on 8 February 2016
I've been looking for a simple guide to wordpress and this is it is clear, concise and to the point , this book will get you started building your own blog/website in no time.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 June 2015
I am not a geek. If I have a need I can use applications. For someone like me a guide like the one Caimin Jones has written to WordPress is invaluable. Jones takes you though why WordPress, installing, blogs and websites. There is a lot on architecture and design and useful sections on resources and search engine optimisation. You want a website? Get this book.
on 12 February 2014
A good general guide to WordPress, it has enough to get you going with a few useful tips. It is not really a guide for existing users as it only covers the basics.
on 21 January 2016
Very well written and for a novice like me helped me enormously.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 May 2015
This is an excellent book if you have never used Wordpress before. It really covers the basics and gets you started. I do recommend the early exercises as set out in the book - it gets you into the right frame of mind. Posts are different to pages. Use a post page for your blog or column and a page for website pages.
on 15 September 2014
I have just finished setting my blog/website. I found this book utterly fantastic and it is truly a step by step. Written in a language that those who are not computer literate will appreciate. I found it easy to follow and use. I would certainly us another book by this author.
on 1 April 2014
I'll keep it brief. This is not offering what I'd hoped from reading the blurb and other reviews. What I wanted was a book that would help me run a Wordpress-based website but it seems to be more geared to somebody who simply wants to run a blog site - and Wordpress has moved on from there.
I'd have given it 4 stars because, to be fair, part of the above could be considered to be my fault for having expectations different from the author's intentions. However, the damned outer cover pages curl outwards (extremely, almost forming a tube), either due to humidity or the plastic lamination on the outer but it's bloody irritating, you have to leave a heavy book on top of the darned thing overnight in the hope of flattening it.
11 comment3 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 July 2015
Writing style is clear and uncluttered.
Covers most main areas.
Well structured.
Gives a variety of links for further reading and for plug-ins, resources etc without trying to sell you anything.
Pleased I read it.
on 24 November 2015
Despite the believe that anyone can do WordPress in an instant is dillusional. Books like this I can't fault with good tips and advice for even the hardcore computer expert are valuable.
on 1 May 2014
Hopefully having read this I will be ready to start my own website - slightly scary but with this book by my side I have every confidence that I can do this !!!!