5.0 out of 5 stars Customized Blogging Tips for Niche Bloggers!
Published 26 days ago by .

2.0 out of 5 stars Half-decent blogging intro but a naughty title
Zoe Griffin already had a profile before starting her blog so she's already had a proven audience and knowledge of her field - celebrity gossip.

Published 11 months ago by TheBalancedReviewer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Half-decent blogging intro but a naughty title, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Get Rich Blogging (Kindle Edition)

See, that's the key - building an audience that regularly comes back to your blog daily or even several times a day. That's even more important than keywording or SEO. It doesn't matter how search engine savvy you are or what 'clickbait' tricks you pull - readers will just bounce straight off a blog that has weak content.

I first became aware of the power of blogs as a potential money-maker and marketing tool in the mid 2000s via my interest in photography. There were a couple of photography blogs I followed that packed in great information and had hundreds or even thousands of visitors daily. The authors had 'authority' even thought when you checked out their histories they were just low-level local photographers that had, through sharing information, become 'internet famous'. But that didn't happen overnight...

I started my own blogs not to make money directly but to 'build authority'. I'm a photographer and designer and blogging helped me to seem like the 'best man for the job' in my locality as I shared interesting information appealing to potential clients. A few posts ranked highly on Google for local searches and I started to get 'out of the blue' work I would never have got otherwise for very little outlay - and the blogging part was fun as I love to write and didn't feel a chore.

I've since added niche websites, exploiting what I've learned from blogging, for very specific aspects of my work. It means get many more enquiries than I ever did pre-blogging when my website was little more than a fancy online leaflet. As part of my work involves building websites, I make the power of blogging something I really try and sell to my, sometimes skeptical, clients.

Some time later I started a parenting blog, focussing on language learning, with my wife. After a 'voice in the wilderness' start it now gets around 7-10k unique hits a month and some of our posts often get widely shared in our niche. The blog doesn't directly sell products but we include Google Ads, which on a (very) lucky month may pay one or two household bills or at least give us some funds for a fancy meal out. Oh, and we've been sent quite a number of parenting-related freebies!

We didn't work hard at moving towards 10k hits, just set a target to add at least a few strong posts every week, but I took nearly four years to gain than traffic, albeit with some periods where we barely touched it. Who knows? Maybe if we work at it, this blog could become a key part of our income, rather than just provide a nice little 'dividend'. But it won't happen overnight.

The thing to remember is that blogging is not new - it's just a form of journalism, a form of writing. All the old rules apply. Clear concise, snappy content. Rich information. Entertaining.

Also, blogs work better when they are not robotic and anonymous. I followed a few money-saving and frugality blogs that were great but the authors were kind of in the background, hiding behind the site rather than making themselves part of it. Cheap meals blogger, Jack Monroe with her hipster mum persona front and centre, by contrast, is 'lifestyle media' gold and has become famous while better blogs have remained obscure.

So ignore the 'get rich blogging' hype. See blogging as journalism. Build an audience. Write about things you are truly enthused about not just what you think is profitable and have fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Customized Blogging Tips for Niche Bloggers!, 6 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Get Rich Blogging (Kindle Edition)
This book provides pratical tips for monetizing a blog. It also provides customized tips for bloggers in various niches, such as fashion, beauty, technology, etc. It's very infomative and worth reading. Furthermore, for advanced web marketing skills, such as SEO, Integrated Search Marketing Solution & Organic Search: Search Engine Optimization, Social Media, and Email Marketing: Winning Formula for SERP Dominance is a good SEO book for cross-reference when building your business website. It teaches you how to implement on-page, off-page and server-side optimization to boost up the SEO competency of your website. For example, it teaches the readers about how to implement tactical link building to become the center of an authoritative hub and deploy facet navigation and page segmentation. It also shows the readers how to avoid duplicate content, the tactics to deploy 301 redirect, and the SEO practices of exception handling and the adoption of custom 404 error page to increase visitor retention rate, and how to increase content / code ratio as well as the programming techniques to boost the web performance. The benefits won't just stop here. It also presents plenty of tips for email marketing. It teaches you how to increase open rate, subscribe rate, CTR and conversion rate by tweaking critical email elements. Also, the book lists out on the most important metrics to watch for in your email campaign and how to interpret these metrics and optimize the email elements accordingly In addition, it demonstrates the tips for the experiment design for your email campaign for further improvement on the critical email elements. Furthermore, Its critical tactics in FB marketing based on role playing will open your eyes.

Furthermore, Cognitive Search Marketing & Paid Search: Theory, Experiment, Practice and Tactics: A PPC Paradigm Powered by Persuasion and Cognition is a perfect read to polish your online marketing skills on paid search. This book provides new perspectives on applying communication theory on today's online marketing campaign and paid search. The book offers online business solutions, from demand generation all the way down to conversion. Based on various communications theories, it demonstrates abundant persuasive ad copy writing tips along with examples that you can refer to immediately. It also shows its readers how to write effective PPC ads by applying cognitive science and which has never been addressed on the books I have ever read. It covers a deep ground in landing page optimization based on UX and bidding management with strategic planning and highly valuable tactics. This book also demonstrates a complete walk-through in a PPC campaign with case study, from keyword generation, persuasive ad copy writing, bidding management, down to conversion tracking. One of the best part of this book is its demonstration on MRI placement targeting and it just blew my mind. The book also interfaces PPC campaign with experiment design to leverage the overall efficiency on a company's marketing plan in a macro-level and which has never been addressed in any books I ran into before. The book also illustrates critical campaign metrics to watch for, how to interpret these metrics and respective actions to take to improve your campaign. Landing page optimization tactics to increase the CTR and conversion rate are emphasized while conversion attribution model and its application is well-addressed. In addition, it shows you many effective bidding techniques to optimize your profit while lowering your CPA. Furthermore, this book extends the value of PPC techniques by applying the PPC tactics into a job search process with examples that readers can use immediately after they read the book.

Have fun!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a universal theory., 31 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Get Rich Blogging (Paperback)
I bought this looking for clues how to monetise my private research. While the book offers good advice it does seem restricted to mass gossip type content rather than something more serious, sadly this is more to do with the state of society rather than the authors efforts and achievements.
There are better ways of spending your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars moved to write my first review!, 24 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Get Rich Blogging (Paperback)
I have my own blog to revamp so I turned to Zoe Griffin's book for advice and I have been blown away by her practical down-to-earth approach, giving me the confidence to go out there and try her ideas myself. Her chatty style puts you at your ease and guides through the essential steps to get you started on your blogging career. Thanks Zoe!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for start-ups and an informative skim-read for established!, 2 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Get Rich Blogging (Kindle Edition)
A masterclass in blogging! If you're looking to start a blog, Zoe covers all aspects you need to consider and illustrates them using her vast personal experience. It may be a bit overly technical on occasion, but on the whole I found the writing style informative, accessible and witty! It would give you all the motivation you need, whilst ensuring you're grounded in terms of expectations. It really is a must read!

Personally, I don't run a blog but part of my website involves written content and I picked up quite a few tips and ideas I could implement into my site. For me, the book was great in terms of website income generation and learning about new revenue streams I could add to my site LegitHotels.com, as well as different promotional strategies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good tips and so honest!, 20 July 2013
This review is from: Get Rich Blogging (Paperback)
Have now bought a lot of books, in an effort to learn as much as possible before I launch my own blog - and this one rates in my top three. Although the authors blog topic is not near to what intend to write about, the hints and tips she gives are clear, easy to understand and utterly useful! I have already marked her book full of notes and 'must- do' tags. - and can recommend it to anyone contemplating a blog career. It has the added advantage of being a nice read - straight, honest and fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for anyone in need of a sharp learning curve, 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Get Rich Blogging (Kindle Edition)
As a senior citizen (ok I admit to 76!) I am building my first blog and the title of 'Get Rich Blogging' appealed to me as my 'goal. I have it downloaded on my Kindle app on the iPad and read a few pages every day. I am learning so much about everything connected to Blogging from this book. The author has pitched the guidance just right, not just about blogging but how to use Social Media, set up accounts, Fan Pages, etc. I am using Word Press and thanks to this book I am learning daily. This book is strongly recommended to anyone thinking of blogging, whether for interest or to 'get rich'.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have if you are to succeed in blogging!, 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Get Rich Blogging (Paperback)
Easy to read, an open, honest, logical know-how book - a must have for all bloggers who wish to succeed.
Zoe is an incredible entrepreneur.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 9 May 2013
KRAMER (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Get Rich Blogging (Paperback)
I bought this book to help me with the content of my website and it is fabulous. It's very useful and the author is very frank doesn't hold back giving great tips, which is rare in self-help books nowadays.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great directions to another means of communicating, 7 April 2013
This review is from: Get Rich Blogging (Kindle Edition)
Well written and clear with exercises at the end of the chapters setting goals as you go through a great start to the world of blogging.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›