TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 22 March 2014
The Fuji is a pretty simple affair as you expect at this price range.
Build wise it's acceptable for a camera costing under £50 plastic body and controls seem to be durable enough to withstand day to day use.

There isn't a lot to get excited about with models like this, it's all fairly simple and predictable, but I've certainly used worse compacts in the entry sector

In the box you get
2x AA alkaline batteries
USB cable
Hand strap
CD-ROM
Owner's manual

As expected a fairly standard zoom range of 5x giving 33-165mm equivalent (on 35mm)
That's not really wide (ie 28mm and under) but about normal for a compact like this

Pros:
+ Takes AA batteries, this is a big plus for me as I've tons of them around
+ Battery life is good with decent quality NiMH batteries I got over 400 shots (some with flash) that's good for a compact (Forget using AA alkaline cells they just don't last long at all ok for an emergency but little else)
+ Image quality is "acceptable" don't get too excited, but you will get reasonable prints at lower ISO levels (intended market) or no problems with "social media" shots
+ Flash exposures are quite good (Fuji tend to do well here) and the camera balances the light output well (ie powers down the flash so it doesn't blow you out)
+ Display was fairly easy to see in most light, it's a 2.7-inch, 230,000 dots affair par for the course on models like this
+ Video 1280 x 720 pixels is "ok" mono sound but not too bad
+ Simple to use

Cons:
- 16mp is more like 4-5 megapixels in real world, Most basic compacts have neither the lens nor sensor quality to yield true high resolution images, this is no different to other makers. Ignore the number, I would suggest setting the camera to M (medium image size) 3264 x 2448, you won't see any improvement in images at the 16mp setting
- Rear LCD isn't 100% coverage, not quite
- Macro could be better, it's about 10cm at the wide end (half that would be much better) it's ok for closer up shots
- Only has "digital stabilisation" not sensor or optical, it helps but it's not as effective
- High ISO is quite mushy so I'd try to keep it to ISO 400 or below

You get your usual scene modes and Auto do everything, but you do have exposure compensation of -2.0EV - +2.0EV, which is about your only manual control (But a pretty handy one)

Some of the modes allow you to go down to 8 seconds exposure which might be handy for night shots.
By no means a bad basic little compact, this is quite easy to use and takes passable images. If you are looking for an inexpensive compact, that takes ok shots and you don't have to "pamper" (ie worry about losing it or breaking it/or as a kids camera), then the AX650 isn't bad at all.

I find the flash exposures one of the main reasons I find Fujifilm a better bet than some other makers, a lot of compacts I try wipe the subject out with harsh flash, the Fuji's a bit better here and thus I give it a modest thumbs up.
on 30 July 2013
This is a good little camera.I use it as back up for my Canon and also when producing a big camera would be inconvenient.It has a good movie facility as well as the other settings.It was not expensive, night time shots require tripod or my wife's shoulder.
A good camera and good performer than some dearer ones
on 26 June 2013
Fujifilm FinePix AX650: Simple, Stylish Point and Shoot Digital Camera

Pros:
Inexpensive
Good image quality
Easy to use
Compact and lightweight
Quick auto focus
Large screen
Variety of photo settings

Cons:
Uses AA Batteries

Rating: 4/5
on 10 June 2013
This is a brilliant camera especially for the low price. I would recommend it for anyone that wants a simple and easy to use digital camera
on 14 May 2014
Bought this to replace an earlier Finepix model. Absolutely love it. Dead easy to use with a lot of options for different conditions ie Beach, snow, landscape..... My other model had a lithium battery which lasted well. This has AA batteries but is equally as good as I use rechargeable ones when on holiday and it's so much easier to pop into a shop and buy AA batteries if all else fails which I couldn't do with the Lithium.
Quality of the pictures is very good for a little point and shoot camera and it fits easily into pocket or handbag. Absolutely perfect for holidays or days out.
on 2 April 2014
I've always wanted my own camera and I finally have one. I looked everywhere on Amazon and most of them have bad reviews so I didn't trust them that much but when I saw this cameras reviews and feedback I knew I had to have it. I saw only one bad review and it didn't seem that bad. It came well protected, well packaged and well designed. I have no problems with this camera except that it came with normal batteries and not rechargeable ones and that there is no SD card included but as I said no biggy. It's still a good camera. It's clear than my other one. I can't exaggerate how good it really is. I recommend buying this and that you have a set of rechargeable batteries and n SD card before buying this or other cameras.
on 21 January 2014
This was purchased as a Christmas present for my mum as her previous camera was a bit old and was in desperate need of updating. I'd read previous reviews and thought this was ideal for mum. She loves it. Very simple to use, great functions and lovely pictures. Price is great value too.
on 18 July 2014
Replacing an older model. This is a brilliant little point and shoot camera, the zoom goes well above expectation as does the macro mode.
on 1 August 2014
Great camera - with all mod cons - great pictures taken close up and portrait too.
Great for everyday to carry around with you - not that heavy with batteries in - batteries last longer than you think if you use Duracell.
on 13 October 2013
This is a little inexpensive camera for taking shots. I like it for it being so compact and for point and shoot pictures.

The picture quality is great too.....