5.0 out of 5 stars Left desperate for more!
Having read Pushing The Limits, I was looking forward to reading this. I wasn't disappointed, the characters were full of depth, and the story built beautifully. My only disappointment was that it left me wanting to find out so much more. A really good read.
Published 17 months ago by Claire Louise

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars
I'm going to start off by saying I never buy novellas. I don't have anything against them as such but I've never been convinced that they'd add something to the books/series I'm already reading.

Published 17 months ago by lunaslittlelibrary

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars, 7 April 2013
This review is from: Crossing the Line (a Pushing the Limits novella) (A Pushing the Limits Novel) (Kindle Edition)

But this time I couldn't resist, I really liked Lila in Pushing the Limits and there is something about Katie McGarry characters that just made it impossible not to buy this.

I didn't expect Crossing the Line to have the same emotional impact as Katie McGarry's other books, there just isn't enough time. Having said that I am however suitably impressed by how much story and character growth Katie McGarry managed to put into this novella. Both Lila and Lincoln are really likable and I loved how Lila gets her confidence back at the end.

Truth be told I didn't want Crossing the Line to be a novella. I wanted Lila and Lincoln to have a whole book all to themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Left desperate for more!, 4 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!!, 4 May 2014
I loved it, it was cute and the little extracts from there letters were just written so beautifully I can't wait to read more of her work XO

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice quick read, 11 Mar 2014
Nice quick read was a bit boring in some parts but overall it was a good read.... I'd love to find out what happens after the book finished

4.0 out of 5 stars Left wanting more!!!, 21 Oct 2013
Novellas are always a bit hit and miss. I like that they add something to the story but I'm not a fan of the trend nowadays for novellas to contain vital info about characters in a series so you're obligated to read them to know what's going on. Luckily Katie McGarry's short and sweet story about Lincoln and Lila is nothing more than a sneak peek behind the scenes into characters we've grown fond of and are now fortunate to fall for!

I really liked Lila so I was intrigued that she had this whole secret life going on that Echo didn't know about. I loved how her friendship with Lincoln grew slowly through the old fashioned medium of letter writing. As each letter is sent they reveal a little more of themselves and their hopes and desires and it was wonderful how connected and in tune with each other they were.

At first I didn't quite understand why Lila was so upset with Lincoln but as the story progressed I could see how much she had come to depend on him. Friendships and relationships evolve differently these days with the advancement of social media and it was fun to read a story that focused on that.

My only gripe is that of course it is too short. McGarry has a wonderful way of making you care for her characters and her development be it in a short story or a longer novel is stellar. The glimpse we get into Lincoln and Lila's relationship is far too fleeting and I would love to have seen this cute, sweet romance developed more. Another amazing offering from McGarry!

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed it, 22 Sep 2013
I really enjoy Katie McGarry's novels- I love the twists and that thing aren't always as clear cut as they seem. Great for a bit of summer reading

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written, 19 Sep 2013
I enjoyed this story but felt it was ended a bit abruptly and could have been developed further. Very suitable for young adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love, 4 Aug 2013
I love Katie mcGarrys novella crossing the line. It enchanting, funny, stomach fluttering, page turning bundle of joy that I love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crossing the line, 27 July 2013
This was a great follow up to pushing the limits. Another romance with a great storyline and I look forward to reading more of her books :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Crossing the line, 15 July 2013
Exceptions has a story and Lincoln and Lilas story is one to read. Everyone has to face their demons some day. I love these books they are so very well written. The stories are so well put together and there is no bigger drama than a teenagers life.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›