5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning minimalist album, this is Einaudi at his finest
Einaudi first caught my attention after a friend recommended his album Divenire, which I think was probably my favouite albums of his. I wasn't blown away by Nightbook, and had high hopes for In A Time Lapse. My hopes were met and surpassed.

Published 23 months ago by L. Hubbard

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as his other works.
It's ok but I've such high expectations of the man. I didn't think it matched his earlier works. As my old school reports used to say "Could do better"
Published 21 months ago by Anthony Turnbull

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning minimalist album, this is Einaudi at his finest, 24 Jan 2013
L. Hubbard (Cardiff) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: In A Time Lapse (Audio CD)

In A Time Lapse is, like his previous works, dominated by piano and is a delight. This album seems to have slightly more accompaniment by strings and other very unobtrusive electronic/synths, but they never form the backbone of any of the tracks. There's little point in doing a track by track analysis of the album because it is simply stunning from start to finish. I did particularly like "In A Time Lapse" (Track 2) and "Brothers" (Track 7), just because I particularly liked the melody and rhythm of these tracks. The rest are all sublime as well!

The album runs for just short of 1 hour 7 minutes, and the sound quality is brilliant like in previous releases.

One thing I should say is that I disagree somewhat with the previous reviewer Big Jim who said this sounds more ambient than classical. I would say that it is classical, albeit minimalist like his previous works. I guess it's just semantics, but I would associate ambient music with elongated chord sequences that lacks a huge degree of melody and movement. On the contrary, I have always thought Einaudi has had an excellent sense of both melody and rhythm. Sure, this isn't Hollywood blockbuster soundtrack music, nor is it classical music written for a full orchestra. But one of Einaudi's strengths is getting the emotion across with what is a fairly sparse accompaniment. The thing is, it works! For me personally, I enjoyed this album more than my previous favourite Divenire.

Overall, for fans of Einaudi I think this album will hit your musical sweet spot. It sounds fantastic and oozes quality without ever sounding overstated. This music is both relaxing and engaging, and I cannot recommend this highly enough. I would say this is the best Einaudi album to date.

**Update 27/1/13 - I've just seen that he is touring the UK in mid-late April 2013 if you are interested in seeing him in concert. See the comment box for locations and dates. I've posted the website if you want more information. Also, I am just a fan, and not affiliated with any promotional company!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Wondrous, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: In A Time Lapse (Audio CD)
I'm always disappointed the first time I listen to a new Einaudi CD - all the tracks merge and nothing stands out, nothing seems special, nothing is catchy or immediately likable. There's a feeling of wanting the CD to sound like the previous one (because I always love the previous one) and of course, it never does....quite.
But then, after a while, after several listens, certain moments tend to stand out, magical moments that I hadn't noticed before. And then whole tracks stand out, ones that I keep returning to, listening to over and over again.....
"In A Time Lapse" works just this way: the initial disappointment, nothing as strong or as hypnotic as "Nightbook," nothing that stands out, nothing that catches - and then such RELIEF when suddenly I was snagged. It was the track "Newton's Cradle" that got me first, then "Experience," both of which I just want to listen to again and again until they are seared into my mind. Now I can't get enough of the CD and I haven't even received it yet - I've been listening to it on Cloud Player.
This is quite brilliant: everything I want from an Einaudi CD. It's hypnotic and dreamy, just a little edgier than "Nightbook," more complex than "Divenire." It's also taken years so arrive as "Islands" was yet another compilation. A new Einaudi CD is always an event and it seems the longer it takes me to like it, the more wondrous it is. "In a Time Lapse" is truly wondrous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hauntingly beautiful, 27 April 2013
This review is from: In A Time Lapse (Audio CD)
Bought I Giorni as I heard it on the radio and was mesmerised by the spine chilling simplicity of this work. Went to see the genius at the Brighton Dome and the first half was this album. So unlike I Giorni but equally stunning, Pink Floyd meets Danny Boyle. Loved it, the genius is deep and mysterious, I'm hooked!

4.0 out of 5 stars Some very different ideas this time, 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: In A Time Lapse (MP3 Download)
Cannot give it 5* because whereas "Brothers" is possibly one of the very best pieces of music Einaudi has composed, a couple of other tracks have you reaching for the ear defenders! The electronic cello (or is it a double bass) is an acquired taste I think! "Nightbook" was a league away from his earlier compositions and was a bit "marmite" and I think stalwart but older fans may find the same with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peaceful and flowing, 28 Aug 2013
Dr. Peter Davies (Halifax, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: In A Time Lapse (Audio CD)
Einaudi produces great flowing piano music that just keeps on going. einaudi creates an atmosphere that is unmistakably his own, and listening to it can indeed feel like being in a time lapse. Your cares and worries tend to dissolve in the flow of his music. This is classic Einaudi and if you have liked his previous works you'll likely like this one too.

If you are new to Einaudi this would be a good recording to start with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing album like Divenire, 5 May 2013
This review is from: In A Time Lapse (Audio CD)
This is an amazing and beautiful album like "Divenire"
Why I love it??
I just love it, for no reason :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing sounds, 4 May 2013
This review is from: In A Time Lapse (MP3 Download)
Great listen, would recommend to anyone who needs to chill out, great first time introduction to soft classics, raving to everyone about it

5.0 out of 5 stars Ludovico Einaudi, 1 May 2013
J. M. Young - See all my reviews
This review is from: In A Time Lapse (Audio CD)
This man plays the most wonderful haunting and beautiful music. This is his latest CD and is well up to standard.

5.0 out of 5 stars IN A TIME LAPSE, 27 April 2013
J. Page "Book worm" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In A Time Lapse (Audio CD)
YET ANOTHER MASTERPIECE FROM THE MASTER OF THE PIANO. JUST NEED TO SEE HIM PERFORM IT ALL LIVE TO BRING ME UP TO SCRATCH WITH HIS TALENT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer bliss!, 23 April 2013
This review is from: In A Time Lapse (Audio CD)
I love everything by Einaudi so this is a no-brainer. So much pleasure for so little money - just love it!

In A Time Lapse