5.0 out of 5 stars Superb camera
For a few years I've been very happy having a Canon DSLR with a few lenses as my main serious camera, and a pocketable compact Canon S100 as the camera I carry around with me everywhere. The S100 has most of the features and image quality of their G series serious compacts in a smaller body.

I've upgraded my DSLR and my S series camera a couple of times when it...
Published 13 months ago by Phill Lister

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing dream
I have hankered over one for ages, so splashed out at Xmas. I love 35mm rangefinders also viewfinders, I hate looking at screens.
I often find its better to want than have, this is the case here too.
Good points
Looks cool
Viewfinder
Good at high iso

Bad points
Hard to get a good photo out of it.
Flash photos are normally...
Published 7 months ago by x19

4.0 out of 5 stars Smells right, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: Fujifilm X20 Digital Camera Silver (12MP X-Trans CMOS II With EXR Processor II, 4x Optical Zoom) 2.8 inch Premium LCD (discontinued by manufacturer) (Camera)
The only annoying thing I've found about this camera is the twist to start feature. It's lovely to use, smells and feels like vintage camera equipment and takes the most excellent pictures.

Whilst I'm not an enthusiast, I like taking decent photos that are good enough to print. I bought this to replace my Lumix G1 which I found to be too heavy and annoying to carry around. This fits in a handbag (I also bought the hard case) without dragging me down under its weight.

Where this really stands out is the automatic setting (aka "mummy mode"). I used it at a kid's party where the floor was lit up, the room was fairly bright and there were lots of small people running around. To have set the Lumix up to take a reasonable shot in this situation would have taken a while, yet the mummy mode was intelligent enough to compensate and I got some beautiful images.

I still have a Fuji f31d that I use in situations where I don't want to risk the "posh camera" but I've found I'm using the x20 more and more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and design!, 5 Dec 2013
If you're mainly a point and shoot snapper, as I am, then you might get just as good results from something rather less expensive. On the other hand, you might not.

But what you certainly won't get, is any other camera which oozes the good looks, build quality and sheer pleasure of use as this beautiful piece of equipment provides. These, in my opinion, are worth paying for. I find it hard to put down and never tire of staring at it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera., 15 Aug 2013
Arrived quickly, well packaged. Camera does all and more than I would possibly need and looks the business.
I received the UK version so no problems there.
Glad I bought it and looking forward to experimenting with the various controls.

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing dream, 11 Jan 2014
I often find its better to want than have, this is the case here too.
Good points
Looks cool
Viewfinder
Good at high iso

Bad points
Hard to get a good photo out of it.
Flash photos are normally overexposed or blurred, it does not select a correct shutter speed on any program, normally ignores the flash and sets 1/15 then fires the flash.
When in semi auto mode does not warn of over / under exposure
Auto focus sometimes doesn't
White balance is good on auto at night but can be out in daylight

If it was not a premium compact I would have returned it , but I feel duty bound to persevere.
Our 60 quid Fuji 10 gives reliably excellent photos, this x20 does not.

Not your best effort Fuji, bear in mind we have four other Fuji compacts that are far better at 1/4 the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fujifilm X20, 20 May 2014
Martin Baker (,Bromley, Kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The product as delivered was exactly as described and specified in every respect and I am pleased with the purchase. It is a beautiful camera that lives up to the promises and reviews so longingly researched prior to purchase.

There was a slight problem over delivery which caused some initial concern as the intention was to take this camera on holiday and departure was looming. However, when the Supplier, "Source Code - Amazon market Place" was contacted every attempt was made to resolve these difficulties while keeping me constantly and courtesly updated on progress.
In the event this Supplier cancelled the original delivery and, at their cost, “Expressed” a replacement which arrived the day after that decision was taken.
I hold the view that, occasionally problems and difficulties occur when buying on the Internet and that the true measure of the Supplying Company is how they deal with those rare problem occasions.
"Source Code - Amazon market Place" acquitted themselves admirably and I would not hesitate to use them for future purchases.
Well done “SC” at “Source Code”!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fujifilm X20 Digital Camera Silver, 12 Jun 2014
Only four stars because product pictures are a bit deceiving. The metal parts of the case feel more like plastic, and it kinda looks and feels cheap to be honest, of course not as cheap as stuff from pound land but still, and yeah I might be being a bit snobbish here. But at the same time camera is lighter than you expect, so for some it might be a good thing. It makes good pictures and user interface is easy to navigate. But if you are looking for a camera that looks and feels like it's gonna last for decades then look else where.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, this is still NOT a UK model - bought 25th July 2013, 28 July 2013
I bought this on 25th july 2013 as my son's birthday present. Despite telephoning Amazon to confirm that they would send a UK spec model with a UK charger (having read the other reviews on here), I still received the european version. This has a 2 pin charger plug not compatible with UK sockets and the printed manuals were only in German or French. If you want a grey import you can get it far cheaper than Amazon, if you want the UK spec model it is the same price at traditional retail stores as Amazon. Returned for full refund and bought elsewhere. BTW, the camera itself is fantastic and deserves 5 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera buy from a different supplier if from UK, 17 Jun 2013
I was pleased to receive this great camera which arrived quickly without problem. But was considerably miffed that a 500 camera bought from the UK amazon site was the European version. I had to buy an adaptor to charge the camera and have had to search functions on the internet as the instructions are all in Italian. I just double checked the product page and it did not mention this. It took me ten minutes to figure out how to take a picture.

Poor product support from supplier, steer clear!

1.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Camera, But Don't Buy From Amazon, 12 May 2013
The Fuji X20 is a gorgeous camera. I've only used it very briefly, so I won't go into detail about its function, but suffice to say it produces lovely images.

However, the camera supplied by Amazon is the European edition, so the printed manual is supplied in French and German, and the battery charger is a two-pin continental version. This obviously doesn't stop the camera from being used, but other suppliers will provide a manual and UK charger. The PDF supplied by Fuji has no outline or links, which makes navigating the 150 or so pages rather cumbersome.

2.0 out of 5 stars What is the point of this camera?, 27 Jun 2013
Mrs. S. Peeling (Malvern, UK) - See all my reviews
It is much too big and heavy to fit easily in a pocket or bum bag, so why not wear a DSLR or bridge camera around your neck? The lens has no protection, so you have to buy and use a case at all times. It doesn't fit well in the hand. I just don't see the point. Either buy a much smaller compact without the viewfinder (and most screens are now bright enough to be seen in strong sunlight), or use a bridge or DSLR. What a disappointment. On the positive side the manual zoom is a delight.