on 10 March 2013
A beautiful interpretation of a classic usually associated with another artist. Strongly recommended. Weilerstein must be a rising star in the making
on 3 March 2013
Alisa Weilerstein's performance is simply unutterably beautiful - the most sensitive recording I have ever heard, of this piece -and I did go to hear Jacqueline du Pre performing it live!
The Carter cello concerto it is matched with is dreadful - discordant. Avoid listening to this! The Bruch is beautiful.
Definitely worth buyingn for the Weilerstein/Barneboim interpretation of the Elgar, though.

Rita Craft.
London.
on 20 March 2013
Wonderful CD I heard it played on Classic FM and had not heard of her before; an excellent purchase. Will look out for more from her.
on 24 March 2013
Dare I say it, but I like it as much as DuPre's recordings of the Elgar. The playing is never forced but still has passion combined with aching intensity and lyricism.
on 29 March 2013
I first heard this on Classic fm, and immediately bought it. The last version I had of the Elgar concerto was by Jacqueline du Prey, and this one is just as beautiful.
on 17 March 2013
this was a gift for my mother for mothers day she loved it and was extremely pleased with it. a great buy.
on 20 March 2013
A very nice CD of the Elgar Cello concerto. Not my normal DVD purchase. My wife enjoyed it too..OK OK
on 22 March 2013
Exquisite! The music lives on in the mind. Hear it once and you'll have it for weeks! It will be part of the collection of all classical music lovers.
on 13 April 2013
A lovely interpretation of Elgar, so sensitively played. But Jacqueline du Prey still has my ultimate vote. This soloist will go far.
on 27 March 2013
Excellent production of Elgar, very expressive. Not so keen on the modern piece but it is also played brilliantly. Well worth buying