Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 February 2013
This is a reasonably good collection with some great tunes and a couple of random additions which really feel like fillers. However my main gripe with this product is that it's really not an 'Acid House' collection. Many of the titles, good as they are, are what back then was called simply 'house' or 'garage' music. If you're looking for Acid House there are better collections out there, and similarly if it's early 90s house anthems you're after, there are better compilations available. My advice would be really to invest in a couple of those for a better coverage of the music scene from that period.
on 9 February 2013
There's less 'acid house' on this compelation then there is in my grandmothers record collection and she's been dead 40 years, but then what do you expect from MOS! Still some good tracks on there all the same and they get a star for that.
on 10 February 2013
What a desperate attempt to flog a compilation of old house hits and some student indie disco favourites from 20 years ago. There is not much acid house here, believe me. If you want acid house there are way better buys out there...records that actually contain acid house records. Avoid this sham.
on 1 March 2013
Mmm, strange one this. Some decent tracks and maybe qualifying for the label 'acid' in that they were played at some of the raves in the 80's bu the collection as a whole isn't an acid collection. IMHO, The Jackmaster series of the 80's had a better Acid/House/Jack collection on them, especially JackMaster 3. We all love music, we may all love this music but we don't love being played by cynical Record Companies. Yes, make money, have the tunes out there for people to buy to support the artists-just don't cash-in so obviously and cheaply. I don't mind being taken for a ride as long as I can pretend I haven't been (baby)!
on 7 February 2013
Whilst this contains some banging tunes, very little of it is Acid House, there is regular house, detroit techno, early rave, but little Acid, most that is, is contained on CD2. I bought it, it's interesting, but is not a definitive collection of Acid House in the slightest.
on 11 February 2013
The title is a joke! However, not a bad selection of tracks I hasten to add! Half of them are what I would describe as "Chicago House" and a few i.e. Alison Limerick are "Classic House". So I give it 3 stars for the tracklisting, minus 2 for the incorrect, misleading title! Try the Hacienda 30 CD for a better collection! Here are a couple of links which might be of more use?

on 11 January 2014
Don't download this album.
I bought the CD of this a while back, and decided to get the download. This way I could have something to listen too on my journeys.
What I didn't realize is that every track has been seperated up, so you get the mixed sections from the previous and next tracks over the beginning and end of each record.
I was hoping for each cd to be downloaded as one whole peice. Even with the tracks seperated, I would have preferred to have the whole tune instead of it being ripped from the CD source.
If you want this, get the CD, or buy the tracks individually.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 August 2013
A Nice collection of tracks of which appears to have been released in 1988 - 1992.

As previously mentioned by other reviewers its NOT an Acid album, theres a few classics on here but the majority are missing.

Alison Limmericks - Where Love Lives , is just one example of a track that has absolutley nothing to do with Acid music, it may of been out at the same time but thats where the simularity ends.

Never the less it's still a good album
on 31 December 2013
While I can appreciate that isnt pure acid house and there isnt much on the album hardcore rave veterans wont already have heard of, its still a very good general snapshot of the house soundscapes of the late 80s/early 90s. Nearly all of the tracks on here are guaranteed floorfillers; theres something here for the alternative and the handbag house crowd.

Disc 3 is damn odd though, I mean Chris Rea on a house album????
on 13 March 2013
Once I heard about this album and listened to the sample tracks, I simply had to have a copy.
Many of the early tunes here are true raw underground anthems, which were usually only played in clubs. Perhaps only real House fans will remember the early tunes here.Truly revolutionary tracks from a time when House was very different from other music styles.

A great addition to any record collection.