5.0 out of 5 stars and this is my adopted daughter by polly fielding
'And this is my adopted daughter' by Polly Fielding.

I wish to give this book the highest star rating because it is an excellent little book,but given the subject matter ,to say 'I love it' is somewhat inappropriate!
Published 19 months ago by Jenny

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Farfetched
The story line goes on and on being repeated time after time, I found I lost interest 2/3 rds of the way through as parts of it were quite
unbelievable.
Published 4 months ago by Pauline Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars and this is my adopted daughter by polly fielding, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: And This Is My Adopted Daughter (Kindle Edition)
'And this is my adopted daughter' by Polly Fielding.

Polly Fielding writes compellingly about a traumatic childhood and how she copes with it. I had to read it in one sitting and was emotionally exhausted at the end. I recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very sad story, 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: And This Is My Adopted Daughter (Kindle Edition)
Polly was adopted as a baby but had to find out from snide remarks at school that who she thought were her real patents were her adoptive ones. Her elder sister was favoured over her for nearly everything,which left Polly craving for affection. This was made even worse when aged twelve her patents adopted another baby who was really loved

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on every level, 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: And This Is My Adopted Daughter (Kindle Edition)
Being an adopted child is rarely easy and can bring with it a host of questions about rejection, progeny and one's place in the world. Such questions carry into adulthood, especially if the adoptive parents fail to provide a corrective, consistent warm and loving home life.

This account describes one woman's post war journey from adoption into just such a family. Polly is every bit "the adopted daughter"- repeatedly invalidated and rarely good enough for her religious mother. The emotional impact of this on Polly is tellingly relived on each page. Polly's struggle continues into adulthood as she relates to both her adoptive parents and her rediscovered biological mother. The narrative also touches eloquently on idea of repair as Polly mothers her own children in a way that does not repeat her own history.

As a mental health professional this book worked on so many levels- a human story, an autobiography, a clever intermingling of developmental psychology and lived experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars A compelling childhood memoir, 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: And This Is My Adopted Daughter (Kindle Edition)
Polly Fielding's ability to write convincingly from the point of view of the young child is uncanny. Her recall of her childhood appears to be near-perfect - which is more than can be said for the very difficult upbringing she endured. The quality of the writing and the observation keeps the reader compelled. An exceptional book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very touching , a must read, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: And This Is My Adopted Daughter (Kindle Edition)
This is one of those books that had me so in grossed such an in depth and touching storie I almost felt like I was in the storie at some point. So wonderfully written

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Farfetched, 11 May 2014