on 23 January 2015
If you hear a radical sonic improvement between turntable mats generally then this may be worth a purchase. For me I have tried and owned a few mats in the past, from rubber to felt, and I think for the money this is by-far the best value upgrade you can get.

It doesn't appear to produce any static whatsoever, and lays completely flat and has a label recess on it too. I also own the Funkfirm Acromat which costs nearly 3 times what this does, and I would say had I bought this one first I wouldn't be looking for any other again.

Great service from Analogue Seduction too, thanks
on 24 August 2015
Impressive bit of kit. Using it on a Planar 3 that has been modified substantially i.e. Audio Origami re-wire, motor upgrade and Michell parts.
Initial improvements seem to be a better controlled bass and a slightly wider stereo image which is uncanny!
Really bought it more for the dust and static issues that are common with the felt felt mats so anything else has got to be a bonus!
All in all I would say for under 30 quid it represents good value and as always with Analogue Seduction they get delivery times spot on.
review image
on 27 July 2013
Read about these; called the company & spoke to knowledgeable chap; convinced and ordered & wow...does really make difference! Having read lots of forums (really have to study carefully as so many opinions out there!?), a lot of what was being said is true...does help to isolate the rumble/noise and also brings out better sound, more 'omphh' to bass etc.
on 22 August 2015
An upgrade for the very thin felt mat supplied with the Project Carbon Debut turntable recently purchased from Sevenoaks Sound in Cambridge. Much more solid in all aspects expecially thickness and has a lovely mix of of rubber and cork. The felt mat kept sticking too the heavier vinyl records. Was not convinced by the sonic improvements claimed by other reviews but I was wrong about that. It tightens up the sound and has better bass and a fuller sound with more depth to boot. Dont have a clue how this happens but perhaps its because of the thickness and solidity of the mat. All in all a cheap sonic upgrade for under £30. Highly recommended.
on 10 June 2016
Initially pricey for a cork/rubber matt I thought but took a gamble as my old Technics SLD 202 had enough static to power a taser. At first there was still a bit of static so was immediately disappointed. However, after a short time I realised there was zero static and improved fullness of sound quality. A worthwhile investment in the quest for the sweet spot in audio.
on 25 May 2014
I can't really tell whether this cork rubber mat improves the sound or not, but it looks dapper, doesn't collect dust, and doesn't stick to my records when I remove them from the turntable.
on 11 March 2015
Absolutely awesome, big improvements on the clarity of the record and has gained more bass response. The mat doesn't seem to produce any static when changing records. It's a great turntable mat which I wasn't expecting a lot from, "its only a mat, how much difference could it actually make?" How I was wrong and very grateful now.
Would definitely recommend, for under £30 you can't go wrong! happy listening.
on 31 May 2016
OK, this is a difficult one for me, this is a quality turntable mat and as the many +ve reviews improve upon the felt and other material mats fitted as standard or as after market upgrades. It didn't however improve on the important virtues of vinyl replay in my system. The top end lost some of the energy, sparkle and detail, although image focus was well defined I felt without the mat the perception was a wider deeper sound stage. The turntable I have is not of the normal commercial design so may not reflect the the benefits gained from this item. So although returned and refunded the 4 stars is for the quality of service.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 February 2015
Definitely better than my original felt mat for RP3, don't know if it resolves the static issue yet (takes time to prove that), but the level of detail and the tonal is in no doubt improved, along with better low frequency reproduction.

Though you needs some tapes to remove loose cork particles on the mat before you puts your vinyls on for the first time.....
on 21 January 2014
helps with the bass and vibrations
great looks and great built
very good buy for all the vinyl lovers out there