5.0 out of 5 stars What modern Motown could have been, 20 Mar. 2013
H. Bruce "music lover" (edin scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lady (Audio CD)
So many soul albums slip past without comment or any notice, please do not let this happen to this one. From the first few bars of the openning track it's clear where the roots lie and makes you want to dig out all of the classic Motown sounds.

Buy this and while you're at it try and track down the Queen Emily CD - classic stax soul from this decade!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Take two tracks and call me in the morning.., 19 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Lady (Audio CD)
I don't write reviews. I don't usually feel this motivated.But..
As I was browsing tonight in HMV Oxford street, London one of the last high street "bricks and mortar" sellers of tangible, physical media, the most soulful and uplifting intro effortlessly flowed into my ears as it was played across the shop floor. Immediately I needed to know who and what this track was. Instinctively I used my phone to tag as everyone does these days and discovered the album was called Lady. The phone revealed the track was "If you wanna be my man" and initially I thought well maybe I'll get the single now and maybe the album later.
When another track came on which sounded similar in style I tried to tag it but nothing came up this time on the phone. I found myself asking a member of staff*. When he told me to my surprise it was again the album Lady and "Please don't do it again". I was sold.
I can only describe the album as a real soulful, feel good one, produced and arranged in such a way that it could have been straight out of the 50s or 60s.
The product description doesn't do this album justice, the BBC review is very complimentary and is probably a much more coherent and descriptive write up than my dribbling, but the point is get this; get this album if you want to hear music like they used to make them, with soul and with feeling. And also so that these ladies might record another one soon.

*On a sub note the fact that a human could tell me, what an app could not actually put a smile on my face. Sadly the times, as they say are a changing and the term "all good record shops" will be a phrase lost to a generation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking new soul music, 17 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Lady [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Modern soul with a classic feel. Not many records like this these days. So nice to have it on vinyl too...

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 19 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Lady (Audio CD)
Soulful and funky. I love this album and listen to it all the time. I would definitely recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT - it's a summer classic!, 9 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Lady (Audio CD)
Great music, funky, soulful, perfect for playing in the garden on a sunny day, lady is actually 2 ladies, so it's twice as nice!

Highly recommended to anyone who appreciates a decent tune!

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like Alice Russell, you'll love this., 22 April 2013
This review is from: Lady (Audio CD)
I heard a track on Giles P and was hooked. Its a strong CD with no duff tracks.
Strong vocals, upbeat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album a real easy listen, 5 *, 18 Sept. 2014
Mr. S. J. Niewolik "aging rocker" (central uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lady (Audio CD)
Great album so retro think of any of your favourite female singers and you get hints of them all, very good album recommend with Karma being the best track in my opinion

5.0 out of 5 stars very quickly & in excellent condition. I would certainly order again, 8 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Lady (Audio CD)
My CD arrived, in Sydney, very quickly & in excellent condition. I would certainly order again. Thank you.

Lady
Lady by Lady (Audio CD - 2013)