Size: MediumColour: Navy/GreyChange
Price:£36.97+ Free shipping

on 13 October 2014
My first impressions of this (Result Horizon jacket) are good. When I've had time to try it out for a few months, I'll do a further review.

In the mean time: the size is good and fits well. It has a few pockets both inside (3) and outside (4) - these are of good size and conveniently positioned. The zips and buttons seem sturdy and it came with a spare button and a spare popper button!

A nice feature is that the nape (bit around the neck) is lined with fleecey material, which makes it more comfortable.

Another good thing is that it is fairly light - it's not super-light, but neither is it overly heavy or uncomfortable to wear. The weight is about right for what I wanted (a jacket which is waterproof, but not some snow-survival type thing). I don't find it too hot whilst cycling (and some clothes make me very hot and cause sweating - this hasn't so far). That said, it's also not cold - I stayed at a comfortable temperature whilst wearing it.

The hood is worth mentioning - it's got elasticated things to draw it in, is sufficiently large and reasonably thick (couple of laters of the material). It's good, but having it rolled up into the neck compartment for it is not comfortable - I tend to wear the hood out rather than rolled in. The hood can be taken off though. It's good that it has the face-flaps on it which cover a large section of the face: for me, from under chin to partway over nose).

What about waterproofing? I've been through a couple of heavy showers (as in, actually fairly heavy rain) earlier today - trousers got wet but under the jacket stayed completely dry, and the jacket dried off afterwards reasonably quickly. So, it does seem to be quite waterproof - the rain was being blown right into me for a good 10 - 15 minutes.

Conclusion - appears actually waterproof (rather than showerproof - anything like that just soaks through under heavy rain - it's why I bought the jacket), not too hot, lots of space for clothing underneath is high levels of warmth are necessary but not too cold on its own. Size is good, pockets are nice and easily accessible, seems well made.
on 24 November 2013
Windproof and waterproof. Very nice red colour. Minimal heat insulation, so wear an extra layer under it in cold weather.

The hood rolled up takes considerable space in the collar and prevents zipping all the way to the top. I suppose you can let the hood hang or might even need to wear it if you need to zip up all the way.

Comfortably oversized so as to fit over multiple warm layers of clothing.
The zip-in R115 add-on fleece layer makes the jacket a bit akward to put on and off, so consider alternative independent warm layers.

I found that greasy dirt (as from handling/carrying a bicycle) is impossible to clean, which is a shame.
on 14 November 2014
A strong coat for bad weather. Warm to wear and can be worn over a lightweight fleece. I bought 'one size up' from my normal (L up to XL) and this gives more room, however, I wouldn't advise this unless you are tall and need longer arm lengths.
The hood can be removed, which is just as well, becaiuse when rolled up inside the collar it feels very uncomfortable.
Overall am very pleased with it.
on 14 November 2013
Very good jacket, has numerous pockets and not too bulky. Would recommend to anyone looking for a good less expesnive waterproof jacket
on 25 September 2013
this is a great quality jacket,ordered an xxl afew weeks ago which is a bit big, but was that impressed with it ordered another but this time xl which is perfect, very generous fit but only order right size for you, good quality material hood in collar plenty of pockets, ideal coat for the winter and very quick delivery thank you.
on 13 August 2014
I was very pleased with the styling of this coat, looks really nice, fitted me as I expected, ( I am 48 chest ), the material is very strong, for a light jacket, exactly what I wanted, a light, nice looking waterproof, that folds up small to keep in a backpack ready for the unexpected!! The hood is nice too, not just a flimsy thin bit of plastic. I would buy another if needed, without any worries.
on 6 July 2014
As the titled above, it's good value for money and easy to add layers underneath if one requires warmth.
on 26 January 2015
Excellent quality and value. Easily as good as the major brands without the silly price tag. I shall definitely be buying Result clothing in the future.
on 16 October 2014
Looks a lovely coat but I wore it once and the next time I went to wear it the zip broke. Such a shame as apart from that a lovely coat
on 17 November 2015
Got it because it is getting colder but, hubby can't wear it yet as it makes him too hot lol. Great buy and keeps you very very warm