on 2 November 2015
If you have any interest in a completely natural labour this book is fantastic. I was very skeptical when I first heard about hypnobirthing but as a first timer I was seeking as much information as possible about the labour process which was looming ahead of me.

I purchased this book at 36 weeks and as soon as I started reading it clicked with me. I was determined I wanted my birth to be as natural an experience as possible and this book enabled me to believe this was possible. It gave me the confidence to believe in my body and the strength of myself. I practiced deep relaxation with the cd everyday and often referred back to the book when I felt worried or anxious, to reinforce my positive thinking.

My baby was 6 days 'overdue' but he came when he was ready and I had the exact labour I wanted and planned for, which I'm certain is all down to reading this book. I went into hospital at 4pm. I held out as long as possible at home, focusing on my up breathing and relaxation through contractions (or 'surges') as taught from reading this book. I was 6cm dilated when I got into hospital and went straight to the labour ward and pool. At 8.50pm my little boy was born using just water as pain relief. I was back home and sleeping in my own bed by 1am. I needed no stitches, which I believe was due to breathing the baby down and the perineal massage I did daily as recommended once again from reading this book.

I honestly believe if it had not been for hypnobirthing and the positive mindset this book instilled, my labour would not have been this smooth.
on 23 November 2015
I recently practiced Hypnobirthing throughout my pregnancy. I started at 20 weeks, but could have started sooner. This whole book & CD gave me a positive perspective on pregnancy.

I was quite fearful about birth, but this book alleviated my worries and fears & empowered me to make decisions about my birth (not have them made for me).

The book has a variety of relaxation techniques & alongside the cd I practiced these each night. Initially the CD was interesting, but within a week I my triggered a deep skew within the first 5 minutes, before this is struggled sleeping in pregnancy so it was worth it just for the good sleep I got, which I needed to stock up on for parenthood.

I'd highly recommend this book & CD for anyone considering Hypnobirthing or anyone who fears birth. It really helped me & it's a lot cheaper than classes. I did classes & because if read the book & practiced the CD they were rather pointless. Hypnobirthing is all about practicing the techniques & learning how to relax & that's best achieved over time practicing, be by going to an expensive class.

FYI- Hypnobirthing did help me during my birth to relax & be calm & positive.
on 28 December 2015
Very interesting read. Some parts of the book are a bit fuzzy or from a certain perspective but overall it must have worked. Used every day from month 6 till birth which was a home pool birth, only a few hours over due date and went wonderfully smoothly and as expected. No drugs other than gas and air for the last 10 mins.
Scripts to read to yourself and to be read by a partner end up being a bit limited but we alternated and kept it going the full 3 months before birth. The book also came with a CD that had 2 relaxation scripts and positive affirmations to help you visualise a calm and successful birth. Great to listen to at night, on walks, when relaxing, etc.
Reading the book helped get in the right frame of mind and have a calm, natural birth.
on 10 February 2016
Great book, easy to read, good points. Made me feel very positive and confident about giving birth. Unfortunately I ended up having an emergency c section. But I used the breathing techniques for the first 6 hours when I progressed very quickly and did it without any meds. Next time things will end up differently I hope and I will have my natural hypnobirth :)
on 4 September 2014
I have read three different hypnobirthing books (Judith Flood, Mongan and this) and this is by far the best. Absolutely love this and am hoping this along with the course I've done will make a difference to the birth of our second child in a few weeks' time. :)
on 14 June 2016
I'm on baby number three and did a bit of hypnobirthing with my last labour thanks to some info passed on by a friend. Thought I would invest in the book this time and glad I did. Would certainly recommend for a first time mum or anyone full of fear. The CD isn't really for me but that's a very personal preference. I prefer other meditations personally and find the voice and tempo on this cd a bit irritating. But I have earmarked some pages in the book to look at during labour and think it is good for reassuring and focusing you.
on 12 June 2016
My cousin just recently had a baby and she had a lot of complications, hearing her story made me look for other options to birthing as I am due in August. I started researching on hypnobirthing and came across this book, I am so glad I purchased it as I haven't been able to put it down, it's a very interesting read and I can't wait to listen to the CD. Definitely a must read for all expecting mother's. I recommend this seller A+++.
on 20 May 2015
Good read & CD is very relaxing. Author has strong views but always presents both sides to the story.
on 1 June 2014
Really useful book and cd to relax with in pregnancy. We didn't do all the scripts as suggested but the visualisations and practical advice in this book really helped keep me calm and relaxed in labour. I am so glad I bought this book rather than spending £300+ on hypnobirthing classes.
on 18 August 2014
very helpful book and cd. With lots of great tips that you can practice at home