5.0 out of 5 stars Superb camera
For a few years I've been very happy having a Canon DSLR with a few lenses as my main serious camera, and a pocketable compact Canon S100 as the camera I carry around with me everywhere. The S100 has most of the features and image quality of their G series serious compacts in a smaller body.

I've upgraded my DSLR and my S series camera a couple of times when it...
Published 12 months ago by Phill Lister

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing dream
I have hankered over one for ages, so splashed out at Xmas. I love 35mm rangefinders also viewfinders, I hate looking at screens.
I often find its better to want than have, this is the case here too.
Good points
Looks cool
Viewfinder
Good at high iso

Bad points
Hard to get a good photo out of it.
Flash photos are normally...
Published 6 months ago by x19

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it looks, 21 May 2014
Norm "Norm" (Thames Valley, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fujifilm X20 Digital Camera Silver (12MP X-Trans CMOS II With EXR Processor II, 4x Optical Zoom) 2.8 inch Premium LCD (Camera)
Fantastic camera which performs every bit as well as it looks and has demoted my DSLR (at nearly six times the price) into a dusty seldom-visited corner.

The stunning image quality and the great looks (more so if you also get a leather Fuji case) are better than I could have hoped with some great and some unusual features (matching the look of old Fuji film, for instance, amongst other filters which are previewed live on screen) make this my Go-To camera.

The negative comments appear to focus on the zoom range not being great and the lens sticks out quite a way - but you can tell that from the pix and the specs so you should figure that out before purchasing. The lens, in particular,is such solid quality that it makes up for the size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent camera, 13 May 2014
I wanted a camera more compact than my DSLR as I found I wasn't carrying the big bulky camera around. This makes an excellent compact and portable alternative. Really happy with the performance of this camera, the quality of the pictures is excellent and it is a solid bit of kit. My DSLR doesn't get a look-in these days, even on holiday I used my X20 for all my shooting. Good fast lens in low light; you have to be realistic with your expectations however, this isn't going to compare to a 50mm f1.4 lens on a DSLR. Much better than plasticky, poor quality compacts, much more portable than DSLRs. No hesitation in recommending this camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for street photography, 12 April 2014
Fits neatly in my coat pocket. Plenty of creative options & superb quality for a camera of this size & price. Have always been a Canon devotee so was pleasantly surprised at the build quality and functionality of the X20. Great little camera and looks cool too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - retro styled camera, 2 Sep 2013
Superb product.
Feels good to hold - has a quality build feel to it and is just the right weight. Not too light to be unstable - but not too heavy to hold either.
The product has many creative art filters and colour modes to choose from. I have used a lot already.
I already own the Fuji HS50 Bridge camera and the menus are very similar to each other - this was a key point for me,
Some reviews complain the camera fall short of the competition as there is no dedicated Video button. It is a simple turn of the dial - and for me personally, the reviewers are nit-picking !
The images so far are excellent - I have been very pleased.
There are many, many features on this camera and I feel it is well worth the money.
One note to add is that I do prefer a viewfinder - which is why this model won me over.
The viewfinder is Ok - but has its limits - but I have used it many times.
The LCD comes in for a bit of flack in the reviews - but I Personally think it is bob-on - you will not be disappointed.
A lot of friends & family are impressed - just with its looks !

I'm a Fuji fan - and have been for some years. They do make good kit and this is yet another winner for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars I rather like my X20, 13 May 2013
I was sorry to see a negative review for the X20, as actually I rather like mine.
It is one of my selection of Cameras and for what I want to use it for, day trip type of photography it has some really fun features, it fits well in the hand and is easy to use.
I use a few of the features but not all of them and find I use more than with my SLR Cannon because they are easy to find. Its not my choice of fit in the pocket camera for trips, not is it my water proof or GoPro camera. But with is smart leather case it looks right at picnics, family gatherings, lunches etc and the quality of the image if more than a "put it Facebook" quality. It actually makes me look better than I am - so isn't that the aim of a camera.
Easy to use, better shots than I deserve, cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars style, function and,,, it delivers..., 22 May 2013
this is so gorgeous as to defy words. Who is it for ? its for the camera-savvy who have DSLR(s) but need a point-and-shoot but don't want grainy rubbish BUT also would like to take video that is not prestine but pretty good, good enough for casual holiday/birthday stuff etc etc. Well this ticks the boxes. FANTASTIC camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect camera for photographers who don't want to carry an SLR and those with kids, 24 Aug 2013
Marc Munier (Brighton, England) - See all my reviews
I totally love this camera:

Huge I mean huge range of modes

There is a mode for everything I mean everything, from the beach to fireworks to low light (very clever takes 4 shots rapidly then stitches them together to avoid camera wobble) to Instagram type filters, panoramic.

Also has one of the most readily available manual modes I've seen.

Styling

Feels very much like my old Olympus OM1, it sounds a little tacky when you describe it but I think Fuji pull off the look very well, twisting the mode dial feels very solid like older cameras do.

Pictures

It apparently has one of the biggest sensors in its class, and you can tell, really crisp shots, even in low light, I've not yet used the flash. The speed of the autofocus is also very impressive, I have three young children so trying to grab a shot as they tear around is a normally a real challenge but with this camera I've managed to get some great shots.

It also has an insanely quick continuous mode, we used it loads this holiday to catch shots of us jumping in the pool etc.

Memory card

Worth getting a decent one as it does take shots very quickly and you don't want to be waiting for the shots to be stored.

Where I bought it

I bought this camera from Curry's the guy who advised me was incredibly helpful, it was a bit more expensive but hey price matched another online retailer(who was based local to the store).

Why I bought it

I used to have a Nikon 1 V2 which was stolen, it took great photos but like many people who has bought one of these ,compact system cameras" I was never going to change the lense - so why have a SLR? I was all set to buy a Sony but having seen the speed of the Fuji I was sold.

The only downside

The battery life, it's pants, you'll get a couple of days full on photography from it so its not like its an iPhone or anything but I recommend getting another battery as a backup

5.0 out of 5 stars Best compact Camera, 21 Aug 2013
I usally use a Canon 5D Mark II - but for most situations I just need a small compact kamera which takes exelent photos when i'm on the run. This camera does the job! Love the retro styling and the quality is very nice! Picture qualty is superb! For the price of 349 punds - you will get a high value camera for anfordable price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smells right, 4 Nov 2013
The only annoying thing I've found about this camera is the twist to start feature. It's lovely to use, smells and feels like vintage camera equipment and takes the most excellent pictures.

Whilst I'm not an enthusiast, I like taking decent photos that are good enough to print. I bought this to replace my Lumix G1 which I found to be too heavy and annoying to carry around. This fits in a handbag (I also bought the hard case) without dragging me down under its weight.

Where this really stands out is the automatic setting (aka "mummy mode"). I used it at a kid's party where the floor was lit up, the room was fairly bright and there were lots of small people running around. To have set the Lumix up to take a reasonable shot in this situation would have taken a while, yet the mummy mode was intelligent enough to compensate and I got some beautiful images.

I still have a Fuji f31d that I use in situations where I don't want to risk the "posh camera" but I've found I'm using the x20 more and more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and design!, 5 Dec 2013
If you're mainly a point and shoot snapper, as I am, then you might get just as good results from something rather less expensive. On the other hand, you might not.

But what you certainly won't get, is any other camera which oozes the good looks, build quality and sheer pleasure of use as this beautiful piece of equipment provides. These, in my opinion, are worth paying for. I find it hard to put down and never tire of staring at it.