5.0 out of 5 stars Sony CX410 Full HD Handycam
First of all I will state that I am reviewing this camera from the point of view of someone who would not normally spend 500 on a camcorder and my best camera before this one is the Sony Handycam CX190 Full HD Camcorder - Black (5.3MP, 25x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD. I also had the fortune to send for the Sony CX220 Full HD Handycam - Black (27x Zoom) so will try to...
Published 16 months ago by Matt

2.0 out of 5 stars Wifi it's not
I bought this on the basis of working with my ipad, it now needs a 100 wifi attachment, in order to function. Oh dear now seems like a rip off,
Published 6 months ago by Anthony Law

5.0 out of 5 stars an amazing foto/filmcamera, 7 Aug 2013
This review is from: Sony CX410 Full HD Handycam with Wi-Fi - Black (55x Extended Zoom) (Electronics)
Exelent quality, amazing close ups even with full zoom, easy to handle and small enough to take it in a pocket.
Just what I wanted

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value Handycam, 30 July 2013
Mr. Tim Tasker (England) - See all my reviews
The optical stabilisation is amazing giving a very stable picture like the camera is on a tripod
Nice sharp video pictures as well

4.0 out of 5 stars Technically good. Difficult to control., 12 Dec 2013
The body feels strong, and substantial. My amazing older Sony TRV900E , with a viewfinder, always has been a dream to operate with all the buttons intuitively in the correct finger reach, so that the camera remains stable when hand held, and yet zooms perfectly and adjusts appropriately without causing camera jerk, etc. I was proud of my work with it.
This new CX410 is so sensitive to the record button, which I consequentially constantly mishandle , thus switching it on and off while trying to make smooth telephoto adjustments. Thus, I cannot yet get anything much sensible out of my filming so far. I also keep catching the Photo button, which is adjacent to the telephoto button, when trying to zoom, thus triggering a still photo to be taken. My size of fingers cannot naturally move and co-ordinate the controls easily and smoothly. No doubt, I shall find a way, but at the moment it is work in progress. The small amount successfully filmed shows that the quality could be there. I always miss a viewfinder on any camera. It provides an extra point of stability, as well as concentrating attention on the picture. I am probably going to be a fan when I get the handling under control.

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommend, 10 Sep 2013
Easy to set up and use- just charge the battery and point. Light to hold, gives superb results. Excellent price point on amazon about 80 cheaper. As charging takes long time would recommend a spare battery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony CX410, 13 Aug 2013
My previous Handycam was also a Sony, although very good I always had some problems with camera shake regardless of how still I stood when zooming, with this one unless zooming to the full extent I find no tripod needed and they have certainly improved it to my satisfaction, and I am quite hard to please. The colours are more vibrant, hand held panning is also very good. I think Sony have done an excellent job and I am looking forward to many years enjoyable videoing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Point and shoot!, 22 April 2013
Suzanne Moore "Suzanne" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not a big camcorder user so don't know much about these in general so all for those people out there who like me this is for you.
There are several little bells and whistles which I haven't figured out yet but the main function, filming, is easy to do. just point and shoot, the zoom is fantastic, you can count the number of freckles on somebody's nose! taking it away for a week end to play I ended up catching a deer running through the trees on camera. Very cool. Works quickly too, just open the screen and presses a button. Zoom toggle is on the top of the camera as well as a button for taking snapshots. Playing around with the camera you can highlight sections there are several different editing functions for those who are budding film directors, comes in HD and has wireless facilities for downloading film and photos.
The only thing is you need to have a memory card as it has no internal memory at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wifi it's not, 23 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best camera you can get for the money, 23 Aug 2013
For the price of the camera I think its one of the best around. Sure there are many other cameras out there that are better but then you also has to spend more money. I bought this on a "sale" so i got a real bargain for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good so far, 2 July 2013
Havent used outside yet, but played around with all the setting and if you use the guide pretty easy to work out how it works. Only disappointment was thought would be eye finder as like to look through that but my fault for not reading properly. However, for the money and the tiny handy size really looks good so far.