5.0 out of 5 stars Sane people saying sound things about e-cigarettes
Published 22 months ago by C. Bates

3.0 out of 5 stars Making your mind up
Published 6 months ago by R. F. Hawkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Sane people saying sound things about e-cigarettes, 23 Feb 2013
C. Bates (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Electronic Cigarettes: What the Experts Say (Kindle Edition)
I was one of those interviewed for this book, but I learned a lot from the other interviews - and this comment applies to them. The overall impression is of people who: are dispassionate about the evidence that e-cigarettes are a disruptive technology with enormous potential to reduce harm caused by tobacco; have a balanced and honest view of the risks (which are not nothing, but not much either); show real concern for smokers and their health, wellbeing and rights; feel great frustration with the established health charities and campaigners who, for inexplicable ideological reasons, have taken an oppositional and even prohibitionist stance, with no evidence or compelling arguments. If you are unsure what to think about e-cigarettes,either as a curious user or public health professional, or you've been surprised or put off by statements made in the press by zealous campaigners, this book will give you a much more thoughtful insightful perspective.

3.0 out of 5 stars Making your mind up, 25 Jun 2014
R. F. Hawkins - See all my reviews
A fairly factual book but unlikely to change anyones opinion on the benefits or otherwise of electronic "cigarettes". Several weeks ago I stopped smoking cigarettes literally overnight and started vaping. Getting through 40+ cigarettes a day was costing me a fortune and clearly (I'm 68!) not helping my health. My home stank of tobacco smoke and so did I! Clearly, it appears to be wrong to suggest e-cigs are a quit-smoking aid (although in my case, vaping works) and it appears wrong to suggest vaping is "safe". However, I no long cough and I feel significantly better than I have in years. Vaping might kill me, but cigarettes clearly will.

The anti-smoking lobby are generally narrow-minded and very ill-informed and they are obviously anti-nicotine which everyone agrees, whilst highly addictive, will not kill you. Perhaps these people should consider banning alcohol and coffee.

I did NOT want to give up the "ritual" of "smoking" and I positively enjoy my nicotine in much the same way as others enjoy alcohol and a morning cup of coffee.

Check-out how much HMRC make from every pack of cigarettes we buy. Check-out how much profit both the tobacco and pharmaceutical industries make. Then consult evidence from scientific studies that tell you less than 2% of people trying to quit smoking have actually won the battle using nicotine "patches" 12 months down the line.

Not a bad book but it's unlikely to convince either side of the arguement on the issue of safety. If you currently smoke, enjoy your cigarettes or whatever and live with the certainty that sooner or later, your pleasures will catch-up with you. However, for me at least, vaping is not only safer, but can become a very rewarding hobby. One word of caution, unless you smoke only 5/10 cigarettes a day, look-alike cigarettes and cartomizers are extremely unlikely to satisfy your nicotine needs. Read-up on using "mods and tanks/drippers". A good "mod", tank, batteries, charger and a bottle of e-liquid can cost you over £100 but this is around the same as a weeks' supply of cigarettes if you smoke 40 a day. Good luck. Read the book and decide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great information, 30 Mar 2013
With all the disinformation and misunderstandings about e-cigarettes it was great to see so much sense in one small volume.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get the real truth, 20 July 2013
This book is great for anyone starting on vapouring it tells u what unwed to know in laymans terms. Great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite informative, 15 July 2013
Mrs. J. Davies (manchester england) - See all my reviews
This is not a long read but contained some relevant information, would recommend to anyone thinking of switching to e-cigs.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good no nonsense series of interviews with health professionals across ..., 21 Sep 2014
David (Bridgwater, UK) - See all my reviews
A very good no nonsense series of interviews with health professionals across the world. I read this with much interest before making the switch from cigarettes to e-cigarettes and this book helped me to make-up my mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wealth of useful information and research, 29 Sep 2014
DaveG (Southampton UK) - See all my reviews
A wealth of useful information and research. Perhaps some of the knee-jerk, and frequently dishonest, promoters of bans should read this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Sep 2014