, just the right amount. Throughout the book I actually found certain parts slightly scary, like not nightmare scary but scary enough for a book. The intensity of it all was actually quite overwhelming but it was by no means a negative characteristic of the book.

The cliffhanger was done very well and now I can't wait until the next book comes out to find out what case Heck will have to solve next.

I would definitely recommend this series to anybody who ever asks me for a book recommendation!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 1 Jan. 2014
This was the second book read by this author. Enjoyed it more than the first. The characters have developed and while the story was improbable at times kept you in suspense and eager to keep reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sacrifice, 2 Aug. 2013
Mr. A. J. Wheaton (U K) - See all my reviews
One of the best thrillers I've read for a long, long time. "Edge of the seat" stuff, wanted to keep reading until I found out who the perpetrators were.
Well written, very imaginative crimes, extremely thoroughly described, left me with tremendous sympathy for the victims and revulsion towards the killer(s). Very exciting climax. Looking out for his next book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Stalkers but worth the read, 6 Aug. 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Sacrifice. A novel by Paul Finch., 5 Aug. 2013
It was good. Interesting plot. The storyline moved along at a pace. All in all it was worth reading through to the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than stalkers!, 8 Aug. 2013
This book was brilliant. Stalkers was good but this one is fantastic! Fast moving and keeps you hooked until the very last page. Read it you won't be disappointed!