5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!!!
Published 5 months ago by Wiosna

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Little Animation to the Songs
In terms of the musical arrangements, this cd is very good; thought has been given to the arrangement of each tune and although the backing tracks are all played on the keyboard, they are pleasant listening. it has a wide variety of tunes and there’s definitely something in there for everyone.

The singer who is the same for every song, is ok, being a...
Published 2 months ago by S. Hussain

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!!!, 20 July 2014
This review is from: 75 Children's Favourites (Audio CD)
Lovely CDs! There are pretty much all the songs there you can think of and wish for plus loads of additional ones. Tunes are quite traditional but with a modern spin on it - a lot of songs have a jazzy or rock'n'roll-y hint to them, so whilst they are great for the little ones, parents can enjoy them too! Best nursery rhymes CDs we've got - our baby loves them and me and hubby like them too (sing & dance along for a whole family)

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Little Animation to the Songs, 26 Sep 2014
S. Hussain "A Critical Reviewer" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 75 Children's Favourites (Audio CD)

The singer who is the same for every song, is ok, being a mellow soprano. She sings everything, and I mean everything, in tune, so that things that I would exaggerate, like the quacking of the ducks, in ‘5 Little Ducks’ and shout the ‘bang’ in ‘10 Fat Sausages’ is actually sung, rather than said. This means there is little animation to the tunes.

A friend who is a trained singer who heard the cd, says that there is a school of thought which promotes the view that all nursery rhymes ought to be sung so that children better pick up the tune. It’s used when teaching 5 year olds to sing in tune. If this is what you want, this cd is perfect, as everything is sung perfectly, thereby more uniform.

However, I was looking for something with more animation which this cd does not have. It bores my 1 year old niece who’s definitely of the view that for example, the bang in ‘10 Fat Sausages’ be shouted loudly, and not sung as is the case on this cd.

Tip: Be very sure therefore what kind of thing you want before buying this cd; it’s ideal for learning tunes, but not so good for animated singing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 13 May 2013
This review is from: 75 Children's Favourites (Audio CD)
I, and my daughter, love this CD. The singers are very good and there are well known nursery favourites as well as the lesser known. I'm often signing songs from this CD even when my daughter isn't in the car!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Feb 2014
P. Oberwarth "Uncle Bob" (Planet Earth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 75 Children's Favourites (Audio CD)
The person who said all the songs on this CD sound the same is clearly tone deaf. I am a musician and can confirm this is a great album, with a good variety of songs, wonderful vocals and perfect musical arrangements.

4.0 out of 5 stars kids singing along, 6 April 2013
This review is from: 75 Children's Favourites (Audio CD)
brought the cd for long car journeys with my two children aged 3 years and 1 year, they both enjoyed dancing and singing along to the music which meant i could drive in peace without any disturbances.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mix of nursery rhymes, 2 Sep 2013
J. Caines (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 75 Children's Favourites (Audio CD)
I bought this after going stir crazy listening to other nursery rhyme cd's repeatedly. The 3 cd's have a good range od nursery rhymes and they are sang in a way that is not grating for adults to listen too. My 3 year old is very taken with his new Rainbow CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't regret buying., 12 July 2014
This review is from: 75 Children's Favourites (Audio CD)
Lovely singing! All the classics are there plus more! My daughter listens to one of the CDs every night before bed and she absolutely loves it. That's good enough for me. Also because I don't hear the same few songs over and over again it doesn't get annoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nursery Rhymes CD, 17 Feb 2014
Mrs. M. Kilvington (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 75 Children's Favourites (Audio CD)
I bought a cd player for my 3 year old granddaughter and wanted a disc to go with it. This seemed to be what I wanted, and it was. She is delighted with it and plays it a lot. She is also learning all the words and singing along. Perfect choice for us.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 19 Sep 2014
This review is from: 75 Children's Favourites (Audio CD)
Good but all the songs are sung by a woman and even ones that should be a bit more up tempo are a little slow. They are all a bit muddled too with bedtime ones mixed in with jumpy ones so I've created my own mp3 mix for bedtime which my baby loves.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best CDs for Children, 14 July 2014
This review is from: 75 Children's Favourites (Audio CD)
We love this CD! Not at all irritating. My little one is only 9 months but already recognises the songs and smiles. Sometimes CDs like this really get on your nerves but we actually enjoy them as they're upbeat and fun!

75 Children's Favourites
75 Children's Favourites by 75 Children's Favourites (Audio CD - 2013)