on 13 May 2013
I, and my daughter, love this CD. The singers are very good and there are well known nursery favourites as well as the lesser known. I'm often signing songs from this CD even when my daughter isn't in the car!!
on 18 February 2014
The person who said all the songs on this CD sound the same is clearly tone deaf. I am a musician and can confirm this is a great album, with a good variety of songs, wonderful vocals and perfect musical arrangements.
on 20 July 2014
Lovely CDs! There are pretty much all the songs there you can think of and wish for plus loads of additional ones. Tunes are quite traditional but with a modern spin on it - a lot of songs have a jazzy or rock'n'roll-y hint to them, so whilst they are great for the little ones, parents can enjoy them too! Best nursery rhymes CDs we've got - our baby loves them and me and hubby like them too (sing & dance along for a whole family)
on 26 September 2014
In terms of the musical arrangements, this cd is very good; thought has been given to the arrangement of each tune and although the backing tracks are all played on the keyboard, they are pleasant listening. it has a wide variety of tunes and there’s definitely something in there for everyone.

The singer who is the same for every song, is ok, being a mellow soprano. She sings everything, and I mean everything, in tune, so that things that I would exaggerate, like the quacking of the ducks, in ‘5 Little Ducks’ and shout the ‘bang’ in ‘10 Fat Sausages’ is actually sung, rather than said. This means there is little animation to the tunes.

A friend who is a trained singer who heard the cd, says that there is a school of thought which promotes the view that all nursery rhymes ought to be sung so that children better pick up the tune. It’s used when teaching 5 year olds to sing in tune. If this is what you want, this cd is perfect, as everything is sung perfectly, thereby more uniform.

However, I was looking for something with more animation which this cd does not have. It bores my 1 year old niece who’s definitely of the view that for example, the bang in ‘10 Fat Sausages’ be shouted loudly, and not sung as is the case on this cd.

Tip: Be very sure therefore what kind of thing you want before buying this cd; it’s ideal for learning tunes, but not so good for animated singing.
on 12 July 2014
Lovely singing! All the classics are there plus more! My daughter listens to one of the CDs every night before bed and she absolutely loves it. That's good enough for me. Also because I don't hear the same few songs over and over again it doesn't get annoying.
on 6 April 2013
brought the cd for long car journeys with my two children aged 3 years and 1 year, they both enjoyed dancing and singing along to the music which meant i could drive in peace without any disturbances.
on 17 February 2014
I bought a cd player for my 3 year old granddaughter and wanted a disc to go with it. This seemed to be what I wanted, and it was. She is delighted with it and plays it a lot. She is also learning all the words and singing along. Perfect choice for us.
on 2 September 2013
I bought this after going stir crazy listening to other nursery rhyme cd's repeatedly. The 3 cd's have a good range od nursery rhymes and they are sang in a way that is not grating for adults to listen too. My 3 year old is very taken with his new Rainbow CD.
on 19 September 2014
Good but all the songs are sung by a woman and even ones that should be a bit more up tempo are a little slow. They are all a bit muddled too with bedtime ones mixed in with jumpy ones so I've created my own mp3 mix for bedtime which my baby loves.
on 21 January 2016
I bought this for my daughter and we play it in the car. It's especially useful for longer journeys as listening and singing along to the songs stops her from getting too bored. There are 3 CDs with 25 songs apiece so you never get fed up of listening to the same songs over and over. Some other reviewers have complained it is the same singer throughout but she has a lovely voice and even does a good Aussie accent on the kangaroo song! Although most of the songs are familiar, there are also many I've not heard before (but have since learned!) and it's helping my autistic child to learn words through music. I looked at a few of these types of CDs before purchasing, and I'm really glad I chose this one. It's actually made driving a bit more fun!