5.0 out of 5 stars Best album from Goran yet!, 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: CHAMPAGNE FOR GYPSIES (Audio CD)
I have seen Goran Bregovic live and I'm a massive fan. Even I can admit that although his ballads and a lot of his slower songs are beautiful but after you listened to them a few times you can wait quite a long time before listening to them again.

This album I have been listening to on repeat for 3 weeks straight and I'm still no where near tired of it.

All the tracks are amazing to listen to, I try to sing along as best I can and the fact he's worked so hard with so many other internationally renowned artists makes this album a true work of art.

Since I'm a teacher I've also started teaching Goran's version of Bella Ciao to my students and they're loving it.

I would love to see this album performed live. So jealous of you Paris!!!

For those of you who want a bit of a breakdown:

Presidente is the first track with the gypsy Kings. They have created such a perfect fusion of the typical Balkan brass lines with the rhythmic ferocity of the Spanish guitar and controversial anti-political lyrical themes (which becomes a common theme throughout the album if I'm translating anywhere near correctly).

The album starts to kick off more with Selina O'Leary singing "On a Leash" with thumping double bass and a near-haunting lead guitar part. Amazing harmonies in the rhythm section and a fast-paced, driving drum part.

The albulm slowly progresses more with "Be That Man" and "Hopa Cupa" keeping the wine of international cultural relations flowing leading up to my next personal favourite "Ciribella Ciribella" with amazing bass vocals and harmonies that force a smile on to your face.

Have to work now so I'll leave you with that as my final thought.

ENJOY!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical,happy sounds, 13 April 2013
This review is from: CHAMPAGNE FOR GYPSIES (Audio CD)
Enjoyed a Goran concert at Sydney Opera house, this CD allowed us to recapture the moments

The concert was joyousness, alive, inspirational, if you get the chance go see him
In London in May (18th)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 3 April 2013
This review is from: Champagne for Gypsies (Audio CD)
Bought this for my wife as a treat ahead of her seeing Goran at Festival Hall (London) with her friend. I possibly have played it even more than my wife. It makes my feet tap and makes me smile. Sure I don't know all of the words but the life within the music cannot help but make you also feel alive and happy.

Love it and want to get some more - although it could be hard to find something else this good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bregovic, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Champagne for Gypsies (Audio CD)
Kind seller professional.
  Watch out for the customer!
Quick to contacts and answers.
Recommended to all friends and relatives.
great